• Salem

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Potter

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 17, 2015
Lovettsville,VA
Quite a few games will be GREAT match-ups throughout the Commonwealth Friday night.

Good Luck to everybody.

Dinwiddie vs Salem Poll above with no Pick em points involved!

Last edited:
I got a feeling that Dinwiddie wins too. I don't think Salem has enough bugs worked out, and Dinwiddie is gonna be super jacked up for revenge. I'm wrong a lot though, can't wait till Friday. It's gonna be a blast either way.

I believe those in attendance may be highly disappointed in this game. There is no way it can live up to the hype its getting.

If you are expecting to see a repeat of the state championship its not going to happen. Before some jump out their seat I am not talking about a different winner. I am talking about the offensive perfection displayed by both senior qb's. Salem played penalty free and Beckley put the Spartans on his back. I could only shake my head and say well done.

Don't be suprised if either quarterback throws the ball more than ten times each. I have been saying all summer how this will be a match up of the running backs vs. the front 7.

Special teams play may be a big factor, but more on that later. I am not going to do my normal preview. Instead, I will outline the key matchups in the game. Part 1 coming shortly.

No brained here. Generals will let the popes and zyan take them as far as possible. Salem will rely on the running game of Owen Ramsey and hale and let wr all stater tucker do his magic. Home field advantage is huge. Nail biter again. Either way look for both to meet again in week 14

Does former Salem coach Steve Oliver have gray hair (i may have caused a few)? Absolutely, it would discredit what these two teams stand for and the courage the two athletic directors have shown to put together this series.

Dinwiddie has offered a bus trip for fans, so hopefully we will have a fairly decent crowd.

Not Coach "O". I thought the world of him. He only expected a sound effort 100% of the time. He was a players coach and would quickly defend you if you earned it.

Even though I was sometimes hardheaded, the life lessons he taught me can never be repaid.

Never could understand why he wasnt offered the head coaching job at PH when Coach White left. Heck, I know White took some of his staff with him. Oliver and Sharnus for sure. Mike Andrews stayed and I am not sure about Casey. What a staff! Proved it for years at Salem.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Navy, someone shared another picture of you the other night from bygone days....possibly one Coach O had in his archives! Yes, it was an old one...in black and white....and you were a skinny little thing! LOL!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Navy, someone shared another picture of you the other night from bygone days....possibly one Coach O had in his archives! Yes, it was an old one...in black and white....and you were a skinny little thing! LOL!
I'm sure it must have been taken by Mathew Brady!!! And it must have been late in Navy's football career. Because, when he started playing, photography was in its infancy and oil portraits were the norm.

Yep thats me. Lol , that was the spring of 1983. I weighed in at a lean and mean 126 after not eating for 3 months and cutting 10 lbs.

The guy beside me is Steve Hale, former VA Tech long snapper. That wrestling team shocked the world by beating Franklin County for the Roanoke Valley District Championship. I can't remember, but I believe we finished 2nd in the region. 10 of 13 wrestlers on the team qualified for AAA States that year. Two great coaches too. Sisler and Oliver.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT