ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie defeats Caroline 62-26

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
It's nice to get back on the W side of things. Didn't start out very well as Caroline hit a nice go route for the first score of the game. Dinwiddie answered quickly and with exception of a muffed handoff that went for a Caroline score this game went as planned.

Key note Dinwiddie played without 5-6 offensive starters including first and second team quarterbacks. Third string Qb rushed for 160+ yards and three scores. We only passed twice the entire game. Coach Mills showed a lot of class and played backups and JV players the majority of the second half.

Caroline has some talent a fought hard all game. Our defense played a bit better. Was really impressed with the young linebacker play in the second half. #45 and #47 do not have the speed of the starters, but their technique was better. They filled holes nicely and did not ove persue. The o line played very well which led to a school team rushing record. If our defense can catch up to our offense (I sound like Hoos)we may be okay. Bye next week. Hopefully, we will heal up.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't be there with you. Thanks for the updates. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the turn.

I guess everyone saw what Jefferson Forest did to a very good Magna Vista team last night. You may recall that I have been stating all pre-season and through these first few games that they are the west team to watch. It appears their much maligned defense is catching up to their powerful offense. Sherando v JF for the West title.

Thanks. Sorry I couldn't be there with you. Thanks for the updates. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the turn.

I guess everyone saw what Jefferson Forest did to a very good Magna Vista team last night. You may recall that I have been stating all pre-season and through these first few games that they are the west team to watch. It appears their much maligned defense is catching up to their powerful offense. Sherando v JF for the West title.
Holy "Spartans" Batman! I would agree JF is playing well and has some serious offensive weapons, but I am not ready to punch their ticket yet. Same for Sherando who seems to have a very good defense. GW Danville has a loss, but they appear to be sound and Salem is young and lurking. You may be totally right; however, its just week two. I think playoff seedings will play a major role in the West. Remember the top seeds get a first round bye.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT