ADVERTISEMENT

Disappearing Fans on the boards

A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

So many times you see fan bases that were loud and proud when their teams were winning (Pulaski, Franklin County, Christiansburg, Magna Vista, GW-Danville, Staunton River, Amherst, Brookville, just to name a few). I know some of these teams are winning some but the fans have disappeared other than one or two that stick around. Why not support your team through thick and thin? If you are a fan be a fan.....just my two cents.

So many times you see fan bases that were loud and proud when their teams were winning (Pulaski, Franklin County, Christiansburg, Magna Vista, GW-Danville, Staunton River, Amherst, Brookville, just to name a few). I know some of these teams are winning some but the fans have disappeared other than one or two that stick around. Why not support your team through thick and thin? If you are a fan be a fan.....just my two cents.
I’ve seen several fans from Amherst still on this board. Some people moved away. Also some people just leave because their son no longer plays football. I noticed that the very vocal fan from Heritage last year was not here this year, why? You would think he would be here for sure

Reactions: Tom Potter
I’m still here GW-Danville fan! Yes I was very vocal during the season. GW has a tough game week 1 next season against Dinwiddie hope to meet some of the great posters from the board. I will be there with DSH and you will see that I’m not a bad person. I was quite because I knew nothing about any of the teams left to say anything or even make a prediction! Still loud and proud just little bit quieter now lol.

Hey do you think it has anything to do with anytime somebody wants to say something positive about the team they follow somebody has to say something out of line instead of respecting one's viewpoint?

The decline is probably due mostly to social media and the many ways people can communicate and find out information.

Back in 2009 when I found the site, there were several Amherst, Christiansburg, Pulaski fans, etc. Over the years posters have come and gone. Success of individual's teams obviously contributes to whether a poster stays around. But in general, i think there are just less posters than there used to be. I hear from a lot of people who say they read the site, but don't post.

Lot of it is social media. And yes, lots move on once their son is done with HS football or our teams are out of it. I for one, read the board about the same amount but post much less bc I still enjoy hearing what’s going on but have much less energy to debate. What’s great about the board is there’s lot of folks on here that care about the kids which should be #1 anyway.

The decline is probably due mostly to social media and the many ways people can communicate and find out information.

Back in 2009 when I found the site, there were several Amherst, Christiansburg, Pulaski fans, etc. Over the years posters have come and gone. Success of individual's teams obviously contributes to whether a poster stays around. But in general, i think there are just less posters than there used to be. I hear from a lot of people who say they read the site, but don't post.
A lot of people just don't want to pay the 10 bucks/month either!

Dont have to pay to post. Just have to pay for all the content
I pay the $10! Some of those that I know that used to get on here don't like the way it has changed. They say it's not as fun as it used to be, as a result.... lost interest, lost customer per se.

Last edited:
I have no problem supporting Amherst win or lose..Wikki posted after a loss that she was proud of Amherst and how they played..Someone said how can you be proud of a losing team(don't remember exact words).I enjoy talking football win or lose but the overall respect by some posters is sad..

I have no problem supporting Amherst win or lose..Wikki posted after a loss that she was proud of Amherst and how they played..Someone said how can you be proud of a losing team(don't remember exact words).I enjoy talking football win or lose but the overall respect by some posters is sad..

The sad part is, if I remember correctly, that was a newer person. So not only are some good ones leaving, but bad ones entering

Yes indeed, I thought getting off this board several times because of it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT