ADVERTISEMENT

E.c. Glass takes down Spotswood

Nov 20, 2017
The hilltoppers defeated Spotswood 55-46. I'm not familiar with Spotswood, but from what I read on the 3a message board they are expecting to be strong. I follow mostly the seminole in basketball and from what ive seen already Glass appears to be a sound defensive team. Anyone eles have any thoughts on this game?

I went to the Glass vs Fleming game on Friday night, and saw the first half of Spottswood vs Rustburg afterwards. Spottswood looks fundamentally sound and well coached. Glass does look good defensively. Against Fleming, they jumped out to a 13-0 run. Fleming could barely run an offensive set on that run. If Glass can consistenty score, they'll be fine. They allow teams to get back into games.

I noticed just by looking at the box score that Glass only beat Brookville in one quarter of the game they played last week. But that one quarter they did win, they won big and that decided the game. Glass held both Hancock and Cook under 20 in that game so that does tell me they can contain a teams scoring enough to stay in games. Like you said, consistent scoring will be key. Runs are nice but sustainable offense will take them further.

Reactions: lyhsports
I noticed just by looking at the box score that Glass only beat Brookville in one quarter of the game they played last week. But that one quarter they did win, they won big and that decided the game. Glass held both Hancock and Cook under 20 in that game so that does tell me they can contain a teams scoring enough to stay in games. Like you said, consistent scoring will be key. Runs are nice but sustainable offense will take them further.

Cook really impressed me in that game. He and Hancock should be one of the best duos in the seminole this year. Cook is only a Soph. right?

Cook really impressed me in that game. He and Hancock should be one of the best duos in the seminole this year. Cook is only a Soph. right?
I believe you are right. I'm pretty sure he is 2020. They are a strong duo. I'm just wondering who will step up and be that 3rd guy. Also I believe the defense needs to tighten up too.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT