ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
I posted a good community story about a kid from Amherst several times on here and not one person said anything good or responded about it. One guy from Amherst did. No but people are still talking about stats, whose better than who, who has the best record and who will be contenders next year. Shame. That is another reason this board has been so boring. Nothing like it used to be

I posted a good community story about a kid from Amherst several times on here and not one person said anything good or responded about it. One guy from Amherst did. No but people are still talking about stats, whose better than who, who has the best record and who will be contenders next year. Shame. That is another reason this board has been so boring. Nothing like it used to be
I think a lot of it could be people are over the football boards until next year. Might have a few stragglers but I think most have moved on.

I think a lot of it could be people are over the football boards until next year. Might have a few stragglers but I think most have moved on.
Some are still posting and didn’t say a word. What this kid did is awesome. He is only 14 and decided on his own

Reactions: OCBoy
Forgive me for just getting around to viewing this story. It was a great story. Sometimes we worry more about the importance of the sports these kids play instead of teaching them honesty, integrity, community involvement and how to be men. All of which this young man has demonstrated. We should do more to encourage these young men because when most of these kids graduate there sport careers will be over. Then you have to think what life long lessons have we taught them. Sports are so important to teaching young adults many things. It is more than wins and losses. Thank for sharing this great story wikki.

Reactions: wikki
Forgive me for just getting around to viewing this story. It was a great story. Sometimes we worry more about the importance of the sports these kids play instead of teaching them honesty, integrity, community involvement and how to be men. All of which this young man has demonstrated. We should do more to encourage these young men because when most of these kids graduate there sport careers will be over. Then you have to think what life long lessons have we taught them. Sports are so important to teaching young adults many things. It is more than wins and losses. Thank for sharing this great story wikki.
He is such a great kid. The basketball team went with him to give out the presents

Forgive me, I'll get off my soap box soon. I also think there is another problem with this board. People take such ownership of their teams that they feel in some way that giving credit to another team in any way breaks that loyalty and in some way deminshies there team. * there is nothing wrong with being loyal. I am very loyal and proud of mine. Like I have said in my previous post it's not just about X's and O's, wins and losses but turning boys into men. I will say this and be done. I in a corrections. I have seen so many times talented, athletic young men. I wondered what happened and what went wrong. It is very sad to see.

Reactions: Lineheart
Like you said wikki this young man has also demonstrated great leadership skills in getting his team involved. He should be applauded and encouraged. His family I'm sure are very proud as they should be. Like I said he had someone on his life that taught him some very important life lessons. Not only did his teach it but she demonstrated it.

Reactions: wikki
I remember a long time ago Amherst people ruled this board, kind of like Salem people do now. Perhaps you were used to your own people patting you on the back a Wikki.... sorry I missed your story , and it was a good one.

I remember a long time ago Amherst people ruled this board, kind of like Salem people do now. Perhaps you were used to your own people patting you on the back a Wikki.... sorry I missed your story , and it was a good one.
I don’t need a pat on the back, I wanted this kid recognized for what he did and definitely share it on here. I was surprised at the lack of response from others not Amherst fans. They are already praising this kid and should

Reactions: 97Srhs24095
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT