ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie v Matoaca

Mataoca passes the eye test but isn’t aggressive and their high powered offense can’t sustain drives. Average team.

Dinwiddie rolling. 60 yard TD by Dalton. 35-14 Mid 3rd. I'll be leaving end of the 3rd.

Reactions: SFUWO
Not to be disrespectful but how can you have the best rushing team in RVA when your biggest lineman may be 225? Dalton is a game changer but that line will be very vulnerable against an aggressive defense like Varina. I would also put Huguenot in the discussion of best rushing team.

Not to be disrespectful but how can you have the best rushing team in RVA when your biggest lineman may be 225? Dalton is a game changer but that line will be very vulnerable against an aggressive defense like Varina. I would also put Huguenot in the discussion of best rushing team.
I thought you went to Varina? Check the stats. Tucker ran all over Matoaca in the second half. Matoaca defensive line outweighed us sure, but so did Maury and Thomas Dale. I am not going to get into a pissing match as I respect your opinion. Who else in RVA has two 1,000 yard rushers. I guess we shall see.

Reactions: gwb16
I thought you went to Varina? Check the stats. Tucker ran all over Matoaca in the second half. Matoaca defensive line outweighed us sure, but so did Maury and Thomas Dale. I am not going to get into a pissing match as I respect your opinion. Who else in RVA has two 1,000 yard rushers. I guess we shall see.
Why does it have to be a pissing match? We’re talking ball. Mataoca was terrible.

@GoBlue2109 they aren’t the prettiest but I’m picking Henley and Byrd and that massive offensive line every time. Not saying they’re better than Dinwiddie but even Huguenot with a healthy Michael Dabney Jr has something to say about that statement Navy made.

No bias involved, I don’t know about that at all @BoKnowsSports I’ve seen all multiple times Springs couldn’t run on Maury at all Dinwiddie was gashing them before the turnovers. Huguenot in games against competition couldn’t move the ball running. Powhatan, Bird, Manchester hell they struggled against Cosby. We’re not world beaters running like we were last year but we’re still a force. It’s that time of year when the temperature drops a the running teams rise to the top which is why I believe whoever gets Courtland better watch out!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
No bias involved, I don’t know about that at all @BoKnowsSports I’ve seen all multiple times Springs couldn’t run on Maury at all Dinwiddie was gashing them before the turnovers. Huguenot in games against competition couldn’t move the ball running. Powhatan, Bird, Manchester hell they struggled against Cosby. We’re not world beaters running like we were last year but we’re still a force. It’s that time of year when the temperature drops a the running teams rise to the top which is why I believe whoever gets Courtland better watch out!
Y’all have the best player (who’ll be a major P5 RB) in the state and that itself makes Dinwiddie apart of the conversation. The game I saw Dinwiddie play Maury, they were pushed around upfront and that constant pressure forced Dalton into costly mistakes. Correct me if I’m wrong but Dinwiddie’s points came from pass plays against Maury.

@BleedingNavy 1k yards is cool but that doesn’t do anything for me when you’ve played MBK, GW, Prince George, & North Stafford. You know I rock with Dinwiddie. I told Mataoca fans that yall would blow them when they made it 21-14. They were soft as baby food. Y’all are the defending state champs. Until somebody beats you, my opinion is nothing else but my opinion. Hope Dinwiddie and Varina get to play each other.

Courtland will get blown out in the first round

I think Hanover and Powhatan might be able to keep it close for a half and maybe scare somebody. Somebody post the matchups, time to pick our regional champions

@BoKnowsSports, you know I rarely if ever toot Dinwiddie's horn, but this team has been growing all season. Maybe you ought to watch the Maury podcast. I believe they acknowledged Dinwiddie as being the best offense they have faced. I will give you a bit of knowledge. Dalton rushing numbers are down for a reason. Our young receivers could not mature if we didn't pass and let them learn to get separation. They have really matured and the running game has picked up. It's a new season and we have earned a home game against a tough EV team. If we win and it's a rematch with King George. Long way to go before we even think about Varina.

HS had over 100yds on the ground vs Maury with 2 TDs. Js

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hell, who knows what a bunch of teenage kids will do, but I like the vibe I get from the team in the last few weeks. This team has found their identity, and the team leaders have learned how to lead.

Our lines are typically smaller by comparison to their opponents. But they are not intimidated in the least. They have learned that speed, fundamentals and technique, and more than anything, conditioning can more than compensate for a size disadvantage. Matoaca last night dwarfed the Generals, but you see how that turned out!

I’m convinced that Dinwiddie might be the toughest out in all of Class B. I’m not predicting that they beat anybody, just that they have hit stride and “might” beat everybody.

HS had over 100yds on the ground vs Maury with 2 TDs. Js
You know how hard it was for me to say that about yall 😂?

I’m not dismissing Dinwiddie, they certainly hold their own and have very good backs (no matter the opponents). If we’re lining both teams up against and have to run the ball on Maury or Freedom, hell even Phoebus. I’m picking HS’s rushing game due to their line size and RBs. As great as Dalton is, Henley isn’t far behind. When Martin went out Saturday and he game in at QB, he called end zone from 80 yards. You really can’t do anything when he has the ball in his hands.

Reactions: HooSprings
I agree. Courtland is not a conditioned team and will tire out with any team with speed
You know how hard it was for me to say that about yall 😂?

I’m not dismissing Dinwiddie, they certainly hold their own and have very good backs (no matter the opponents). If we’re lining both teams up against and have to run the ball on Maury or Freedom, hell even Phoebus. I’m picking HS’s rushing game due to their line size and RBs. As great as Dalton is, Henley isn’t far behind. When Martin went out Saturday and he game in at QB, he called end zone from 80 yards. You really can’t do anything when he has the ball in his hands.
Henley is the fastest player on the field regardless of who’s playing.

I made the statement about Dinwiddie having the best run game in RVA and I will stand by it. Look at my posts about the Springers vs Varina game. I said Byrd, Martin, and Henley running the ball would be key. Varina held a very good RB Byrd in check, Henley broke one long run and Martin did some nice damage with his legs. We all know the Springers are good and yes they have a huge D1 size line.

It really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things and I respect everybody's opinion. All I am saying is Tucker and Dalton have been consistent for two years and they have done it without huge D1 talented o lines! What other running back and quarterback combo has put up the yardage these kids have. As a 30 year veteran HS football reporter for the Times Dispatch said last night they (Dinwiddie) just beat you into submission with a two headed hammer. The Generals had 371 yards last night on the ground and now have 2,300 for the season. The point was made about who our boys have played so I will leave the lower tier teams on our schedule out. Against our five toughest opponents: Glenville, Maury, Hopewell, Thomas Dale and Matoaca the Generals ran for 1,185 yards. That's 237 yards a game against five good defenses. I would say I have made a strong case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT