ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie 70 Denbigh 7

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Dinwiddie starts the season off with a lopsided win over an improved Denbigh squad who fought hard the entire game.

Before people start squawking Coach Mills did not try and run the score up. Think we threw 1 or 2 passes in the second half and the 2nd and jv units played most of the 3rd and fourth quarter.

T. Dalton made his first start and rushed for 164 yards and 244 total and 4 tds. C. Luchess had 66 yards rushing 2 tds and one pick six. Pope ran for 74 and passed for 100. R. Barlow had an interception and a punt return for a td.

Dinwiddie's new kicker, Justin Davis was 10/10 on pats a new school record. The Generals scored on defense, offense and special teams.

The defense is still a work in progress, but gave up less than 100 yards of offense on the night and had 5 turnovers. Denbigh scored on a 30 yard pass on a blown coverage, but also had a long td pass called back for holding. The patriots did very little on the ground.

Plenty of things to address this week in practice before we head back to the 757 to take on Smithfield. No new injuries and a sound effort overall.

Dinwiddie had 365 yards at halftime. Include a big and strong RB like Dalton into the mix, and it sounds like another 10-0 team to me.

Dinwiddie starts the season off with a lopsided win over an improved Denbigh squad who fought hard the entire game.

Before people start squawking Coach Mills did not try and run the score up. Think we threw 1 or 2 passes in the second half and the 2nd and jv units played most of the 3rd and fourth quarter.

T. Dalton made his first start and rushed for 164 yards and 244 total and 4 tds. C. Luchess had 66 yards rushing 2 tds and one pick six. Pope ran for 74 and passed for 100. R. Barlow had an interception and a punt return for a td.

Dinwiddie's new kicker, Justin Davis was 10/10 on pats a new school record. The Generals scored on defense, offense and special teams.

The defense is still a work in progress, but gave up less than 100 yards of offense on the night and had 5 turnovers. Denbigh scored on a 30 yard pass on a blown coverage, but also had a long td pass called back for holding. The patriots did very little on the ground.

Plenty of things to address this week in practice before we head back to the 757 to take on Smithfield. No new injuries and a sound effort overall.
Just curious (not trying to put them down)....how is Denbigh improved? 70-0 last year....70-7 this year.

Seriously, there numbers are better, they competed the entire game (unlike last year) and they have some experienced players back. Their outside receiver is tall, fast and can catch. I didn't say they were good. I said "they were improved". I applaud the coaching staff for sticking with the kids and working hard in the offseason. There is a nice article in the local paper about their progress as a program.

Seriously, there numbers are better, they competed the entire game (unlike last year) and they have some experienced players back. Their outside receiver is tall, fast and can catch. I didn't say they were good. I said "they were improved". I applaud the coaching staff for sticking with the kids and working hard in the offseason. There is a nice article in the local paper about their progress as a program.
I agree. They didn't just lay down, (I thought they did last year). They were over matched, but gave it all they had.

Another pat on the back is that they played with great sportsmanship. I don't think there was a single personal foul.

They had their chances to keep the score a little more respectable, but penalties killed them. Mostly holding calls.

Don't let anybody tell you that the Denbigh players are not some tough kids. Listen to who they face for their first three games. Dinwiddie, Hampton, and Phoebus! Talk about a "murderers row!"

I agree. They didn't just lay down, (I thought they did last year). They were over matched, but gave it all they had.

Another pat on the back is that they played with great sportsmanship. I don't think there was a single personal foul.

They had their chances to keep the score a little more respectable, but penalties killed them. Mostly holding calls.

Don't let anybody tell you that the Denbigh players are not some tough kids. Listen to who they face for their first three games. Dinwiddie, Hampton, and Phoebus! Talk about a "murderers row!"
Yes....that's a tough row-to-hoe. With that tough of a district to play in, I'm surprised they play Dinwiddie OOD.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
This is the last game with them. It was a two year home/away deal.
Maybe we can pick them up to replace Bruton (their close by). I’m not convinced Bruton will have enough participation in future years to rely on them in your schedule. After Bruton plays physical and very deep Poquson I predict they will not play another game, though they are only playing 5 this year.

Maybe we can pick them up to replace Bruton (their close by). I’m not convinced Bruton will have enough participation in future years to rely on them in your schedule. After Bruton plays physical and very deep Poquson I predict they will not play another game, though they are only playing 5 this year.
Can you verify from a reliable source that they are only playing five games? I keep hearing it, but I have not seen it from a media source or press release.

Can you verify from a reliable source that they are only playing five games? I keep hearing it, but I have not seen it from a media source or press release.
The writer at the Daily Press verified it all in his on line article today. Playing only 5 games, not playing the 5 Div 4 teams in the District that includes Lafayette. Lafayette can take the forfeit but HC Linn wants to play a game. It was suppose to be 9’/28. Know if any team with ban open date then? Bruton is trying to keep their varsity alive by playing 5 games but it messes everyone else up. Will only have 15-20 players. What about next year? Time to schedule someone else as this is getting too unpredictable for us imo.

The point you make is absolutely the truth. Who would schedule them for next year if they have a choice?
Maybe teams that are in a similar situation?

Someone earlier mention what about a district member's requirement to play all other district members? Under these circumstances, I can see there being a waiver from the VHSL. But, it has to include the district as a whole. It has to grant permission to the other district members to schedule other non-district opponents.

Question, doesn't a forfeit go in the books as a 2-0 win?
When calculating season stats for average rushing yards, total points scored, etc., do you divide by 9, or 10. I know that these are not official VHSL stats, but just curious. I'm assuming you just ignor the forfeit for this kind of stuff?

The point you make is absolutely the truth. Who would schedule them for next year if they have a choice?
Maybe teams that are in a similar situation?

Someone earlier mention what about a district member's requirement to play all other district members? Under these circumstances, I can see there being a waiver from the VHSL. But, it has to include the district as a whole. It has to grant permission to the other district members to schedule other non-district opponents.

Question, doesn't a forfeit go in the books as a 2-0 win?
When calculating season stats for average rushing yards, total points scored, etc., do you divide by 9, or 10. I know that these are not official VHSL stats, but just curious. I'm assuming you just ignor the forfeit for this kind of stuff?
The DP article mentioned three alternatives/- forfeit taken, formally only play 9 games, or reschedule another team. If you take the forfeit you get the win but with no stats so I would assume all yards, points are divided by 19. Any of those. Park view or Manassas Park opponents playing them in 9/28?
Just saw on max preps Woodgrove was to play at PV on 9/28, maybe Lafayette should try to play them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT