ADVERTISEMENT

Deep Creek vs Kings Fork

mbonape1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2015
Anybody from region A have anything to say about this? It is only the biggest game in 4a this week and not one whisper from the board.

@ForksUp talk to us... what’s the mood down there?

Deep Creek says they are the “New Creek” trying to bring back the “Old Creek”. Believe it or not I actually know what that means.

Is one of these teams going to put Region A and Region B on notice this week? If so which one.

Let's see?

KF lost to WB. Their only loss.

DC beat WB the next week.

DC Lost to OC Smith. Their only loss.

WB sits at 4-4, with losses to mediocre teams.

OCS lost only to powerhouse Vero Beach.

KF: PF 291, PA 70

Game is being played at Deep Creek.

Gee..., I think I'll go with Deep Fork. No, wait, I think I'll take Kings Creek.

Reactions: gwb16
Let's see?

KF lost to WB. Their only loss.

DC beat WB the next week.

DC Lost to OC Smith. Their only loss.

WB sits at 4-4, with losses to mediocre teams.

OCS lost only to powerhouse Vero Beach.

KF: PF 291, PA 70

Game is being played at Deep Creek.

Gee..., I think I'll go with Deep Fork. No, wait, I think I'll take Kings Creek.

To quote my brotha @BleedingNavy "you cant compare them like that!!!" "Its a rivalry game!!"

@DP who did you pick in this one?

I took KF but that might as well have been a heads or tails call for me

KF wins.

DC has offensive issues. Don't think they can score enough.

KF defense is very good. I'd say the second best defense in the district, behind OS.

That loss to WB by KF is a bad look but KF completely dominated that game in every was except the only way that matters, on the score board. Penalties, penalties, penalties.

KF is capable of moving the ball on the ground and through the air. The receivers for KF are playing great. Sam Dunn, Cherrod Joe, Bobby Boone. All three very talented. Cherrod Joe led the district in receiving last year. Butts is leading the area in rushing, 1300 yards and 18 TDs, I believe.

No one has been able to run the ball on KF. The DTs have been a force to this point. I expect that to continue.

If DC gets their QB back and is able to apply some kind of pressure with a passing game then it could be a great game. If they are unable to throw the ball then they will not hit double digits on the score board.

KF wins.

DC has offensive issues. Don't think they can score enough.

KF defense is very good. I'd say the second best defense in the district, behind OS.

That loss to WB by KF is a bad look but KF completely dominated that game in every was except the only way that matters, on the score board. Penalties, penalties, penalties.

KF is capable of moving the ball on the ground and through the air. The receivers for KF are playing great. Sam Dunn, Cherrod Joe, Bobby Boone. All three very talented. Cherrod Joe led the district in receiving last year. Butts is leading the area in rushing, 1300 yards and 18 TDs, I believe.

No one has been able to run the ball on KF. The DTs have been a force to this point. I expect that to continue.

If DC gets their QB back and is able to apply some kind of pressure with a passing game then it could be a great game. If they are unable to throw the ball then they will not hit double digits on the score board.

Wow ok... I like the confidence. Good luck on Friday!

Reactions: ForksUp
I switched mine to KF only because of your pick @mbonape1 because I thought you would know this game! I am holding you accountable!

Lol... KF was my pick to win Region A all the way back to June... but that loss to WB was baaad and threw me for a big loop. DC was not even on my radar at the start of the season. They played Smith pretty tough though according to @757FridayNiteZ.

@757FridayNiteZ what do you think happens in this one?

Reactions: hamspear
KF's quarterback, German was out for that Western Branch game. For Deep Creek, I think it'll depend on whether their starting QB is back for Friday's game. DC is too one dimensional without a reliable passing game.

I still think it'll be a close defensive struggle and in those games, special team plays & turn overs usually make the difference.
I say 14 KF - 10 DC but it could go the other way too.

Reactions: CavsGrad
KF's quarterback, German was out for that Western Branch game. For Deep Creek, I think it'll depend on whether their starting QB is back for Friday's game. DC is too one dimensional without a reliable passing game.

I still think it'll be a close defensive struggle and in those games, special team plays & turn overs usually make the difference.
I say 14 KF - 10 DC but it could go the other way too.

German played against WB. He grew up that night. A lot of the team did. That was a tough loss to swallow. One of those were you do everything you're supposed to for 90% of the snaps but the 10% that went wrong cost you the game. KF dominated that game in every way. Penalties kept WB in the game and ultimately helped them win it.

I'll tell y'all these guys are playing with a purpose. The team is much closer than last year. The buy in during the off season was kicked up a few knotches. Butts, the senior running back and really the leader of this team, has dedicated this football season to his mother. She passed away in February. Considering how close most of these guys are, others have worked in a similar fashion to win a state championship in her memory. I don't know if it's that. What I do know is these guys will not go away easy for anyone.

First goal of the season was accomplished last week, win the city of Suffolk.

Next goal is district, then a state championship.

Reactions: CavsGrad
I read that DC's coach expects their QB to return this week. My gut tells me KF will win, but I like the underdog. I'm going with DC in a close game.

Reactions: mbonape1
I'm pulling for KF, considering they are my Route 10 neighbors...but I don't know about this, my gut is telling me DC. I don't know why. A win by either team wouldn't be considered an upset....would it? Wish I could go....but I'll be tending to the wife after her surgery Friday morning....

I'm pulling for KF, considering they are my Route 10 neighbors...but I don't know about this, my gut is telling me DC. I don't know why. A win by either team wouldn't be considered an upset....would it? Wish I could go....but I'll be tending to the wife after her surgery Friday morning....

I pray all goes well with your wife's surgery.

Depends on KF's season finale against OS I would assume. If KF pulls the upset of the year in the state, I'd think they would be at the top
This Friday Lafayette has a tough away game at 6-1 Poquoson, I'll be thinking about seeds on Friday at 10:00 pm. Our last game is Grafton, bottom of the power points in 4 A.

This Friday Lafayette has a tough away game at 6-1 Poquoson, I'll be thinking about seeds on Friday at 10:00 pm. Our last game is Grafton, bottom of the power points in 4 A.

Hypothetically, if KF were to take down DC and Lafayette takes an L to Poquoson, would KF get the 1 seed even with a loss to Smith?

Man, no matter what happens it'll be fun to watch it play out. Wish everyone luck, unless they are playing Kings Fork! #ForksUp

Also just read DC's starting QB was cleared. So he should be a go tomorrow night.

I still think KF wins it. I think that defensive line is one of the best in the state. Up the middle with the 2 DTs and then a MLB that can really play. KF hasn't allowed 100 yards rushing in a single game. The WB game, the only loss, they only totaled 170 yards of total offense. Certainly the two biggest tests come the this week and next but what they've done to this point is impressive. Nansemond River and Lakeland both entered the game with backs who had multiple weeks of running for over 100 and they were both held to under 50 total as a TEAM! Indian River didn't move the ball at all.

Matter of fact I can say with certainty that KF has given up more yards with defensive penalties than the opposing offense has actually gained. Now, they do have a lot of penalty yards, the point still stands though. They are the second best defense in the district, behind Smith.

They will absolutely need to clean up those penalty yards come playoff time. Seen better teams lose playoff games that they never should have lost because of penalties. That's one of the reasons I like Chavis so much at Smithfield, he has cut down on our penalty yardage significantly. Packers used to be good for 2 or 3 "emotions charged" penalities. Read that as 'unsportsmanlike conduct"...self control and discipline are very key elements to success on the football field and in life. Not saying that KF is that way, I was just strictly speaking of Smithfield. There was a time when our games against Tabb, Grafton and Bruton looked like flag day... those days are behind us now...I believe and still hope. Last two years I have seen a steady improvement in self control.

Speaking of, what's your prediction? Please excuse the side banter, everyone....

Speaking of, what's your prediction? Please excuse the side banter, everyone....
I'll go with Lafayette by 14 if they play the way they should, but strange things have happened at Poquoson over the years. What I can't find out is what is with Poquoson the last several games and that makes a prediction tough. Pulling it out in the 4th against Tabb , shutout at home against Smithfield and behind at the half to Bruton and only scoring 28 points in total- all the good teams hit 50+. It almost as if there are some injuries everyone is keeping quiet on. Something is amiss but I don't know what.

I'll go with Lafayette by 14 if they play the way they should, but strange things have happened at Poquoson over the years. What I can't find out is what is with Poquoson the last several games and that makes a prediction tough. Pulling it out in the 4th against Tabb , shutout at home against Smithfield and behind at the half to Bruton and only scoring 28 points in total- all the good teams hit 50+. It almost as if there are some injuries everyone is keeping quiet on. Something is amiss but I don't know what.

Tabb's a big rival, turnovers hurt against Smithfield and they were probably looking ahead against Bruton...geez, that's a lot of excuses, huh? Are they in a rut, or is something legitimately wrong? I'm not sure, myself, but they need to turn it on now...I said Lafayette by 17.

I didn't want to start a new thread or hijack this one, but I saw Lafayette play at Poquoson and was thoroughly impressed w/the Rams' Erwin. I thought he was the best athlete on the field that night followed closely by Hicks and Burden....

I didn't want to start a new thread or hijack this one, but I saw Lafayette play at Poquoson and was thoroughly impressed w/the Rams' Erwin. I thought he was the best athlete on the field that night followed closely by Hicks and Burden....
I’m still trying to find out about the final status of the ejected lineman who is line for a 3 day suspension unless adjusted by the two teams principles and AD’s. This as good as the defense played. Poquoson with negative rushing yards for the game! Await the Oscar Smith / KF game for seeding. I like just about everyone else thinks OS will win. My reasons are OS Smith scored 28 on DC on a rainy and wet field. On a dry and good night KF/DC played to 14-14 in regulation. I see OS by 14.

If Kings fork stays within 14 pts of OS then they are legit! no denying it. I took them in the upset!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I’m still trying to find out about the final status of the ejected lineman who is line for a 3 day suspension unless adjusted by the two teams principles and AD’s. This as good as the defense played. Poquoson with negative rushing yards for the game! Await the Oscar Smith / KF game for seeding. I like just about everyone else thinks OS will win. My reasons are OS Smith scored 28 on DC on a rainy and wet field. On a dry and good night KF/DC played to 14-14 in regulation. I see OS by 14.

The only thing I saw was the kid get up from the pile, take his helmet off and throw it down on the field...have no idea what actually happened. I don't see any 4A teams having a lot of success running the ball against Lafayette...don't know much about KF or OS, but I'll take Smith.

If Kings fork stays within 14 pts of OS then they are legit! no denying it. I took them in the upset!
I agree if they stay within 14 they will be favorite in A region against all others. If the lose by 21 or more it’s an even battle between the top 4.

The only thing I saw was the kid get up from the pile, take his helmet off and throw it down on the field...have no idea what actually happened. I don't see any 4A teams having a lot of success running the ball against Lafayette...don't know much about KF or OS, but I'll take Smith.
The refs said he kicked a s Poquoson player and was ejected. All in stands saw nothing.

The refs said he kicked a s Poquoson player and was ejected. All in stands saw nothing.

I think there is a deadline, like the following Tuesday, to affect an appeal. If you haven't heard anything by now, I think the odds are that it wasn't appealed. (Or appealed and upheld). But don't give up hope, because this is just my fuzzy memory.

I would consider that upset, "earth shattering". Nothing at all implied agains KF, it's just one of those matchups that are absolutely one-sided. (You know, like the Redskins playing anybody!)

I would consider that upset, "earth shattering". Nothing at all implied agains KF, it's just one of those matchups that are absolutely one-sided. (You know, like the Redskins playing anybody!)

Definitely excited for the game. Would.be monumental!

The streak has to end at some point. Why not us? Why not Friday in our house on senior night with a chance to get a share of the district title? Let's do it men!!

I can't disagree.

The precedent has been set this year. Howard U. upset UNLV in the largest NCAA point spread upset ever.

(For you old guys, does the name Chaminade comes to mind?)

I can't disagree.

The precedent has been set this year. Howard U. upset UNLV in the largest NCAA point spread upset ever.

(For you old guys, does the name Chaminade comes to mind?)

I betcha Terry Holland clearly remembers!
@ForksUp you are trying to get me to slide down Rt. 10 Friday night!

I’m still trying to find out about the final status of the ejected lineman who is line for a 3 day suspension unless adjusted by the two teams principles and AD’s.

I did some digging into the appeal process. The appeal is not just dependent on the 2 principals. The commissioner of the officiating association also must agree. If any 1 of the 3 individuals are not onboard with the appeal, the appeal is denied and the suspension is upheld. Once the appeal passes this "local" stage, it goes to the VHSL. Here is the excerpt on what happens at this stage: "Unless there is compelling video evidence of an error on the part of an
official, the local decision to approve or deny the appeal will be upheld." So, usually the local decision on the appeal is upheld by the VHSL.

As for when the appeal must be filed by, I couldn't find it spelled out anywhere. I'm assuming this means that an appeal can be filed anytime. The only time factor was on the VHSL's response to an appeal. But, as a general note, if they're going to appeal an ejection it's going to be done by the following Monday so the player can be reinstated ASAP.

I did some digging into the appeal process. The appeal is not just dependent on the 2 principals. The commissioner of the officiating association also must agree. If any 1 of the 3 individuals are not onboard with the appeal, the appeal is denied and the suspension is upheld. Once the appeal passes this "local" stage, it goes to the VHSL. Here is the excerpt on what happens at this stage: "Unless there is compelling video evidence of an error on the part of an
official, the local decision to approve or deny the appeal will be upheld." So, usually the local decision on the appeal is upheld by the VHSL.

As for when the appeal must be filed by, I couldn't find it spelled out anywhere. I'm assuming this means that an appeal can be filed anytime. The only time factor was on the VHSL's response to an appeal. But, as a general note, if they're going to appeal an ejection it's going to be done by the following Monday so the player can be reinstated ASAP.
Yep! Just found out the principals decision and appeal goes to commissioner of refs. That guy is the one who threw the flag on the play! Not joking!! So appeal ain’t gonna work- so lineman is lost for three games. Not good but that’s life with 17 year olds. On film there was a kick.

Yep! Just found out the principals decision and appeal goes to commissioner of refs. That guy is the one who threw the flag on the play! Not joking!! So appeal ain’t gonna work- so lineman is lost for three games. Not good but that’s life with 17 year olds. On film there was a kick.

If that is true, then this meets the one exception of the commissioner being involved. If the commissioner was an official on the game, then he is replaced by the League's Director of Officials in that "local" decision-making process.

Last edited:
This is from the VHSL Sports Officials Handbook, 17-C:

APPEAL PROCESS

1) The appeal process must be initiated by the principals of the schools involved in the contest. In most cases, this will be the principal of the school the ejected individual attends. It is his/her job to contact the principal of the other school. It is not in the Commissioner’s or Assigner’s job description to initiate an appeal.

2) If the two principals agree that an appeal is warranted, and only if they agree, the commissioner/assigner will be contacted for input. There is one exception – if the commissioner/assigner was a member of the crew working the game, the League’s Director of Officials will act in his/her place. Unless there is unanimity (2 principals and commissioner/assigner), the appeal is denied.

3) Final authority on any appeal rests with the VHSL office, specifically, Tom Dolan. Unless there is compelling video evidence of an error on the part of an official, the local decision to approve or deny the appeal will be upheld.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT