ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie/Hopewell final

Great Job Generals! That was a statement win. How good is Hopewell and are they a serious threat in 3A?

Great Job Generals! That was a statement win. How good is Hopewell and are they a serious threat in 3A?
They are very fast and talented. Just like Hanover we wore them down. Dinwiddie's speed limited the Qb's mobility. #11 Monroe for Hopewell is very good. Problem for Hopewell is depth. They will do well in 3a but I don't think they match up physically with Phoebus. Should be able to give JM a game. Defenses are equal. Might be fun to watch. The 3a winner may come from the east this year.

Thanks for the info. I know that on other boards Phoebus/Dinwiddie like to go after each other, but at the end of the day we have nothing but respect for what Coach Mills has done with that program. Great job!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Thanks for the info. I know that on other boards Phoebus/Dinwiddie like to go after each other, but at the end of the day we have nothing but respect for what Coach Mills has done with that program. Great job!
Gosh darn it, I hate you guys, but its a respectful hate. Lol. Yeah losing to you guys in the states and playoffs made our program better. Should have beaten you at Dinwiddie, but good teams never quit. Would still like to get one win against you. Lol. LT is our new Phoebus. Much respect for your team as well. The 3a West doesn't know what they have coming to town. Unfortunately only you, JM or Hopewell will be invited to the dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinion, Hopewell is a little over rated. Little under sized, no depth and the offensive line needs help. The last 2 games Hopewell has played by the start of 3rd quarter they are worn down. The 2 wins they have came against a so so Tabb team and a Powhatan team that's heading in the wrong direction. Hopewell's QB C. Hill is good and can make plays but needs help, cant do it by himself. Hopewell will make the playoffs but it maybe an early exit for them.

Great job Rod! Dinwiddie looks impressive.

Hey PHS, I just wish we had one more chance at you guys! Maybe we can pick you up as one of our out of district games in a couple of years. Wouldn't that be sweet?

And I agree, Rod did a great job. Good questions to Coach Mills in the audio interview.

Yeah that would be great to have a home n home with you guys to kick off the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT