ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie vs. Hanover

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Very big game this week. See the RTD picked Hanover guess you gotta follow the money and the subscriptions. I'm taking Dinwiddie 42-21 as Hanover won't be able to keep up.

Reactions: gen4ever
I'm taking Dinwiddie bigger 48 -14. Only two teams in the East this year! We are narrowing it down to the best two! Haha yall know I'm jokin

Reactions: gen4ever
Hanover is a very good team that simply played better than we did. They earned the victory. Cheatham is a damn locomotive. He killed us all night. If he gets squared up downfield and gets about two steps, he is getting 10 yards with tacklers hanging on him. Absolutely have to take his legs out to bring him down. Hanovers passing game was considerably better than I expected. Cheatham threw a nice tight spiral with plenty of zip. He had a couple of receivers that could find a seam. Their offensive line is big and did a good job.

Dinwiddie did ok offensively. I did not like our pace of play. Our offense works best with bang, bang, bang plays. Too inconsistant in that area last night. Clock management certainly could have been better. One big problem was avoidable penalties. That killed us multiple times. But that is not an excuse, that is our fault, and under our control.

Hanover ran left side probably 75% of the time. We just never adjusted to that and they took advantage of it all night. We stopped many run attempts for little or no gain, but again, if Cheatam was not hit at the line, he was gone.

We dropped several passes that you have to catch in a game of this magnitude. But, Hanovers defenders made several excellent plays on passes and batted them away.

Hanover is the real deal guys. I hope we get a chance for revenge in the playoffs. You can bet the bank they will be there. We should too, but we need to get better.

DP

Reactions: HAWKSnDUKES
I wonder if the Dinwiddie defense is as good as thought. Gave up 35 to JM last week who struggled to get to 16 at home last night against a good York team.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I wonder if the Dinwiddie defense is as good as thought. Gave up 35 to JM last week who struggled to get to 16 at home last night against a good York team.
My thought exactly. Two teams in a row that had no problem running against the Generals.

Good old DP gave you a good synopsis, but he is being a bit too nice. For those of you who question our defense you are correct. We cannot tackle and to be perfectly honest the Generals did nothing to prevent simple dives and wildcat runs between the left tackle and tight end. I know football fairly well, but I cannot identify the scheme we are using. Hanover's scheme was simple. They ran right over us. Yes, stupid penalties killed us at times, but our front 7-8 just aren't getting it done. Offensively we played well; however, our clock management was just poor. Not usually one to criticize Coach Mills, but the pace played right into Hanover's hand. Another weaknesses last night was our red zone offense. Failed to score three times inside the 15. Looked like they had no idea what they needed to or should call. Can't leave those points off the board. Hanover did a good job and definitely out coached us. Dinwiddie will have to be perfect on offense and score 40 to have a chance in the playoffs.

Sounds like Louisa's defense.
I told you last week not to get down that someone else would be disenchanted this week. Well I'm your huckleberry. Lol. Just told DP that we were probably suffering more than the players. Just didn't see that edge/swagger last night. It was an odd atmosphere and Hanover just lined up a mauled our defense. Good luck next week.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I chatted with Cheatham (hanover qb) on twitter by direct message. He is the ultimate team player. He handed it to Dinwiddie last night and kept giving credit to his teammates. He seems like the kind of player every coach would love to have. Wish him the best the rest of the season. He has my respect on and off the field. Our qb Bryce Witt took a knock in the first quarter and played the remainder of the game with a bum non- throwing arm. Still threw for over 300 yards. Gutty performance. He is taking the loss hard, but he played virtually flawless. No need to blame himself. Like that kinda attitude. Hope he gets well soon.

Reactions: HAWKSnDUKES
I think Dinwiddie will be fine. These two early games are about as tough as you'll see a 4A team open with. I feel like the Central District will be wide open. Dale, Meadowbrook, Dinwiddie and Matoaca all have shown some weakness (and with the exception of the Monarchs, who may have played the two best teams in the state already, some strengths) out of the gate but can probably be clicking in a week or two. Hopewell will be a spoiler in the race.

So Dinwiddie may find themselves in the playoffs with a bit lower seed than they've become accustomed to, but I don't think come week 11 anybody's going to be saying, "Oh boy, we drew Dinwiddie in the first round!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT