ADVERTISEMENT

DEVILSLB99

I'm sure Lake Taylor will get the vistors side of the stadium due to fan base numbers. My question is, Do you guys think you will bring alot of fans this year? Reason I'm asking is there is a group of MV Warriors that I know of are coming up to watch the 3A title game and definitely want to stay and watch the 4A game as well. I for one want to see Wayne Davis in his last VHSL high school game before he puts that Buckeye Jersey on!
Fans can sit wherever they want. Sit with your group, wherever they are. There will be ton's of room at Liberty. It will be hard to find a bad seat.

I'm sure Lake Taylor will get the vistors side of the stadium due to fan base numbers. My question is, Do you guys think you will bring alot of fans this year? Reason I'm asking is there is a group of MV Warriors that I know of are coming up to watch the 3A title game and definitely want to stay and watch the 4A game as well. I for one want to see Wayne Davis in his last VHSL high school game before he puts that Buckeye Jersey on!
Actually LT side is the home side this year. We will be sitting on that side as the rules have been clarified because people complained last year. Higher seeded team or team with higher power rating if both teams are same seed will get the home side regardless. So come on over to the home side and sit with our 500 fans!!! We have sold out a couple of fan buses and so it should be a decent crowd. Maybe we can get it looking similar to what we had at Charlottesville when we played Stone Bridge.
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Actually LT side is the home side this year. We will be sitting on that side as the rules have been clarified because people complained last year. Higher seeded team or team with higher power rating if both teams are same seed will get the home side regardless. So come on over to the home side and sit with our 500 fans!!! We have sold out a couple of fan buses and so it should be a decent crowd. Maybe we can get it looking similar to what we had at Charlottesville when we played Stone Bridge.
maxresdefault.jpg
Devils if your fan base would show up like that it would make for an amazing atmosphere! Why was there such a big turnout in Charlottesville and not in Lynchburg? It does not seem to be that much further of a trip for you guys... Maybe 1 hour more?

Devils if your fan base would show up like that it would make for an amazing atmosphere! Why was there such a big turnout in Charlottesville and not in Lynchburg? It does not seem to be that much further of a trip for you guys... Maybe 1 hour more?
Your guess is as good as mine about the fans. Maybe because that was the first state championship appearance since 1982 that everyone wanted to be there? I think fan bases a lot of times take for granted what their teams are accomplishing. The expectations are generally too high or too low.

Your guess is as good as mine about the fans. Maybe because that was the first state championship appearance since 1982 that everyone wanted to be there? I think fan bases a lot of times take for granted what their teams are accomplishing. The expectations are generally too high or too low.
Think you are 100 percent correct.

About the same travel time from the Hampton Roads are to Lynchburg or Charlottesville. Just not straight up I 64.

I completely agree Devils. Sometimes when your program starts winning so much the fans just assume it's always going to be that way and some of the excitement wears off. I've seen that happen over the years at Salem as well. It takes a special matchup and great weather to get the Spartan fanbase to show up like they used to 15-20 years ago. Don't get me wrong, we still have tremendous fan support, but there are many more fair weather fans now.

I completely agree Devils. Sometimes when your program starts winning so much the fans just assume it's always going to be that way and some of the excitement wears off. I've seen that happen over the years at Salem as well. It takes a special matchup and great weather to get the Spartan fanbase to show up like they used to 15-20 years ago. Don't get me wrong, we still have tremendous fan support, but there are many more fair weather fans now.

image.axd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT