ADVERTISEMENT

E.J. Levenberry transferring from Fla State

Washingtonian

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Apr 8, 2002
http://www.insidenova.com/sports/e-j-levenberry-transferring-from-florida-state/article_9b0f8766-9677-11e4-8fc5-ab3b846c69ed.html

Hylton High School graduate E.J. Levenberry is transferring from Florida State.
Levenberry said on his Facebook page Tuesday that Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher had granted him his release.

The 6-foot-3, 246-pound sophomore entered the preseason as a candidate to start at inside linebacker for the Seminoles, but Reggie Northrup ended up winning the job.

As the season went on, Levenberry played less and less, finishing with 21 tackles and a tackle for loss in 13 games. As a true freshman for Florida State, Levenberry finished ninth on the team with 39 tackles and returned an interception for a touchdown for the national champions.

"[E.J] loved Jimbo Fisher and Jimbo was great," said Levenberry's father Eric. "Jimbo didn't want E.J. to go. We felt E.J. was not being given a fair opportunity under the current defensive staff."

Eric Levenberry said he hopes to have his son's next college destination lined up within the next week so he can enroll there for the spring semester. Levenberry was headed back home Wednesday.

Eric Levenberry declined to identify them by name, but said a couple of Big Ten schools, one Big 12 school and an SEC school have already expressed interest in E.J. coming to play there.

With national signing day less than a month away for high school seniors, scholarship availability could play a factor in where Levenberry ends up.

"It's of paramount importance for us to have him at a school with a good strength and linebacker coach," Eric Levenberry said. "We'd also prefer he play in a 4-3 instead of a 3-4."

Florida State's base defense is a 3-4.

i was wondering what happen to him didnt see much of him playing hope he goes to VaTech or some D-1 school

I don't think he can transfer to another ACC team, I could be wrong but teams usually do not allow you to transfer within conference and they make you sign an agreement stating so when given your release. I read that he is looking at schools within numerous conferences from the SEC, Big 10 and Big 12. I'm sure some of the schools he was considering before will come into the mix (Oklahoma, Michigan, Tennessee).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT