ADVERTISEMENT

DeAngelo Ramsey

if there is a better RB in the state I'd like to see him. He probably cemented his legacy as the best RB in Salem history. 22 carries, 265 yards.
I do believe he is the most talented ever. Won't have the numbers he could have due to splitting time part of this season and missing much of last but he is phenomenal.

Salem fans are spoiled as they have Zavione Wood and Lewis Ramsey Jr coming up as rising sophomores this year. I can tell you from first hand experience that Wood is the real deal.

Reactions: salemfan32
Wow. He was the best player I saw in person all season. I did not see a lot of plays from Louisa's #12 tonight. Ramsey has to be going somewhere to play and I hope he figures it out to stay and play at the next level.

Here comes the debate, from what I saw watching it and others today, he was the best player. There were a few who probably matched or even outgained his importance to his team, but he was best I saw. But you know there will be the discussion of others and their "numbers".

There is a reason that the person with the best numbers isn't always the best though.

There are a couple of backs that are arguably more talented, but no doubt he was the most productive and most dominant back. Dude destroyed the comp in the postseason especially

Reactions: mike salem
Salem has been blessed over the years with excellent backs with all different styles but watching Ramsey run is a treat. He runs angry which I like!!

Reactions: mike salem
Is he able to prep at a FUMA, hardgrave or a JUCo, if grades are issues for student athletes there are outlets available. Many times kids are lost to whatever because after high school because there wasn’t an opportunity for a free education through sports they stop and do whatever. There needs to be more effort put into steering those athletes with gifts to these to give them a chance to get that second look.

Reactions: one man
Wow. He was the best player I saw in person all season. I did not see a lot of plays from Louisa's #12 tonight. Ramsey has to be going somewhere to play and I hope he figures it out to stay and play at the next level.
Smith is a tremendous talent but I think this was the first time he had played against another big player with similar athletic ability. Also, Salem is better than any other team at blocking the second level. Lots of technical things attribute to their success up front but how effectively they block linebackers is the biggest difference maker. You see some games where linebackers are completely confused because they are not used to backside/playside lineman releasing onto them so quickly. Smith got blocked far more than he had all year but he also did have some opportunities where Ramsey just beat him in space. That being said, he did still make a couple of good solo plays to stop Ramsey.

Smith has seen double and triple teams every game all year. Saying he got blocked today more than he did all year is a huge stretch and simply wrong.

Teams were triple teaming your middle linebacker when you run a five man front? I guess they were just not blocking any of the defensive lineman?

Reactions: salemfan32
@Shabutie https://www.hudl.com/profile/4838024/jack-erwin/videos the second play of Erwin's Louisa highlights shows an example.
That was a trap and that is pretty much standard. If your playside OLB wasn't so wide the tackle would have blocked him instead. That is different from backside guards getting to you on isolation plays. Look at Ramsey's big run in the 4th quarter when you get a chance. Most teams would not be able to get a backside guard to the middle backer that quickly. If it was just him and the fullback he might have been able to make the play but he already had #68 Overstreet engaging him almost immediately.

I'm not saying this to cut down on the kid, I'm actually saying it to show how difficult of an offense it is to play against for linebackers. It is really hard to tell playside from backside because the first steps look so similar when you are reading the OL. I didn't get done watching that game and think Smith is worse than I originally thought. Actually, considering how well they got to him and the running back he was against I thought he played well.

Hey vpi you putyour. Eggs in basket. With beck...... RAMSEY... YOU XUMBASSSSSSSSA..... YOUJUST DONT GET IT!!!!!!!!!

Some negative things about Smith have been said on here getting blocked for the first time etc! Well if they blocked him they must not have done a very good job! According to the Fls paper he was credited for 14 tackles 2 for losses! He caused 1 fumble and blocked a field goal! So for a guy being double teamed I would say he looked rather impressive to me! Also as we was leaving the game I was curious where that stud back was going to school and I asked three Salem fans and they informed me he is going no where! And as we got to where we was parked I saw another Salem fan and asked him where is Ramsey going that I was told no where be 3 other fans and I asked the fan and he also said no where! Then I said how can a runner like that go nowhere and the fan politely responded I am the Salem principal and he will not be going to college so don't ask me any more questions about him and let's not discuss it any more! So read what you want to the conversation but it sounded to me like grades was not his downfall but something more serious ! Student athletes all the time don't have the grades to go to college but go to juco to get their grades up but for the principal to say that really leaves me wondering! Why didn't he say he had grade problems rather than not discuss it and leave it at that? What a talent he is! Him and Devin Ford of N Stafford are the best HS backs I have seen in many years so let's hope it's his grades not something more serious that the principal seemed to be not discussing!

Some negative things about Smith have been said on here getting blocked for the first time etc! Well if they blocked him they must not have done a very good job! According to the Fls paper he was credited for 14 tackles 2 for losses! He caused 1 fumble and blocked a field goal! So for a guy being double teamed I would say he looked rather impressive to me! Also as we was leaving the game I was curious where that stud back was going to school and I asked three Salem fans and they informed me he is going no where! And as we got to where we was parked I saw another Salem fan and asked him where is Ramsey going that I was told no where be 3 other fans and I asked the fan and he also said no where! Then I said how can a runner like that go nowhere and the fan politely responded I am the Salem principal and he will not be going to college so don't ask me any more questions about him and let's not discuss it any more! So read what you want to the conversation but it sounded to me like grades was not his downfall but something more serious ! Student athletes all the time don't have the grades to go to college but go to juco to get their grades up but for the principal to say that really leaves me wondering! Why didn't he say he had grade problems rather than not discuss it and leave it at that? What a talent he is! Him and Devin Ford of N Stafford are the best HS backs I have seen in many years so let's hope it's his grades not something more serious that the principal seemed to be not discussing!
Because it is against the law for him (the principal) to discuss a student's grades.

Reactions: hamspear and Gunz41
He didn't have to discuss his grades all he had to say he was going to prep school! Didn't expect a rundown of each grade in each class he takes! Any way I hope you are right! Like to see him a VT uni!

He didn't have to discuss his grades all he had to say he was going to prep school! Didn't expect a rundown of each grade in each class he takes! Any way I hope you are right! Like to see him a VT uni!

Because his 1st priority is his students, and maybe the KID has some kind of issue, but it is not his place to discuss it, And that is exactly what he sounds like he did. His situation is none of ANY OF OUR BUSINESSES. So he told you he wasn't going to discuss it.

Sorry man, but you don't have the right to know something personal about a KID

Here's hoping that things work out for all the players for Salem and Louisa and they all have a very bright future, football or no football.

He could have said this, it sounds better ......

The Mission of the Salem City School Division is to provide a loving and engaging environment that inspires children to reach their full potential.

Love. Engage. Inspire.

Core Values:
The Core Values of Salem City School include the following:
  • We are committed to excellence in all we do.
  • We believe that all children are important and can be successful.

The Mission of the Salem City School Division is to provide a loving and engaging environment that inspires children to reach their full potential.

Love. Engage. Inspire.

Core Values:

That's a mouthful, just saying I'm not discussing it is better. But the thing thst made me reply because he thought he was owed the answer. I'll bet that most principals dont know the future plans of most of their students. A guidance counselor is more likely to know that.

I hope the KID does well in the future, and does get to go on, but this subject has no business being on here

Just didn’t sound like a positive response from a principal. Yeah, don’t discuss. Or be positive somehow. Not negative.

Because it is against the law for him (the principal) to discuss a student's grades.
Yep true in that regard but he shouldn’t have had an opinion on it let alone discussing it to people at a football game. Maybe he doesn’t know as much as he thinks... school issues, grades, whatever the reason might be for the kid getting to the next level, if I found out for sure he said that and it was my kid, He would definitely be having a sit down with me and a few others to discuss why he would make such a comment.

Love. Engage. Inspire.

Core Values:
Yeah keep drinking that koolaid.....

Regardless of what's going on I just hope and pray he gets an opportunity to play on the next level if that's what he truly wants to do. It would be a damn shame for someone with that much talent to not see it put to use in a way that may give him some opportunities that most people would kill for.. I don't know about the rest of you guys and gals, but I learned an awful lot in college (most of which was out of the classroom) and grew up in a hurry. Whatever happens in the next year could change his life.
In my opinion he is a generational talent. It may be an awfully long time before any of us in Salem see that type of kid toting the ball around. Like I said, I just hope he gets a chance.

Didn't mean any harm by asking around about the player just was more curious of why a talent like that was not playing in the next leavel! Sure no disgrace for not having the grades but what college team in the world could not see that talent and pursue him and trying to get him in prep school! If any the people had said he didnt have the grades would be understanding but all said he is going no where made me wonder why! Maybe he just dont want to go to college etc and thats ok but what a impessive talent that may even be able to play pro ball one day! To each his own!

Didn't mean any harm by asking around about the player just was more curious of why a talent like that was not playing in the next leavel! Sure no disgrace for not having the grades but what college team in the world could not see that talent and pursue him and trying to get him in prep school! If any the people had said he didnt have the grades would be understanding but all said he is going no where made me wonder why! Maybe he just dont want to go to college etc and thats ok but what a impessive talent that may even be able to play pro ball one day! To each his own!
Skynard u are you're a prick

GentleInfamousAsiaticwildass-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT