ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles will be ready

We (Danville) don't shy away from anything. Yeah we don't win it every year, but we're tough mentally and we take on any challenge. We pride ourselves being from our city. We're tough. I thought that this generation of kids had lost that mentally but I love it. Danville Strong..Danville Tough..Danville Proud. Don't care if you're from North Danville, South Danville, Forest Hills, or Cardinal Village (THE PROJECTS) these are our boys.

I think it's great that they are confident. Charlottesville didn't look very fired up at all this past week and I think it showed in how they played. I was just curious if the comment was made that they are seeking revenge for 2014 or if they just want to be the team to knock Salem out of the playoffs. Typically Salem gets the best effort from the teams they play and that makes the games much more fun to watch. Good luck to the Eagles this week.

I think it's great that they are confident. Charlottesville didn't look very fired up at all this past week and I think it showed in how they played. I was just curious if the comment was made that they are seeking revenge for 2014 or if they just want to be the team to knock Salem out of the playoffs. Typically Salem gets the best effort from the teams they play and that makes the games much more fun to watch. Good luck to the Eagles this week.
GW gets everyone's best as well. It will be a good one.

I think it's a little bit of both. These kids have been told the story of that day back in 2014 when Salem laid the smack down on GW. Salem was the stronger more physical team. Since then the off season strength and conditioning program has been revamped in order to be able to compete with a team like Salem. We'll see if it makes a difference come Friday.

I think it's a little bit of both. These kids have been told the story of that day back in 2014 when Salem laid the smack down on GW. Salem was the stronger more physical team. Since then the off season strength and conditioning program has been revamped in order to be able to compete with a team like Salem. We'll see if it makes a difference come Friday.
Should be the biggest game at GW since the 98 thomas dale state semifinal game Gw won and lost to chantilly at WT Woodson hs

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Agree over all with this

Probably best most anticipated game in all classifications from hype, power point ratings and strength of programs. Will have a state level feel. I wonder whoever wins, how much will they be able to re-generate that same effort if they travel to Blacksburg, if they too should win. I know players do not look ahead but just thinking aloud.

Probably best most anticipated game in all classifications from hype, power point ratings and strength of programs. Will have a state level feel. I wonder whoever wins, how much will they be able to re-generate that same effort if they travel to Blacksburg, if they too should win. I know players do not look ahead but just thinking aloud.
Yes , ECG at city stadium would be a great state semi final game site. Blacksburg not really

“We wanted them anyway,” Waller said. “We’ve been hoping and praying we would get Salem.”

Ouch...

My first time seeing Salem in person since MV beat them in Salem. I am impressed with what I see from the Salem Spartans.

“We wanted them anyway,” Waller said. “We’ve been hoping and praying we would get Salem.”

Ouch...
Usually when posters come on here and say things like that, it comes back to bite them

Reactions: AntGZee
Usually when posters come on here and say things like that, it comes back to bite them

Radio guys said that's what every fan has been saying. Hard to tell if it was because of 2014 or just because Salem is their measurement for success.

Salem to Blacksburg next week. Interesting how big crowd will be with Uva hosting VT Friday night. Will game be played on Saturday?

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Salem to Blacksburg next week. Interesting how big crowd will be with Uva hosting VT Friday night. Will game be played on Saturday?

Semis and finals are always on a Saturday. I'm not sure if there's a chance the teams can agree to Friday but as long as I can remember it's always been the first 2-3 PO games on Friday, last 2 on Saturday (barring certain situations).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT