ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie 63 Prince George 6

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
After Prince George took the opening kickoff to the house the Generals woke up and played well on both sides of the ball. The starters got some rest and the backups scored 21 points all on the ground. K'Vaughan Pope sat out another game and should be back next week. Our big lineman #50 played his first game and was a beast on the d-line. Will need him next week.

One side note, Dinwiddie held the Metro Richmond rushing leader L. Allen to 47 yards tonight. He was averagingbove 200 yards per game.

Thomas Dale is up next and its a must win if we desire to contend for the top seed in Region B. Louisa, EV, and Monacan are all unbeaten, so its going to be tight.

Last edited:
I try to avoid negativity, but this just needs to be said.

Prince George needs some changes.

They have a decent feeder system for football players from rec league through JV, and they get out tremendous numbers for football participation. And yet, they are terribly non-competitive.

They should be 7-3 to 9-1 with their schedule. Thomas Dale and Dinwiddie should be their only two really tough games with their current schedule.

They were noticeably bigger that Dinwiddie last night. Their team speed surprised me. Talent enough to be very competitive.

So what's the problem?

I believe it is politics. I honestly believe that the best players are not played, or not played in their most useful positions, solely because of the school administration's pattern of placating the influential community power brokers. This starts at the school board level, and continues down to and includes the coaching staff.

The community must be satisfied with these under performing football teams, because it has been like this for years and years.

Sadly, their kids are the real losers. So much potential, and such lousy results.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT