ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody outside of 5a remember the three year dominance of Briar Woods

freeatlast2013

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Feb 23, 2013
in 4a.. In 2010 They avenged an early loss to Liberty Bealton by beating them in the playoffs and won the state championship 41-21 over Harrisonburg. In 2011 after losing 1st game in a tough battle to Broad Run they ran the table with all blowouts until they almost were dethroned by a game and talented Christiansburg bunch 28-26 for their second straight. In 2012 after a close win over Broad Run 20-15, they throttled everybody through the state championship , beating Heritage Lynchburg 51-0. I am pretty sure their QB was Trace Mcsorley, who will probably get a chance on Sunday after a great career with Penn State.

Reactions: VolNation85
in 4a.. In 2010 They avenged an early loss to Liberty Bealton by beating them in the playoffs and won the state championship 41-21 over Harrisonburg. In 2011 after losing 1st game in a tough battle to Broad Run they ran the table with all blowouts until they almost were dethroned by a game and talented Christiansburg bunch 28-26 for their second straight. In 2012 after a close win over Broad Run 20-15, they throttled everybody through the state championship , beating Heritage Lynchburg 51-0. I am pretty sure their QB was Trace Mcsorley, who will probably get a chance on Sunday after a great career with Penn State.
Yes I saw those games. The one with Heritage was awful. Christiansburg game them a good game

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The Briar Woods-Christiansburg game was a dandy. That was the high water mark in program history for Christiansburg. Ben Motley and his Blue Demons teammates almost pulled it off.

If I recall correctly Briar Woods onside kicked after practically every score, which Blacksburg tried in the first half of 2016 and later jettisoned.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Christiansburg did not back down from BW in 2011. C-burg had a special team. The BW/ Heritage game the following year was over during the James Monroe/Brookville game lol

Been going to high school games for over 40 years and I have never seen one team dominate another as did Briar Woods over Heritage that day. And my Bees were able to knock off James Monroe that day for their third state title,great day over at LU and I am as happy as anyone the state games are coming back this year.

Been going to high school games for over 40 years and I have never seen one team dominate another as did Briar Woods over Heritage that day. And my Bees were able to knock off James Monroe that day for their third state title,great day over at LU and I am as happy as anyone the state games are coming back this year.
Me too especially if Amherst gets to host, love it and love to cook

Reactions: mike salem
I sure hope you guys new coach at Amherst works out well for you Wikki. Plenty of talent in that program every year to work with.

Reactions: wikki
Yeah I do,
Courtland faced them twice in playoffs and got spanked althought the second time around was more competitive, think it was 45-21 something close to that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT