ADVERTISEMENT

DINWIDDIE 49 Petersburg 0

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Dinwiddie defeated Petersburg, but in all honesty appeared rusty on defense.

#45 Jordan Hudson our second leading tackler suffered a lower leg injury on a punt return and early reports indicate a fractured tibia. The General defense is beginning to look like a MASH Unit. Prayers go out to Jordan he was having a great season.

Offensively, Witt passed the ball at will against a decent Petersburg defensive backfield. Threw a 55 yard perfect strike for an apparent touchdown and the receiver dropped it. Unreal! 4 of his incompletions were dropped. The kid is on fire.

With James Monroe, Hanover and Carolines win Dinwiddie may maintain the top seed for one more week.

Meadowbrook is next.

Dinwiddie defeated Petersburg, but in all honesty appeared rusty on defense.

#45 Jordan Hudson our second leading tackler suffered a lower leg injury on a punt return and early reports indicate a fractured tibia. The General defense is beginning to look like a MASH Unit. Prayers go out to Jordan he was having a great season.

Offensively, Witt passed the ball at will against a decent Petersburg defensive backfield. Threw a 55 yard perfect strike for an apparent touchdown and the receiver dropped it. Unreal! 4 of his incompletions were dropped. The kid is on fire.

With James Monroe, Hanover and Carolines win Dinwiddie may maintain the top seed for one more week.

Meadowbrook is next.
Prayers for Hudson. Hate seeing any kid get hurt. My daughter recently tore her ACL in AAU basketball and its devastating.

Reactions: Gen54
Hmmm rusty on D and pitch a shutout. That's scary
Great response CatsandDogs. I know my statement sounded odd, but the Generals defense lacked a bit of discipline last night.
Some of the issues are related to injury and younger players making mistakes.

We need to get healthy quick. The loss of Hudson and Tyree is a tough pill to swallow, but I am sure Coach Mills will figure it out.

Thanks for the prayers, I know the Lord has a plan for Jordan. Yes it was a broken tibia and fibula recover time 3 months. He is a little bummed knowing he is done being his senior year but said he will be there on the sideline helping his replacements understand the defense and opposing offenses. He plans on recovering and making it on a team where ever he attends college. It was amazing watching him under Coach Mills for the past 5 years starting back at middle school. A little 90 pound kid growing into a 195 pound young man with a 4.3 GPA its all about the program everyone. Mills and other coaches were at the hospital with him last night after the game. Blessed to be a General!!

We are so proud of Jordan. His improvement as a players has been unreal. The important part is he is a great role model for his teamates and the youth of Dinwiddie. You are in my prayers #45.

Dp, navy, and pride......what did you guys think of Petersburg's quarterback. He was really elusive and had plenty of shake. Think the kid can be good. Any idea what year he is?

Dp, navy, and pride......what did you guys think of Petersburg's quarterback. He was really elusive and had plenty of shake. Think the kid can be good. Any idea what year he is?

Not sure what year he is in. Maxpreps shows all Petersburg QB's as seniors. Add this to his attributes, he is pretty tough also. He took some darn hard hits and never quit.

There is talent in Petersburg. Coach Scott is doing a pretty job with what he inherited. He is strapped with a highly disfunctional school system, and an even worse city government. He is one of the very few that is doing anything positive in that city.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
S. Davis, II is a senior. Wahoogen, Davis is very elusive and has a strong arm. He was a bit off target on some of his throw, but showed the ability to throw on the run. His receivers did not help him much. I think he rushed for 100 yards.

Coach Scott has done a very good job. I thought the Petersburg O line played very well in the first half. The Wave were much more disciplined and had some depth. Their mlb is exceptional. I especially liked how they fought hard all game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT