ADVERTISEMENT

Delay in Pick em Results, Standings, and Games

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I am in the hospital for an unscheduled surgery in the morning. I had a muscle relaxant pump replaced 2 months ago and the incision was in a bad location. The pump has moved within my abdomen and is pushing on the incision causing it to reopen. They have to fix the incision and maybe relocate the pump. I hope to be out tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know for sure. I'll post pick em stuff tomorrow evening hopefully.

I am in the hospital for an unscheduled surgery in the morning. I had a muscle relaxant pump replaced 2 months ago and the incision was in a bad location. The pump has moved within my abdomen and is pushing on the incision causing it to reopen. They have to fix the incision and maybe relocate the pump. I hope to be out tomorrow afternoon, but I don't know for sure. I'll post pick em stuff tomorrow evening hopefully.

Prayers for you Mike, and I can help you out if you want, or DP did before (I am not volunteering him). I am sure we would all pick up the slack for you. Of course it wouldn't be as good

Prayers for a successful surgery and full and quick recovery. Don't sweat the small stuff as the pickem can wait. Concentrate on you.

Reactions: mike salem
Get well soon buddy and like other's have said, don't worry about the Pick em! That's just for fun, your health is what's important!!

Last edited:
In my thoughts this morning Mike, take good care of yourself. Those Friday night lights await you my friend .

Mike you take care of Mike. No apologies needed for the time and sacrifice you invest to help entertain our desires to compete as prognosticators. Furthermore, your body needs you more than we do. We can find something else to chew on until the standings come back. It isn’t the BCS or anything! Lol

Feel better

Mike had a little setback after his surgery, so be patient with him. Something about a redheaded, blue eyed nurse, and the wee hours of the morning, but that's not important for now!

Seriously though, it's been a little rougher than he anticipated, so keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming. He may choose to simply skip the pickem this week, which I hope he will. His health is a heck of a lot more important than the pickem.

Continued prayers for Mike. This is certainly not even close to as important. Football in general isnt nearly as important.

I say everyone who wished Mike well gets a perfect score this week, and those who didn't get a 0.

Take all the time you need Mike

Mike had a little setback after his surgery, so be patient with him. Something about a redheaded, blue eyed nurse, and the wee hours of the morning, but that's not important for now!

Seriously though, it's been a little rougher than he anticipated, so keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming. He may choose to simply skip the pickem this week, which I hope he will. His health is a heck of a lot more important than the pickem.
Thank you my friend for updating everyone.

Continued prayers for Mike. This is certainly not even close to as important. Football in general isnt nearly as important.

I say everyone who wished Mike well gets a perfect score this week, and those who didn't get a 0.

Take all the time you need Mike
Lol on your pick em score idea.

"Mike if you need help with the pick em. I’m in"
SFUWO:

I Appreciate that. I'll let you pick the best 8 Region C and D games or there may be more. Dealer's choice my friend. Pick 12 if you find that many Region C and D games. If you need to go outside of C4 go with C3. Please put your top 2 at the top (I'm just going to go ahead and say Brookville and Glass should be one of them so you pick the other. )

I should be able to include you and DinwiddieProud in a direct message on this board. You'll see a red notification on the middle box instead of the right side. He has already emailed me a list of East suggestions.

I will copy and paste that to the direct message for you 2 to combine the two lists.

Then just copy and paste the combined lists to a post named Pick em Week 6. At the top put that it's just for fun and won't count for the total standings. Put the 2 best East games at the bottom of the East. 2 best West games at the top of the West part so that the 4 best game of the weeks are in a row. My brain knows that pattern I use and I will tabulate the results Saturday or Sunday along with last week's results and standings and hopefully next week's Pick em games too If I'm back to normal.

Oh & start a separate comment post for the Pick em so people can discuss.

Again thank you for your help. Thank you everyone for your support as well while I'm rebooting.

I Appreciate that. I'll let you pick the best 8 Region games games or there may be more. Dealer's choice my friend. Pick 12 if you find that many Region C and D games. Please put your top 2 at the top (I'm just going to go ahead and say Brookville and Glass should be one of them so you pick the other. )

I should be able to include you and DinwiddieProud in a direct message on this board. You'll see a red notification on the middle box instead of the right side. He has already emailed me a list of East suggestions.

I will copy and paste that to the direct message for you 2 to combine the two lists.

Then just copy and paste the combined lists to a post named Pick em Week 6. At the top put that it's just for fun and won't count for the total standings. Put the 2 best East games at the bottom of the East. 2 best West games at the top of the West part so that the 4 best game of the weeks are in a row. My brain knows that pattern I use and I will tabulate the results Saturday or Sunday along with last week's results and standings and hopefully next week's Pick em games too If I'm back to normal.

Again thank you for your help. Thank you everyone for your support as well while I'm rebooting.
I will get it done tomorrow.

I Appreciate that. I'll let you pick the best 8 Region games games or there may be more. Dealer's choice my friend. Pick 12 if you find that many Region C and D games. Please put your top 2 at the top (I'm just going to go ahead and say Brookville and Glass should be one of them so you pick the other. )

I don't know if you are speaking to me or someone else. I offered to help beginning of week, but hadn't seen anything. Doesnt matter to me, just wanted clarification

I don't know if you are speaking to me or someone else. I offered to help beginning of week, but hadn't seen anything. Doesnt matter to me, just wanted clarification
Sorry I edited my post to show i meant SFUWO. Thank you for your offer though. I didn't even know which day it was after surgery or when i had to go back to the ER. I didn't comprehend your post then sorry.

Sorry I edited my post to show i meant SFUWO. Thank you for your offer though. I didn't even know which day it was after surgery or when i had to go back to the ER. I didn't comprehend your post then sorry.

No worries, just didn't know and didnt want to not do it and needed to.

Get well soon my friend

Hope you get well soon mike. Prayers for ya buddy.

:eek:

(The redhead came back in the room, he lost his train of thought).

That should only be fair. But @DinwiddieProud only gets half :)

:mad::mad::mad: Grrrrrrrr!

:eek:

(The redhead came back in the room, he lost his train of thought).

:mad::mad::mad: Grrrrrrrr!

Cheer up buttercup, it is just so you dont pass me in the standings :).

I say we try and have 1 week where people arent bickering back and forth (not you and I). I guess that week will be during basketball season lol

Cheer up buttercup, it is just so you dont pass me in the standings :).

I say we try and have 1 week where people arent bickering back and forth (not you and I). I guess that week will be during basketball season lol
My basketball is bigger than your basketball!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT