ADVERTISEMENT

De'Angelo Ramsey: 313 and 5 TD in 2 quarters

Don’t get me wrong I’m not taking anything from away the guy but we all know running the ball successful starts with the front line and then second line... them guys had to be doing something right with that many yards on that few carries

1516 yards for the season on 119 carries (12.7 ypc). Not sure of his TDs, not as many as you'd think.

Where do you think he will play college ball and how tall is he and how much does he weigh?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not taking anything from away the guy but we all know running the ball successful starts with the front line and then second line... them guys had to be doing something right with that many yards on that few carries

Agreed but he is a really tough runner and gets a lot of yards after contact. He also has deceptive agility. I think he should be playing somewhere on Saturdays next season!

Where do you think he will play college ball and how tall is he and how much does he weigh?

6' 220lb no clue. Might be a grades issue. Did a ton of work to get back on track but that was for HS can't speak to college.

To me if I looked up that stat I would think it was coaching... he got the offense there they just didn’t call his number

Happened on a fairly regular basis. Get them inside the 10 and not get the call. Very, very few runs to him inside the 10. Don't mind the FB getting him some as well but not a fan overall of how Ramsey was used this year, especially early.

Agreed but he is a really tough runner and gets a lot of yards after contact. He also has deceptive agility. I think he should be playing somewhere on Saturdays next season!
Absolutely.... and I hope he gets a offer he deserves... I wish the young man the best.

I wish he would put more of his highlights up on hudl. Only has a few up from this year and while good, these aren't even close to his most impressive plays.

Happened on a fairly regular basis. Get them inside the 10 and not get the call. Very, very few runs to him inside the 10. Don't mind the FB getting him some as well but not a fan overall of how Ramsey was used this year, especially early.
I guess I could understand that more a open space back or keeping the opposing team on their heels they mix it up.... so many different scenarios... maybe even something as simple as he worked us all the way there let someone fresh punch it in... TD’s are great but in the end you can’t deny those yards or the succesful season this young man has produced !!!

I wish he would put more of his highlights up on hudl. Only has a few up from this year and while good, these aren't even close to his most impressive plays.

The play tonight where he reverses field to the weak side, loses 10 yards in the process, jukes 3 guys in like a 5 yard span and picks up a first down was so good. The Cburg run last year where he reverses across literally the entire width of the field and scores a TD as Cburg's coaches throw their headsets in frustration is my favorite.

Like I said, he's been my favorite to watch. He's not the most polished runner I've seen at Salem (that's Coleman Fox) but he's the most talented I've seen and at any level of play I live to see players use their talent to do ridiculous things they shouldn't be able to do and that's what Ramsey does on a weekly basis.

e: this one

Reactions: salemfan32

Hudl is a awesome tool to actually see how dominate a player really is but it’s also used by the opposing teams to break everything down. Anyone really looking to make it the next level should focus on a personal highlight video that is sent to college recruits, whether it’s your coaches,parents or yourself....don’t rely just on hudl anymore or Vimeo

The play tonight where he reverses field to the weak side, loses 10 yards in the process, jukes 3 guys in like a 5 yard span and picks up a first down was so good. The Cburg run last year where he reverses across literally the entire width of the field and scores a TD as Cburg's coaches throw their headsets in frustration is my favorite.

Like I said, he's been my favorite to watch. He's not the most polished runner I've seen at Salem (that's Coleman Fox) but he's the most talented I've seen and at any level of play I live to see players use their talent to do ridiculous things they shouldn't be able to do and that's what Ramsey does on a weekly basis.

e: this one

Still great video

Hudl is a awesome tool to actually see how dominate a player really is but it’s also used by the opposing teams to break everything down. Anyone really looking to make it the next level should focus on a personal highlight video that is sent to college recruits, whether it’s your coaches,parents or yourself....don’t rely just on hudl anymore or Vimeo
The opposing teams already have the film... I'm not sure I understand that part of it what you said.

No, you shouldn't just rely on Hudl/YouTube/Vimeo but it is never a bad idea to generate more interest... there is a reason why most top players have update their highlights regularly. I know of several players that almost immediately went from getting no attention to blowing up after their highlights started gaining popularity.

Good blocking don't account for the number of tackles this kid breaks on a regular. Salem is know for the O-line (the mules) play but those numbers were not being up by other backs in their offense. He is a special talent. You have to see him play to understand what the talk is about.

Reactions: Sirduke5
The opposing teams already have the film... I'm not sure I understand that part of it what you said.

No, you shouldn't just rely on Hudl/YouTube/Vimeo but it is never a bad idea to generate more interest... there is a reason why most top players have update their highlights regularly. I know of several players that almost immediately went from getting no attention to blowing up after their highlights started gaining popularity.
I know teams have video of opposing teams but hudl especially gives you the opportunity to circle and highlight what a player does individually or even better how it leads to that players highlight, that’s my point. Let’s take Shernados QB for example: decent arm but great running abilities... well every offensive corrdinator has tendancies they just can’t help..... he should have a fair chance at a D2 school or worst case D3.... but if you only watch video you never actually get how good he is or can be. Solely if you base his evaluation off what limited video the high school teams allow you to see... bc remember they are always protecting their game plans and don’t put everything out there

Ramsey is a bad boy. Spartans are loaded even with the injuries. Praying for safe travels for all of the Salem fans coming on Friday. Look forward to some friendly smack talk coming in the next couple days leading up to the game. It’s going to be a fun one for the fans!

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT