ADVERTISEMENT

DRAGNET REUNION SCHEDULED IN FREDBG AFTER JM HOMECOMMING GAME OCT 24TH

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
A while ago I posted on here about the dances held at the national guard armory in Fredericksburg in the 60's called dragnets! dragnet era was from 1964 to 1979, back then it was only 3 local schools in the area JM spotsy and Stafford that attended these events after the Friday night football games as live bands played. it was a chance for teens to gather after the games to discuss the games and get to know players and students from the other local schools. we didn't win many games at spotsy but we won the girl battle back then. we spotsy boys loved to steal the JM players girl friends and sometime tussle at the end of the dances. enough of this!
it's a good article in the free lance star region front section today of the planned reunion after the JM homecoming game on the 24th 8:30 to 11:00 at the same place they were held back then the national guard armory. 40 musicians of the bands back then will play the actual 60's music played back then. I will be there but I won't be able to steel any JM girls or scuffle either as father time has caught up with me. if any old timers like me that attended the dragnets back then come on down as we are going to reminisce about the good old days and have a great time. tickets are 10 dollars in advance and 20 at the door as all profits go the the JM band boosters. get your tickets fast as over 300 have been sold and they will be limited because of the armory and fire marshall qualifications. they can be purchased at JM during school hours! I still have my letter sweater and varsity jacket and they still fit and if any memorabilia from the dragnet days you have wear or bring it. see you there!

This post was edited on 10/14 9:00 PM by skynard1

This post was edited on 10/14 9:04 PM by skynard1

This post was edited on 10/14 9:52 PM by skynard1

This post was edited on 10/14 9:57 PM by skynard1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT