ADVERTISEMENT

Did I read that 4a state is inlynchburg

William & Mary is a home game for region A, just as U of R is a home game for Region B, just as a state game in NoVa would be a home game for Region C. No way possible for the state game not to be a "home game" for one of the regions.
But the thing is , there is never a state game in NOVA. I would be good with moving it around occasionally.

Reactions: mbonape1
Where? And it has to be thought of for more than just 4a. I understand the frustration, just saying I dont think the intention is for a certain team to have a "home game"

LT's coach complaining about this was always worth a good rolling of the eyes. Then it gets moved way closer for two years and they can't get there. Woof.

Listen, you want to sell me on the CFB playoff committee picking teams based on eyes on the TV and gate then I'll listen but this is freaking high school football. Sometimes the game might be close to you, sometimes it might not, be happy to get there not worry about where it is.

Reactions: OCBoy
Happened all the time back in the day.

Not for 4a did it? I know 1a 2a or A was. Not saying it wasnt, just dont remember the bigger schools bring there.

There will always be some area who has a complaint where it is. I think the intent is to have it with least travel as possible within the class. I didn't understand the William and Mary placement because that seems located to extent for 1 region, where Lynchburg seems more centrally located to me for 3a and 4a

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
For football, 3a and 4a should be played at Liberty, 1a and 2a should be played at Salem and 5a and 6a should be played in Charlottesville. All of the state basketball championships should be played at Vines Center. I like the state baseball championships in Radford, Salem and Lynchburg for 1a-4a, and the 5a and 6a in Richmond and NoVA.
NO facilities in the state is nicer than Liberty’s!

Not for 4a did it? I know 1a 2a or A was. Not saying it wasnt, just dont remember the bigger schools bring there.

There will always be some area who has a complaint where it is. I think the intent is to have it with least travel as possible within the class. I didn't understand the William and Mary placement because that seems located to extent for 1 region, where Lynchburg seems more centrally located to me for 3a and 4a

Salem won 2 state titles there in 1999 and 2000.

That's funny because I was probably there. Just how the mind works sometimes I guess lol

I was definitely there! I'm not approaching the median age on this board but 20 years is 20 years. I just remember '98 we won at someone's high school with small stands (an older Salem fan probably knows where) and that wasn't an issue the following years.

I was definitely there! I'm not approaching the median age on this board but 20 years is 20 years. I just remember '98 we won at someone's high school with small stands (an older Salem fan probably knows where) and that wasn't an issue the following years.

Not a Salem fan, but website gives lots of info.

Jefferson Forest, Heritage, Martinsville, and Lafayette

And I'm not at the assumed median age

Not a Salem fan, but website gives lots of info.

Jefferson Forest, Heritage, Martinsville, and Lafayette

And I'm not at the assumed median age

Nah, I didn't mean who we played, but where. A quick google tells me it was at Turner Ashby's stadium.

As someone who comes from Region C, it would be nice to have a final that’s closer to us, at least every once in awhile. I’d probably go if it was closer to a final even if a Region C team doesn’t make it. I agree with ham spear in JMU.

Reactions: OCBoy
As someone who comes from Region C, it would be nice to have a final that’s closer to us, at least every once in awhile. I’d probably go if it was closer to a final even if a Region C team doesn’t make it. I agree with ham spear in JMU.
It would be a good location. I think I heard they don't want to host it anymore. (Maybe that was UVA)

Don’t believe there is that intention also. Would love to see JMU give 4A the field once.
I would not mind that at all. Salem played Park View twice there in 99 and 2000 when the current Stonebridge coach was at Park View. I don't think it will ever be completely fair to anybody in one year though.

I would not mind that at all. Salem played Park View twice there in 99 and 2000 when the current Stonebridge coach was at Park View. I don't think it will ever be completely fair to anybody in one year though.
Yeah I gotcha, I don’t think it would ever be fair to everyone in one year. But I’ve only gone to states twice in my life, both times were at the complete opposite end of the state. I would love to just be able to go every once in a while without having to travel so far! I’d prefer JMU, but other schools like UVA (if possible) wouldn’t be too bad either since it’s a very central location.

Reactions: hamspear
Not to make an argument, just being as reasonable as possible, but who would benefit from playing a state 3a and 4a way at JMU? Last year was enough of illogical thinking of the VHSL, they finally get it right. I currently reside in Richmond, 35 minutes from W&M and 100 miles down Route 33 from JMU (most teams aren’t going to go this way due to the narrow mountain roads). Lynchburg is the easiest drive for all 4a and 3a schools just due to its proximity to Route 29 and 460. I personally love visiting JMU and the Valley area and I think they have nice facilities to host a local semi-final but the state championship belongs to Liberty. As much as I love VCU and the Siegel Center, I believe Liberty should be the host of the basketball finals. Lynchburg is the most central location in the state.

Reactions: obguthr
Their situation just ain't as fortunate as Salem's.
Over run with Latin immigrants that do not play football. I lived there in 1986-1993 and all my former neighbors have moved out to the Cascade and Ashburn areas or even beyond to Round Hill. No one looks much at Sterling anymore.

Not to make an argument, just being as reasonable as possible, but who would benefit from playing a state 3a and 4a way at JMU? Last year was enough of illogical thinking of the VHSL, they finally get it right. I currently reside in Richmond, 35 minutes from W&M and 100 miles down Route 33 from JMU (most teams aren’t going to go this way due to the narrow mountain roads). Lynchburg is the easiest drive for all 4a and 3a schools just due to its proximity to Route 29 and 460. I personally love visiting JMU and the Valley area and I think they have nice facilities to host a local semi-final but the state championship belongs to Liberty. As much as I love VCU and the Siegel Center, I believe Liberty should be the host of the basketball finals. Lynchburg is the most central location in the state.
I totally disagree with you! I traveled for 15 years all over Virginia for the Dept of ABC and the drive to JMU on 64/81 is far, far easier than 460 and 64/15 to Lynchburg. I have done all these routes a dozen times. Believe me.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT