ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie's OOD schedule for the next cycle.

Gee, I wish I could have your optimism. Remember, this is next season. I'm afraid we might not have the same level of talent next season.

@hamspear Not so fast my friend!!! We(GW) have history too!
Dinwiddie is my second favorite high school team and I know how their program gets down. GW will have it’s hands full simply because Dinwiddie reloads and has one of the best coaches on the east coast. We will be ready too. Watlington, Graves, Edmunds and the young gun slinger Kobe Hairston will all return. It’ll be the best football game in the state next year and the year following. Can’t wait! Hope we can pack the stands in Danville.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
In that case I hope it's like giving the guy ahead of you an intentional walk, so they can get to someone they think is an easier out. Hopefully, we can smack a base clearing home run.

Craking up, might get a NS win only because you will be catching them in a major rebuild mode after losing a ton of seniors from this years team including #1 RB in the country. They lose to Ponax! No question.

might get a NS win only because you will be catching them in a major rebuild mode after losing a ton of seniors from this years team including #1 RB in the country

Might get a win only bc???? That is a strong statement. Dinwiddie has a really good program. I don't think NS would have beaten them in any of the last 5 years if they would have played. Its all speculation though but IDK about that one.

Personally, I appreciate the three schools and Louisa (dates didnt match up) who agreed to play us. Scheduling games is very tough especially when everyone else west of Dinwiddie refused to play us.

Will never say another bad thing about GW (Dsh) and Louisa (Hoos). Feel the same way about LT and Salem. The rest of Class 4 and 3 talk smack, but will not walk the walk.

The Seminole (not EC Glass) is on the top of my list. I don't see how you can claim to be the baddest district in the land, need games, dates match up, and you refuse take on a game with a sound opponent. Have always voiced my respect for these schools, but now question whether they are the baddest group in the land. Hell our 4th best team beat their best team in the finals last year.

@BleedingNavy you're all good in my book. Now just get DP to admit how wrong he was about Louisa and Bell (I doubt he will), and I'll buy y'all a drink or something.

Last edited:
Personally, I appreciate the three schools and Louisa (dates didnt match up) who agreed to play us. Scheduling games is very tough especially when everyone else west of Dinwiddie refused to play us.

Will never say another bad thing about GW (Dsh) and Louisa (Hoos). Feel the same way about LT and Salem. The rest of Class 4 and 3 talk smack, but will not walk the walk.

The Seminole (not EC Glass) is on the top of my list. I don't see how you can claim to be the baddest district in the land, need games, dates match up, and you refuse take on a game with a sound opponent. Have always voiced my respect for these schools, but now question whether they are the baddest group in the land. Hell our 4th best team beat their best team in the finals last year.

Navy kind sir...with all due respect to Dinwiddie, their background, their style of play, and their willingness to travel to play quality opponents - says plenty good of their athletes, coaching staff, and their monetary support. The Jockey, however, never carries the horse across the finish line. Watch ya mouth when talking about the Seminole District. Don't put any horse on top so soon. Time will tell..no organized practice, scrimmage, nor game has been played yet. ECG has no business being placed at the top of the seminole or in the convo of a championship run..what have they done to assume that role? The Seminole district however is the most competitive with out doubt. I welcome any team to step into the Seminole to hold their own. keeping it real, Your 4th best team would only hold a lucky candle in the Seminole on a Friday night basis.

@Renaissance man BN was implying that the Seminole teams, EXCEPT Glass, avoided scheduling Dinwiddie. Therefore, he meant the Seminole talks the talk about being a tough district, but wouldn't schedule Dinwiddie even though dates matched up. Glass was willing to play Dinwiddie.

You are speaking strictly about the Seminole being the most competitive conference in 4A ball right? Not statewide correct?

Reactions: CavsGrad
The Seminole maybe the most competitive district in terms of parody between the teams top to bottom but it is certainly not the best district statewide. We ran through this on another thread already earlier yesterday. Does the Seminole have a top 20 team in the state? How could it be the best district statewide? Totally get that their is a lot of good football played in the seminole but to make a statement like "drop any of your teams in the seminole". Let's not turn this into an east vs west thing either but it just isn't a sound argument.

LOL, I don't mean to make it rain on anyone's parade, but what value other than bragging rights is there in even discussing districts. I know there a few districts that still recognize a istrict champ, but otherwise, what difference does it make?

Most districts have multiple classes. They play each other because THEY HAVE TOO.

A couple of examples. C-3 Colonial Heights has not won a single district game in years. Does that make them horrible? No, it's simply because they are stuck in the Central.

If Thomas Dale beats every time in the Central does that make them great? No, they are the only C-6 team in the district. They have an advantage.

This is true across the state. My point is how can you even compare one district to another.

Like said above, you may have a large number of equal teams in a district that fight it out every year to the last play of the game. But they could be mostly C-1. So are they the best district in the state? They may be the most "internally" competitive district, but they certainly are not the best district in the state.

Furthermore, this mess on VHSL Reference about ranking teams in an area code. Really? Not only do I not find it relevant, I find it absurd.

Sorry Danny, you already know how I feel about ranking the "Richmond Area" teams.

Ok, I'm climbing down from my soapbox now.

Renaissance Man, my statement was not about quality or even about Dinwiddie being good. I was simply saying if you are going to crow about being "the best" then don't duck quality opponents. Hell, "Pioneer" gave Staunton River hell last year for doing the same thing.

My statement about the fourth best simply meant Hopewell (Central 4th) beat Heritage (Seminole 1/2). Its not like its a long ride to Dinwiddie down 460 for any Seminole team. Go ahead and drive further to play cupcakes. Lol.

No I will not shut my mouth this mess gets old. I admit my frustration. Most teams just coast in class 3/4 go unbeaten while others have to play up and all over and hopefully go unbeaten. Devils made this same point years ago. Its like going for an interview and being told you are over qualified when you just need a damn job. Companies/ADS hire/sign less qualified people/teams, because its less of a challenge. Is it stupid or smart?

Win or lose I hope our AD keeps challenging our kids and coaches. Yes, our community supports our team both spiritually and financially. Isnt that what is suppossed to happen.

LOL, I don't mean to make it rain on anyone's parade, but what value other than bragging rights is there in even discussing districts. I know there a few districts that still recognize a istrict champ, but otherwise, what difference does it make?

Most districts have multiple classes. They play each other because THEY HAVE TOO.

A couple of examples. C-3 Colonial Heights has not won a single district game in years. Does that make them horrible? No, it's simply because they are stuck in the Central.

If Thomas Dale beats every time in the Central does that make them great? No, they are the only C-6 team in the district. They have an advantage.

This is true across the state. My point is how can you even compare one district to another.

Like said above, you may have a large number of equal teams in a district that fight it out every year to the last play of the game. But they could be mostly C-1. So are they the best district in the state? They may be the most "internally" competitive district, but they certainly are not the best district in the state.

Furthermore, this mess on VHSL Reference about ranking teams in an area code. Really? Not only do I not find it relevant, I find it absurd.

Sorry Danny, you already know how I feel about ranking the "Richmond Area" teams.

Ok, I'm climbing down from my soapbox now.

Bragging rights do mean a lot DP. We do a lot of things in society for bragging rights! :)

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Bragging rights do mean a lot DP. We do a lot of things in society for bragging rights! :)
I know. I have no issue with bragging rights. But, in some cases, schools brag about being the district champ, and get stomped in the arena that matters, the playoffs.

Or, when 6 of the other teams in their district are walkovers.

Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT