Dinwiddie schedule

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Dinwiddie
Subscribe

Change View:

Football Varsity Schedule (as of 04-08-15)

Type Time Opponent Location Comments

Friday, Aug 28, 2015
Game 7:00PM James Monroe Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
Friday, Sep 4, 2015
Game 7:00PM Hanover Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
Friday, Sep 11, 2015
Game 7:00PM Away vs. Caroline Caroline HS
Friday, Sep 25, 2015
Game 7:00PM Hopewell Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
Friday, Oct 2, 2015
Game 7:00PM Matoaca Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
Friday, Oct 9, 2015
Game 7:00PM Away vs. Thomas Dale Thomas Dale High School
Friday, Oct 16, 2015
Game 7:00PM Prince George Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
HOMECOMING
Friday, Oct 23, 2015
Game 7:00PM Away vs. Colonial Heights Colonial Heights High School
Friday, Oct 30, 2015
Game 7:30PM Away vs. Petersburg Petersburg High School
Friday, Nov 6, 2015
Game 7:00PM Meadowbrook Dinwiddie High School - Field - Football
SENIOR NIGHT REC LEAGUE NIGHT

Reactions: Gen54
Two tough games to start with. Nice switch up from Jamestown to Hanover. I hope this will be a every year event with Hanover. I wish we could have kept Monocan and replaced Caroline with one of the Rva schools.

I would agree 100 percent , two very interesting games to start. James Monroe a 3A beast, and Hanover is a better than solid team also. Dinwiddie comes out of those games 2-0, lookout. and I expect them to do that.

Don't you hate this. I had typed out a comment on this topic. I then pulled up something on Google for a second and when I came back to the forum, poof..., it was gone. I'll try again.

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think the reason that Caroline stayed on the schedule is because of mutual respect and loyality. Personally, I found Caroline to be a gracious host, and polite and respectful during their visit to Dinwiddie. I wish them the very best, and I hope they can begin to show the improvement they are seeking. Maybe not a marquee matchup, but a game of importance nonetheless.

James Monroe will come to play. Enough said.

There was trepidation from both parties about scheduling Hanover/Dinwiddie. Both teams are top notch with exceptional coaching staffs. It's tough to beat either team once during the season. With the likelihood that they may meet the second time come the playoffs is a real concern for both. The coaches are very savy at breaking down the films and identfying the good, the bad, and the ugly. With smart, athletic players that can be coached, you won't play the second game the way you played the first. Should be an interesting matchup with serious ramafications come playoff time.

This post was edited on 4/13 5:53 AM by DinwiddieProud

The Hanover game will determine some seeding for sure. Should generate a good gate.

Yeah, for sure. Hanover travels well. Both teams are expected to be in the hunt in December. Weather permitting, I look for a packed house in Dinwiddie.

Their QB, Clayton Cheatham, gets my attention. If they can build a team around his abilities, they will be a force.

Good schedule. A couple of "should wins" but mostly solid opponents and consistent programs. GL to the Generals in 2015.

Yeah, I agree. Of course, bring your A game every week, or else you know what will happen.

Who do you see as the toughest 8-10 teams in 4A East this year? Especially your sleepers?

Colonial Heights is the only Central District team that really struggles to compete each season. That's not a rap on them, just shear numbers mostly. (Along those lines, year before last when Dinwiddie won, 77-0, those boys had nothing to hang there heads about. They never quit. Just got up and went hard on every play.)

Meadowbrook has a train load of seniors on their team. Thomas Dale has a bunch of good kids and are always tough no matter what. Matoaca will be improved and they have that one kid that is a game changer. Prince George calls it a great season if they only win one game, as long as it's over the Generals. Petersburg and Hopewell are always sneaky fast. Out of district, Caroline has some work to do but should be improved if players don't transfer like last season. But you know it will be a war against James Monroe and Hanover.

A great competitive season ahead this year. Can't wait to get it started.

Reactions: gen4ever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT