ADVERTISEMENT

Early 3A predictions

Feb 15, 2018
As the weather turns warmer there are 2 things that are 100% certain...
#1 We all are going to have to start mowing the lawn again (UGH for me! I know some of you guys are NASCAR drivers on your riding mowers LOL) and more importantly...
#2 Football Season is just a couple of short months away!!!
So in celebration of this fact (The football not the lawncare) let's talk 3A football!!
Which teams will be good?
Which teams will be improved?
Which teams will fall off this year?
Which players are going to make some noise?
The floor is your's, gentlemen...

Reactions: Jags101
Curious and anxious to watch Brookville and Heritage this year. I think Brookville returns more starters than anyone in the Seminole District but they have to replace their QB.
Heritage has some good talent returning but they are graduating key lineman and one of the best backs this area has seen in a long time. I'm hearing good reports from the weightroom, paying close attention to the skilled position players when 7 on 7's start.

I think Region C will come down to Brookville and Heritage again. Brookville Brookville will have the best WR corps in the lynchburg area, and I don't think theyll have a problem finding a new quarterback. Heritage has some young studs coming up at the skill positions. I think they will be more balanced with Davis Graduating. Kyron Thomas will be very fast out of the backfield. And Heritage will have the best group of linebackers in Class 3. They just need to replinish their Offensive and defensive lines.
I'm high on Lord Botetourt and Northside in Region D.

My question is, Will Hopewell repeat? I know you don't usually see 3A team in that area repeat, but they have some good young players and I really like Briggs at RB.

Last edited:
I think Region C will come down to Brookville and Heritage again. Brookville Brookville will have the best WR corps in the lynchburg area, and I don't think theyll have a problem finding a new quarterback. Heritage has some young studs coming up at the skill positions. I think they will be more balanced with Davis Graduating. They just need to replinish their Offensive and defensive lines.
I'm high on Lord Botetourt and Northside in Region D.

My question is, Will Hopewell repeat? I know you don't usually see 3A team in that area repeat, but they have some good young players and I really like Briggs at RB.

That kid was faster than the rb that is going to Indiana. They may have upgraded at that position, they lost their qb as well.

That kid was faster than the rb that is going to Indiana. They may have upgraded at that position, they lost their qb as well.
I think that they will be very good and win 3a east but the question will be qb I understand that the qb coming back is very good but got kick off the team before the championship game, but I know they have a lot of young good football player coming back.

Ok So Heritage & Brookville are looking to be good, also LB and Northside. Hopewell returns a ton! and of course, Phoebus will definitely have athletes. How about any other teams? Will Magna Vista get back on track? Will Staunton River fall off with the loss of those seniors and their coach? Are there any other teams on the rise that could have a winning season and make some noise come playoff time?

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
Ok So Heritage & Brookville are looking to be good, also LB and Northside. Hopewell returns a ton! and of course, Phoebus will definitely have athletes. How about any other teams? Will Magna Vista get back on track? Will Staunton River fall off with the loss of those seniors and their coach? Are there any other teams on the rise that could have a winning season and make some noise come playoff time?
I think Magna Vista is my sleeper for the 2019 season

Has Staunton River fallen that far off? Weren't they competing for the championship just last year? right? And as far as Magna Vista as a sleeper IDK about all that. My Dawgs should of beaten them last season, refs gave the warriors the game! I think Magna Vista goes 2-8 this season...prolly beat Patrick County and Bassett, they wont be good!

Did Sr retain any of the coaches from last season?
Yes. They lost there head coach but permoted there offensive coordinator to head coach. Which in my opinion was a great move. He is a SR alumni, head coach experience and is really the brain child behind our offense. What is yet to be seen is can he inspire and motivate like coach Poston. The community, parents and players loved coach Poston. Whoever came behind him had some prety big shoes to fill. The foundation has definitely be set. Also SR graduated 25 seniors. They may surprise me and be over .500 (and I hope so) but im just being realistic.

Last edited:
Curious and anxious to watch Brookville and Heritage this year. I think Brookville returns more starters than anyone in the Seminole District but they have to replace their QB.
Heritage has some good talent returning but they are graduating key lineman and one of the best backs this area has seen in a long time. I'm hearing good reports from the weightroom, paying close attention to the skilled position players when 7 on 7's start.
How many starters does Brookville return?

Has Staunton River fallen that far off? Weren't they competing for the championship just last year? right? And as far as Magna Vista as a sleeper IDK about all that. My Dawgs should of beaten them last season, refs gave the warriors the game! I think Magna Vista goes 2-8 this season...prolly beat Patrick County and Bassett, they wont be good!
So you think the Warriors will go 2-8 and your bullfrogs will beat them, you guys are getting better but to be the man you got to beat the man. You might beat MV this year but do it first talk about it then

in about 3 and a half months we will have a better idea what teams will be the teams 2 beat a lot of things come in to play like transfers, injuries etc so its hard to say right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT