ADVERTISEMENT

Did the high school football season just end?

PhantomFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 28, 2001
Washington, DC
Um,can I be put into suspended animation until the first kickoff of next season? Also, when will the D4 North Champ beready for primetime?

97-30, avg score 49-15. Not looking too good.

first off phantom I do agree with your statement but one thing needs to be said. Teams in the north that have recently entered 4A competition are much bigger schools then the 4A South Schools. Listen I am not saying that is an excuse I am just wondering when you have 500 to a 1000 more students than another school sometimes it can make a difference.

Yeah you would think that the 4a south schools are larger, but they are not larger Lake Taylor and Salem are practically the same size. The difference to me is that many of the 4a south teams play better teams through out the year and whoever comes out of the south soon to be 4a east has been battle tested. It was obvious after today that Salem did not play a team like Lake Taylor all year, compared to Lake Taylor who play Monacan, Dinwiddie, Kings Fork, and LC Byrd.

You are correct snook. Salem has 7 more students than LT. The two schools with the highest enrollment Nansemond River and William Fleming have 200 more students than the finalist. The average enrollment for playoff teams north vs. South is almost identical. The talent disparirty has been beat to death, so I will not go there. I will say playing 4a playoff caliber teams help, but "district" scheduling and travel deters conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT