ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Creek at Lafayette

Deep Creek has not played as far as I know on Turf this year, game is not on their mud ball field and I don’t think many of their opponents run the wing T with some significant passing thrown in. Their defense will be the best we have seen and causes turnovers. Their offense is good but I don’t think beyond what we have seen from other teams we have played. It will be whose defense excels the most. A close game 21-14 either way. No common opponents and I have not seen DC play nor has anyone from down there I am sure seen us play. Impossible to call intelligently.

I haven't seen Lafayette, but I can tell you what to expect from DC.. They'll be really tough against the run. Enough S.E. District teams run the Wing T that they won't be overwhelmed by it. They have a harder time against a pass Offense which can provide their QB enough time to get the ball to their receivers.

Likewise, their Offense depends on the running game too. Expect a good special teams effort too.

Bottom line is that it should be a good, hard fought game which they've had plenty of experience playing this year.

I haven't seen Lafayette, but I can tell you what to expect from DC.. They'll be really tough against the run. Enough S.E. District teams run the Wing T that they won't be overwhelmed by it. They have a harder time against a pass Offense which can provide their QB enough time to get the ball to their receivers.

Likewise, their Offense depends on the running game too. Expect a good special teams effort too.

Bottom line is that it should be a good, hard fought game which they've had plenty of experience playing this year.
Thanks for the comments. I really don’t know what to expect this Friday. Our defense is very tough against the run, less effective against the pass. Our offense goes in spurts and the passing is very good but sometimes that protection breaks down. Best thing was on Friday getting down to Warhill 17-7, most points in a game all season to wake everyone up.

Reactions: gwb16
All season I thought that lafayette was down and DC was up. I️ still think that but... I know I can trust Laf. To show up and play mistake free penalty free football.

DC I have never actually seen so IDK.

I guess I’ll take DC but it will be close in my book and very little margin of error for either team

Reactions: gwb16
This has the makings of a playoff classic here. Lafayette is a playoff staple with a storied history and Deep Creek in a resurgence role-looking to regain the levels of its past dominance. Two teams hanging their hats on strong defenses and efficient smash mouth running games. A lot of talk is centered on the Region B games but I'd bet a lot of money that this game is going to be one of the best in the state.
I look for this to be close for 4 quarters with the Rams taking the win in the neighborhood of 31-24. Reasons being home field advantage (turf), home crowd, and the most recent playoff experience when it come down to crunch time. Creek is super talented and obviously well coached, but I tend to lean towards the saltiness and experience of Lafayette prevailing late in the game.
No matter the outcome this will be a barn burner.

This has the makings of a playoff classic here. Lafayette is a playoff staple with a storied history and Deep Creek in a resurgence role-looking to regain the levels of its past dominance. Two teams hanging their hats on strong defenses and efficient smash mouth running games. A lot of talk is centered on the Region B games but I'd bet a lot of money that this game is going to be one of the best in the state.
I look for this to be close for 4 quarters with the Rams taking the win in the neighborhood of 31-24. Reasons being home field advantage (turf), home crowd, and the most recent playoff experience when it come down to crunch time. Creek is super talented and obviously well coached, but I tend to lean towards the saltiness and experience of Lafayette prevailing late in the game.
No matter the outcome this will be a barn burner.

Guys when you are at your regional Semi's there is not a bad game statewide. Not just Region B, Look at region D! I am not too sure on the region C teams but I am sure those teams can ball and will be in wars this Friday as well.

Lafayette always has a stellar Special Teams group. And has for YEARS. This game should be a great one.
I was quite shocked when I saw the early scores from last week against Warhill. Thought it was a misprint.
DC dismantling Heritage the way they did was a bit of an eye-opener for me. Heritage vastly improved after their opening week loss to Warhill.
I would not be surprised to see DC vs KF Part II next week.
Although I'd rather see Smithfield vs Lafayette Part II....for personal reasons of course! ;)

Just hope that everyone remains injury free...

Lafayette always has a stellar Special Teams group. And has for YEARS. This game should be a great one.
I was quite shocked when I saw the early scores from last week against Warhill. Thought it was a misprint.
DC dismantling Heritage the way they did was a bit of an eye-opener for me. Heritage vastly improved after their opening week loss to Warhill.
I would not be surprised to see DC vs KF Part II next week.
Although I'd rather see Smithfield vs Lafayette Part II....for personal reasons of course! ;)

Just hope that everyone remains injury free...
I looked behind the score of the DC/ Heritage game via the Daily Press and I saw how 2 Tds were turnover scores/ great defense but I am still wondering how they got the other
4 TDs on something like 230 yards total offense/ about 125 passing and 100 rushing. More fumbles or Ints ?
On Warhill, remember the Lafayette game in the regular season (24-7) was game #3- two months ago. With three excellent backs and a mobile QB Warhill had their own improvrmt and in their later game this year against Smithfield they were missing a key RB who also plays LB/ Noah Holmes son of a well known Steelers player. And of course I think the D was getting somewhat complacent. Still, against a great run defense like DC our starting center is in game 3 of his suspension. Not good.

Seal the edges and contain those tosses and sweeps that they are so good at.

Do that and you shut down their offense.

Their defense is very good. Very physical. Kings Fork played them on their senior night and they came out fired up. They really brought the wood. I would say between the games Kings Fork played against Smith, Indian River, and DC that DC had the most physical defense. I'm not saying the entire season, just the games against Fork.

Fork won the game through the air.

Seal the edges and contain those tosses and sweeps that they are so good at.

Do that and you shut down their offense.

Their defense is very good. Very physical. Kings Fork played them on their senior night and they came out fired up. They really brought the wood. I would say between the games Kings Fork played against Smith, Indian River, and DC that DC had the most physical defense. I'm not saying the entire season, just the games against Fork.

Fork won the game through the air.
Lafayette is exceptionally good at sealing the ends. IF a RB breaks containment.....someone tripped or fell...or got away with a holding. LOL! This could turn into a late FG or who made the first mistake type of game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DivePitchKeep
The difference maker for Lafayette could be #2, Jack Erwin...the kid makes plays and is the best athlete they have, in my opinion.

Reactions: DivePitchKeep
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT