ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive Players

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
We talk about the offensive side of the ball a lot, but I want to know, who are you excited to see on the defensive side of the ball and why? Shout out players on your team, or on others!

I'm really excited to see #8 for EC Glass, Jairelle Reeves. He was 2nd team All Region at Safety last year as a Junior and is poised for an all-state type of year this season. He's long and rangy and loves to make the big hit. He's improved his foot speed and hip movement and has added 10lbs of muscle so far this off season. He will definitely be an impact player for the Hilltoppers this season.

Louisa's Austin Sims and Alex Washington at the LB positions. Both got some PT last year and showed flashes. It'll be fun to see how they do under Brandon Smith's wing full time.

Noah Robinson, Xavien Hunter and of course Jarett Hunter at the DB spots. Noah has D1 size but only played JV last year. Xavien has only played basketball but is another talent in a big, athletic family.

Last edited:
I'm really excited to see #8 for EC Glass, Jairelle Reeves. He was 2nd team All Region at Safety last year as a Junior and is poised for an all-state type of year this season. He's long and rangy and loves to make the big hit. He's improved his foot speed and hip movement and has added 10lbs of muscle so far this off season. He will definitely be an impact player for the Hilltoppers this season.

THIS WAS THE GUY I WAS GOING TO PUT! He is all over the field! I can't wait to see him this year! He is going to have a monster year! I like his vocal leadership too!

Reactions: VolNation85
Watch out for the pit bull at LB for GW Danville. Carl Poole Jr. is the second best LB in 4a after Brandon Smith. He’s a true dog! All over the field. Was limited to 7 games last year but he’s physically gifted, he’s smart and he has a nose for the football. Look for rising junior Shawn Watlington Jr. to have an all state type of year at safety this year.

Got a chance to see some film on Reeves. He’s a monster. Physical and has great football instincts. Old school player. Thanks for sharing this information Vols. Glass will have the best defense in 4a West without question.

Reactions: VolNation85
Got a chance to see some film on Reeves. He’s a monster. Physical and has great football instincts. Old school player. Thanks for sharing this information Vols. Glass will have the best defense in 4a West without question.
I hope you're right! It's impossible to replace a man in the middle such as Thomas "T Patt" Patterson but, Glass has 8 returning starters on D to make up for the loss.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT