ADVERTISEMENT

E.C. Glass and Heritage

Glass got first pick this week so they chose to play on Friday for round 1. Heritage chose to play Thursday. If both teams win this week then Heritage has first pick for second round but VHSL doesn't allow a Thursday game option after the first round.

Reactions: lyhsports and OCBoy
Glass got first pick this week so they chose to play on Friday for round 1. Heritage chose to play Thursday. If both teams win this week then Heritage has first pick for second round but VHSL doesn't allow a Thursday game option after the first round.
So would they have to play on Saturday or somewhere else on Friday

So would they have to play on Saturday or somewhere else on Friday
One would play Friday and one would play Saturday. Most likely that Bradley would choose Friday and Glass would be left to play on Saturday.

Yeah, except by permission of the VHSL Executive Director, Regional playoff games must be played on Friday or Saturday, no Thursday games.

Heritage or Glass could play at LU or Amherst. So few fans go to the games at City Stadium, there is no real home field advantage.

Heritage or Glass could play at LU or Amherst. So few fans go to the games at City Stadium, there is no real home field advantage.

Why would they play at Amherst? How does that come in to play? Lynchburg city residents would come out to LU if...fan base isn’t the greatest for either city school. ECG is a little better, if both were to be at LU, which is a long ways out, there would be a tremendous turn out. Can’t count chickens though. Who has the better chance of getting to LU?

Reactions: lyhsports
May be the case for a Heritage game but Thats definitely not the case for Glass this year.

Why would they play at Amherst? How does that come in to play? Lynchburg city residents would come out to LU if...fan base isn’t the greatest for either city school. ECG is a little better, if both were to be at LU, which is a long ways out, there would be a tremendous turn out. Can’t count chickens though. Who has the better chance of getting to LU?
Just so both could play Friday night. LU probably would not be available or allow it since states would be played there. A lot goes into it to schedule a game at LU on that short of notice. I know Amherst has offered their field before in playoff games. I know they would be willing to offer it.

Neither of them brings s good crowd

Just so both could play Friday night. LU probably would not be available or allow it since states would be played there. A lot goes into it to schedule a game at LU on that short of notice. I know Amherst has offered their field before in playoff games. I know they would be willing to offer it.
Amherst is only 20 minutes away and has one of the better stadiums in the Lynchburg area. Amherst has offered before.

Amherst is only 20 minutes away and has one of the better stadiums in the Lynchburg area. Amherst has offered before.
We would love it actually, we also have great concessions and plenty of bathrooms

Can we move Clarke's home games to Amherst? We have marginal concessions and disgusting bathrooms.
Why such a smart answer? I was just stating what we have that would be nice for a playoff game. Over the years, people would complain on here about the lack of facility for playoff games and lack of bathrooms. JF last year had porta potties for a playoff game and it was horrible according to those that went to that game. This board is not like it used to be and that is a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
The home side of Amherst is nice but the visitor side leaves a lot to be desired but that can be said about A LOT of high school stadiums.
Very true. Their home side is very nice but the visitors side is mediocre at best.

Why such a smart answer? I was just stating what we have that would be nice for a playoff game. Over the years, people would complain on here about the lack of facility for playoff games and lack of bathrooms. JF last year had porta potties for a playoff game and it was horrible according to those that went to that game. This board is not like it used to be and that is a shame.
Wasn't being smart, I was being 100% honest. If you've ever been to Clarke, you'd agree. No disrespect intended at all, especially to a lady.

Very true. Their home side is very nice but the visitors side is mediocre at best.
I agree but overall for a playoff game, it would hold a decent crowd and the concessions and bathroom would be accommodate everyone

So there aren't any bathrooms on the visitor side?
No but not many schools have them and If they do, it is only about two. The restrooms are not that far away at all, not completely behind the homeside like most stadiums. They are near one entrance beside the concessions

Reactions: VolNation85
JF is horrible for playoffs games

No, they didn't. That was a few years ago when Salem was crying about how many restrooms and seats were available. Extra porta potties were brought in so they didn't have to walk half way around the stadium. They have an adequate amount of permanent restrooms for most games.

Amherst has a great facility. I also like how you can watch the game at the concessions
Yes a big screen for the boosters and volunteers. Game is live and it makes it nice for the workers

Reactions: SFUWO
No, they didn't. That was a few years ago when Salem was crying about how many restrooms and seats were available. Extra porta potties were brought in so they didn't have to walk half way around the stadium. They have an adequate amount of permanent restrooms for most games.
Amherst has 40 stalls each for men and women. Most highs schools dont have anywhere near that. Besides the walk is only a short distance

Reactions: SFUWO
Wow , who the heck needs all those stalls for a three hour football game !? Unless like the food is bad or something ....

Amherst has 40 stalls each for men and women. Most highs schools dont have anywhere near that. Besides the walk is only a short distance
Dunno about the ladies room at Clarke, but the mens room has 2 urinals, 2 stalls, one sink with no soap and no hot water, and you have to keep turning the water on. I'd rather use a tree and some leaves. It's abysmally embarrassing.

Reactions: wikki
Wow , who the heck needs all those stalls for a three hour football game !? Unless like the food is bad or something ....
Geez, it’s just the way it was built. They are each on the opposite side of the concessions. One huge building and underneath is the lockerooms for both teams. Joke if you want, but we get compliments on our hot dogs. I bet you would never have to wait for a bathroom, better than having 2-4 like a couple of the Seminole schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT