ADVERTISEMENT

DinwiddieProud?

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
@DinwiddieProud,

Did we ever figure out who was right, you or I, on playoffs? Not bring s smartass, but you had said you thought from handbook highest remaining seed hosted lowest remaining and I said it was in bracket form. I know official pairings haven't come out yet, but if you were right some of these matchup would change over the 6 divisions

According to the Class 4B Regional Director, with respect to football, the higher seed host the lower seed.
You can buy you tickets, I'm 100% confident.

According to the Class 4B Regional Director, with respect to football, the higher seed host the lower seed.
You can buy you tickets, I'm 100% confident.

Lol yes in that one 1-4 lol I'm really curious not trying to say I was right. I know a bunch of 6 seeds won, so if you were correct, they would play 1 (assuming a 7 didn't win) instead of 4/5 playing 1

As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I've been told correctly, all playoff games, in all classes, across all regions, are determined by highest power point team hosting the lowest power point team, (based upon power points after the final week of the regular season). Which equates to the highest remaining seed hosting the lowest remaining seed. No pre-determained brackets are involved at any point.

Now to hedge my bet. I've been wrong so often, about so many things, for so long, that I am fully qualified to be wrong about everything, all the time. (Maybe you shouldn't buy that ticket just yet, based on my understanding!)

Reactions: gwb16
As far as I know, and I'm pretty sure I've been told correctly, all playoff games, in all classes, across all regions, are determined by highest power point team hosting the lowest power point team, (based upon power points after the final week of the regular season). Which equates to the highest remaining seed hosting the lowest remaining seed. No pre-determained brackets are involved at any point.

Now to hedge my bet. I've been wrong so often, about so many things, for so long, that I am fully qualified to be wrong about everything, all the time. (Maybe you shouldn't buy that ticket just yet, based on my understanding!)

And as far as I understand it, it's in bracket form. Thus one of our understanding is wrong. Guess we shall find out soon.

You haven't been wrong much on here that I have seen, if at all. Difference is I have only been wrong once in my life lol just kidding... i wasn't wrong then :). Just kidding.

I guess we still can't settle it

I sure hope the VHSL does a better job of checking their calculations this week than they did last week!

It's a fixed bracket. Upsets don't change the brackets. For instance #3 Salem travels to #2 GW. Winner plays #1 at Blacksburg or hosts #4 Glass if they upset Bburg. Winner of Region D will likely host C based on the points because most of the top 4 in D outpointed every C member except Millbrook. If Millbrook makes it through and one of the lower seeds upsets a top seed and advances in Region D Millbrook would host. It's all points based as it should be. There are not set Regional hosts IIUC.

Reactions: falcettik
No calculations to check. All they have to do is say which teams play who.

Points at end of regular season is where they end
After the fiasco last week by the VHSL, they can probably find a way to publish the schedule with errors.

Mike is correct here (as usual I might add). In previous years, some regions did elect to “re-seed” after a certain round of the playoffs, which is the closest the VHSL has been to a nontraditional bracket for as long as I can remember. With the new alignment, all regions are straight forward brackets NCAA tourney style. The only thing that differs is the number of seeds each region chooses to use in their playoff, which can’t exceed 8.

Mike is correct here (as usual I might add). In previous years, some regions did elect to “re-seed” after a certain round of the playoffs, which is the closest the VHSL has been to a nontraditional bracket for as long as I can remember. With the new alignment, all regions are straight forward brackets NCAA tourney style. The only thing that differs is the number of seeds each region chooses to use in their playoff, which can’t exceed 8.

Haven't reseeded in a LONG time

I wasn't responding to 6a, I dont know what they did. I was responding to the part about cross bracketing, which wasn't resending within their bracket

Oh ok. In my original post I said only 6A South reseeded then you quoted that saying they only cross-bracketed not reseeded. I guess it was just some miscommunication. No worries.

Easy one to watch for pairings

3A Region A

(1) Phoebus vs. (4) Hopewell

OR

(1) Phoebus vs. (7) Lakeland

According to VHSL website, York plays Lakeland, meaning it is in bracket and not resending.

Looks like I was right this time. Good thing, I like being able to say I have only been wrong once in my life. Twice just doesn't sound as good. Just kidding.

Glad we could have a good debate about it without being rude @DinwiddieProud

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT