ADVERTISEMENT

District Schedules

tommythecpa

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 19, 2001
You have to play schools within two classifications. As a result GW has to play Patrick County. That is not good for either school. GW does receive two additional rider points.

Two seasons under our belt have begun to reveal that some changes are needed, with respect to district play in football.

Yeah that's a similar situation with Salem and Carroll County. Since they've been moved to the RRD they haven't won a district game. Salem only has 3 OOD games, I would be thrilled if they could opt out of the CC game and play a challenging opponent. The districts have been made meaningless it seems as if they should drop the charade. Other posters were suggesting Salem travel to play better competition, that's not likely to happen as long as they still have to play meaningless district games against subpar competition like CC.

I totally agree, no need to force teams to play meaningless games when they don't mean anything. however, I thinkmyoumwouldmsee a lot of ADs keep some of the games,for the gate. Sherando plays James wood. sherando,a heavy favorite, but the gate is always solid which means money talks.

ADVERTISEMENT