ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie JV numbers

May 11, 2016
SALEM, VA
Why did the Dinwiddie JV show up with like 17 kids? Salem had 20+ on the sideline. With a great program like Dinwiddie I didn’t expect to see that. 2A Glenvar has better JV numbers. We appreciate the kids making the trip though.

Dinwiddie doesn't emphasize JV like some teams do. Their JV/V roster has 61 players and only 16 or 17 were there tonight. So I assume they'll have about 45 for tomorrow.

Dinwiddie doesn't emphasize JV like some teams do. Their JV/V roster has 61 players and only 16 or 17 were there tonight. So I assume they'll have about 45 for tomorrow.
I don’t know. We have a freshman and 3 Sophs starting on Fridays that don’t suite up for JV. Just interesting that we have so many more freshmen and sophomore non varsity players.

To add one more- Shawn Collins WR/S doesn't start for Varsity, but he plays a lot and is solely on Varsity as well. (Soph #80)

Dinwiddie has 29 Freshmen, Sophomores, and even one 8th grader. So apparently 14 underclassmen are on the Varsity this week anyway.

Class sizes vary anyway, there's nothing to take away from this.
They have a pretty even group. Of the 30 underclassmen about half are pulled up for Varsity and half not. I think they have 31 upperclassmen so it's pretty even. They just choose to focus on Varsity. Difference in philosophy I guess. Personally I'd rather get some of those guys JV experience rather than sitting the bench on Varsity. Just my opinion. Coach Mills obviously knows what he is doing.

Reactions: 1MoreHokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT