ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie to play North Stafford next cycle.

Denbigh/Denwiddie was just not the right match for either team. Neither team, nor their players, benefited much from the matchup.

Hopefully Denbigh can find a game with a team that will help them turn around their football future. They have some talent, and a good attitude, they just need to get a few more of their schools athletes to come out for football. With hard work and good leadership, they can be in the mix.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I know that the Dinwiddie vs Salem game is only a two year deal. Is there any talk of extending it?

That, I'm just not sure of. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it will not be renewed. But , that is just me personally speculating.

I was hoping we could get a two year deal with Appomattox, but I doubt that will ever happen. But, you never know. I think the trend is to not play OOD in your same class level. Most teams know it's hard to beat an equally competitive team twice in one year.

NS is tough, had number one rated running back in the country as a Seinor this year and a monster DL tha t had over 30 Div one offers. They also have an incredibly talented Div one wideout. Are you guys playing them this year or next?

NS is tough, had number one rated running back in the country as a Seinor this year and a monster DL tha t had over 30 Div one offers. They also have an incredibly talented Div one wideout. Are you guys playing them this year or next?
I’d like to see NS play for the 5a title but (and Lord knows I don’t mean to sound like a donkey) the GOOD Fredericksburg area teams just don’t get it done. Ponax, Courtland, JM, Chancellor and Forge.. There’s been some really good teams up there in the past 10 seasons. Believe me.. I’m not insulting, I’m just surprised that with all that talent, the area only has one state champion since 08.

That, I'm just not sure of. If I had to venture a guess, I would say it will not be renewed. But , that is just me personally speculating.

I was hoping we could get a two year deal with Appomattox, but I doubt that will ever happen. But, you never know. I think the trend is to not play OOD in your same class level. Most teams know it's hard to beat an equally competitive team twice in one year.
You know we scrimmage NS as our 1st scrimmage. This year I think it will be @ NS, unless they want to do it again at RMC as we did last year ...

That is a great pick up for Dinwiddie. A historically strong 5a team. They should look at the same type of OOD to replace Salem if they are not going to renew. If Salem and Dinwiddie want to play each other - they can do it in the finals. I think Salem should do the same thing with their OOD. Same thing with my Chiefs. I think the top of class 4 should play a historically good 5a or 6a team if they can. No need for Monacan to play Hanover for an OOD when we will see them in our region anyways if they are good. I’d like to see us get a Hampton or Woodsode on our schedule or a 5a team from Fredericksburg area. Makes geographic and competitive sense. The problem for us is, we have not been a historically good football school. So getting those games set up can be challenging even with our more recent success. We were already locked in for this upcoming season but it will be interesting to see where we go next cycle.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT