ADVERTISEMENT

E.C. Glass' DreSean Kendrick

His dad went from QB @ Glass to RB at VT. I would assume it will depend on where he goes, but I would think he'll be recruited as an ATH and play WR, DB, RB, or maybe even QB if he were to pick a smaller school. With his grades and ability, the sky is the limit.

Depends on where he goes looks to be a Rb or slot/WR on offense and more then likely a corner on defense, could potentially be a safety but I don’t know if prefers hitting versus scoring (IMO).

Also how many offers does he have and where to?
Western Michigan was one of the bigger ones I’ve seen but would like to know where he has the option of going.

Georgetown is an awesome school, but a really horrible football landing spot. Do they even give football scholarships? D1 FCS in name only.

I imagine he wants to be in space with the ball in his hands. CB might work with his skillset although his straight line speed doesn't seem great. I can't imagine he'd ever be a S above DII, though, not at 5'9'' tall. But if he can catch the ball I think slot WR and punt returns would be something he could excel at on the next level.

Sometimes it’s not all about if a school is small or big just play where your wanted and not where u wanna go, because go to a bigger school and you set on the bench 3yrs unhappy, or go to a place where you play and get free education, that’s what counts and Georgetown looks great on any Resume imo, congrats to Kendrick

I’m just saying it’s pretty spectacularly bad support for the football program from the school. Not trying to knock the kid. I get it if he’s taking advantage for the degree.

I’m just saying it’s pretty spectacularly bad support for the football program from the school. Not trying to knock the kid. I get it if he’s taking advantage for the degree.
I get what you meant! I wonder what’s the difference in programs like Georgetown, Davidson, Butler, Bucknell (Pioneer Conference???) and FCS programs like JMU, W&M, Elon, etc? They are all certainly D1 football programs but you never see them play one another.

Could anybody add insight to his offer list?

He currently has offers from Western Michigan, Richmond, Howard, Georgetown, William & Mary, and Campbell. He's also been receiving a lot of interest from Fordham, Army, App State, and VT. Word is he's been invited for a visit to VT and is going this weekend.

I imagine he wants to be in space with the ball in his hands. CB might work with his skillset although his straight line speed doesn't seem great. I can't imagine he'd ever be a S above DII, though, not at 5'9'' tall. But if he can catch the ball I think slot WR and punt returns would be something he could excel at on the next level.

Have you ever seen him play in person? I only ask because film doesn't do him any justice. You have to see him in person to fully appreciate his abilities. His straight line speed is exceptional. Ran a 4.48 and 4.49 at camps back over the summer.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Have you ever seen him play in person? I only ask because film doesn't do him any justice. You have to see him in person to fully appreciate his abilities. His straight line speed is exceptional. Ran a 4.48 and 4.49 at camps back over the summer.

I mean I looked at his 247 profile and read his reported time. Perhaps he had a bad camp then.

Regardless, hard reality is 5'9 is extremely short to play defense, I would imagine if anything holds him back it'll be that rather than any speed problems.

Reactions: VolNation85
I get what you meant! I wonder what’s the difference in programs like Georgetown, Davidson, Butler, Bucknell (Pioneer Conference???) and FCS programs like JMU, W&M, Elon, etc? They are all certainly D1 football programs but you never see them play one another.

Most of the pioneer league programs are attached to schools who would play D3 football if they were allowed to. That’s why it’s a nationwide conference. There are a few over-achieving teams like San Diego but mostly it’s just s collection of D1 schools who want to play non-scholarship football. Is Bucknell pioneer league? Thought they were patriot league.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Most of the pioneer league programs are attached to schools who would play D3 football if they were allowed to. That’s why it’s a nationwide conference. There are a few over-achieving teams like San Diego but mostly it’s just s collection of D1 schools who want to play non-scholarship football. Is Bucknell pioneer league? Thought they were patriot league.
I think Bucknell and Georgetown are both Patriot League in football!

Reactions: WP02alum
When he came to GW, my jaw literally dropped when he took off for the first time. My ankles almost got broke and I was just standing on the sideline lol

I mean I looked at his 247 profile and read his reported time. Perhaps he had a bad camp then.

Regardless, hard reality is 5'9 is extremely short to play defense, I would imagine if anything holds him back it'll be that rather than any speed problems.
From watching him over the years and a few defensive appearances this year, The kid is as smooth as butter and his instincts (offensively and defensively) are amazing. Defensively, he has lined up against some of the best Wideouts in central va and held his own. I definitely think he will flourish as a Slot or CB at the next level.

Yes, Bucknell is in the Patriot League.

Reactions: WP02alum
Western Michigan is non-power-5 FBS. Richmond and William & Mary are in the toughest conference in FCS (the CAA)...so WMU, Richmond and W&M aren't that far apart football-wise.

Georgetown, W&M and Richmond are academic peers, with Georgetown at the bottom of that group for football by a significant margin. The opportunity to attend ANY of these three is reserved for the most elite high school students...the idea that he could receive a world class education from one of these schools FOR FREE is a tremendous accomplishment for Dresean and his family. I expect there will be more offers to come....but even if his recruitment wrapped up today, he and his family can celebrate.

Kane Everson (from PA) is starting at slot WR for W&M right now as a true freshman. Similar sized kid...has caught 32 balls for 400+ yards. Kendrick is a more explosive football player in every respect. He would be a steal for high-level FCS and non-power-5 FBS and there is no question he is capable of contributing at the Power 5 level.

He currently has offers from Western Michigan, Richmond, Howard, Georgetown, William & Mary, and Campbell. He's also been receiving a lot of interest from Fordham, Army, App State, and VT. Word is he's been invited for a visit to VT and is going this weekend.

He and Caleb Snead would be crazy in the same WR group at Campbell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT