ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 11-0 @ Dinwiddie 11-0

Who wins

• Dinwiddie

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • EV

Votes: 28 35.0%

• Total voters
Surprised at the poll numbers so far...must be plenty of EV fans in here.

I haven't seen them in person or on film, and I'm sure EV is a very good football team...however, Dinwiddie is a different kind of challenge.

Congrats to EV on a nice win. Should be a good one next Friday. Looking forward to seeing two good running teams with similar offenses go at it.

Don't think the Generals will be taking the Cyclones lightly. The coaches are fully aware of the talent coming to Navy Nation.
Dinwiddie should have Sturdivant back next week which will afford Tyree the opportunity to concentrate on defense.

Both teams will have to focus on stopping the oppossing squads running game. Special teams could play a major role in this one.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What happened to Sturdivant. People in the stands tonight said broken foot but obviously if he is back next week that can't be true :)
As far as the game goes, these two teams are very much the same in how they operate. This will be a good one. It's tough that one of these teams will be done after round two but that's how the stars aligned this year. The other thing is round 3 will also have 2 undefeated teams playing.. tough bracket man.

I’m going with Dinwiddie. I think EV will give them a game but playing at Dinwiddie will be overwhelming

I’m going with Dinwiddie. I think EV will give them a game but playing at Dinwiddie will be overwhelming
To me dinwiddie does have homefield advantage but EV knows what they have and has very good coaching. I’m calling upset now.... lol

It’s a long 2 hour ride like Lafayette was and that is not easy. It’s grass, does EV play on grass? Other than that and Dinwiddie has a great team I don’t see a huge advantage at this level of playing at their field. Weather right now is suppose to good and a lot warmer.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Dinwiddie is certainly the favorite here by just looking at them on paper and their history. If EV were to go down and knock of the Goliath then it would be a major upset.

I think the one area where EV has an advantage is size. And if it’s close in the 4th look for that size to be a factor.

Question about Dinwiddie, does the OL/DL play both ways? I believe, and EV guys correct me if I am wrong, has two lineman that go both ways? As I think think again in the 4th quarter this may be a huge factor.

You don't need to worry about EV playing anyone both ways. I would say they're as conditioned as you can be. Dinwiddie will either be better or they won't...that's all.

Reactions: OCBoy
Sturdivant sprained his ankle in the second quarter against Hopewell. He sat the last two games. Could have played tonight, but was not needed. He will be ready next week. We ran the ball quite well tonight. 200 yards in the first quarter and 370 yards total. Huguenot is not in the same league as EV, but still a solid night for our #3 and #4 backs.

None of our o and defensive lineman play both ways. In fact, only 2 dbs/wr play both ways consistently. Tyree does go in and out on offense, but thats it.

Lets be real here. EV is not the best running team or defense Dinwiddie has faced. Thomas Dale has that honor; however, EV is the best balanced offense we have faced and that concerns me a ton. Again, EV has our full attention.

Dinwiddie will be the best defense EV has faced and neither team gives up squat on the ground. I look for the game to be similar to the Dinwiddie/Lafayette game last year. Very physical.

Sturdivant sprained his ankle in the second quarter against Hopewell. He sat the last two games. Could have played tonight, but was not needed. He will be ready next week. We ran the ball quite well tonight. 200 yards in the first quarter and 370 yards total. Huguenot is not in the same league as EV, but still a solid night for our #3 and #4 backs.

None of our o and defensive lineman play both ways. In fact, only 2 dbs/wr play both ways consistently. Tyree does go in and out on offense, but thats it.

Lets be real here. EV is not the best running team or defense Dinwiddie has faced. Thomas Dale has that honor; however, EV is the best balanced offense we have faced and that concerns me a ton. Again, EV has our full attention.

Dinwiddie will be the best defense EV has faced and neither team gives up squat on the ground. I look for the game to be similar to the Dinwiddie/Lafayette game last year. Very physical.

It's good to hear he is ok and it sounds like both teams are relatively healthy for this game besides the normal wear and tear of a season. Dale was featured on a few games on that Richmond network including the Dinwiddie game. I will have to take your word for the best running game and defense, I just didn't come away from watching their games thinking they were anything special (Dale that is).

I agree with you about both EV and Dinwiddie stopping the run. Although it's hard to tell if Dinwiddie has faced an Oline like ours. Maybe in size and maybe speed, but what about both? Dinwiddies D line and LB's will be the best we have faced by far. That will be the matchup that I'm interested in seeing the most.

If both teams stay true and shut down the run, Who do you think has the advantage in the air? I know what we have, but have not seen a lot through the air for Dinwiddie?

I won't predict an outcome, but will say Dinwiddie is the favorite, they are at home, and they have been here before and won. EV is still trying to break through and put a stamp on their short history. What I'm really excited about is that when I spend the 32$ this next week, I might actually see a whole football game :)

Dinwiddie’s defense is the best I’ve seen on the high school level especially with a healthy Pope. I’ve seen the Elites play this year which includes Monacan, Varina, Bird, Manchester, Henrico, Highland Springs, Hermitage and Thomas Dale... Dinwiddie by far has the best defense in the 804. That Dale game proved it. Widdie shut down not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 very very good skill guys from Dale. Call me 804 bias but I believe Dinwiddie pulls this out and Monacan takes care of business.

Wow. That is an interesting list of Elites? It includes a Varina team that gave up 42 to Patrick Henry, a Henrico team that squeaked by 35-34 to Patrick Henry, and a Highland Springs team that Patrick Henry hung around with. Of course I only have Patrick Henry live to gauge them on. They only scored a broken coverage TD on us. Yeah I think we can go with 804 bias. I don't disagree Dinwiddie is the top dog, but if that is a real list of elites than EV is doing pretty darn good.

Reactions: og charger
Wow. That is an interesting list of Elites? It includes a Varina team that gave up 42 to Patrick Henry, a Henrico team that squeaked by 35-34 to Patrick Henry, and a Highland Springs team that Patrick Henry hung around with. Of course I only have Patrick Henry live to gauge them on. They only scored a broken coverage TD on us. Yeah I think we can go with 804 bias. I don't disagree Dinwiddie is the top dog, but if that is a real list of elites than EV is doing pretty darn good.
Varina blanked PH 37-0 this year lol where’d you get that from? If EV played any of them real teams from the 804, you’d be humbled. PH also lost to Atlee and almost lost to Deep Run who lost to TJ. These are high school kids. That comparing scores to other teams don’t mean nothing to me. Fact is, if EV played in the Central District, y’all would be doing good to finish 3rd.. Very lucky to crack the top 4 in the Capital and Dominion Districts. Truth hurts man.

Dinwiddie will be the best team EV has played by leaps and bounds. Good news for EV is that the Cyclones might be the best team Dinwiddie has played this year. I think certainly offensively.

Dinwiddie is sitting on a sports car that they haven't brought out of the garage yet. IF they need to, they will bring it out. Just start handing it off to KaVaughn Pope who is really tough to stop.

I love D'ago Hunter!! I think he is the most dynamic player in 4a. Need to make sure he gets the ball in space. He also needs to be aware that Pope and Tyree will always be near bye on those cut backs. Keep it north and south as much as possible unless he gets the edge. He is a very good runner so I am sure he can manage.

This will be one of the best games in the state this year. Both Fortunately and unfortunately I won't be there to witness it.

@EVcyc & @DanvilleSportsHead both EV and DInwiddie have earned there seat.

Lets not play the what if games. Lets focus on what is... These two teams will lock horns and somebody is going home. I can guarantee either one taking the other for granted is a baaaad idea.
You are 100% correct brother. I will sit back and enjoy this good football we’re having. Region B has a combined record of 44-0. Region D is 37-7. It’s a good time to be a high school football fan.

Well said mbonape1. Evcyc, we have played against several good o lines this year, but I am no position to determine if any are better than EV.

You mention size on the o line. We love playing against big guys. All I can say is show up and lets see which team gets it done.

Ev is 23-1 the past two years Dinwiddie is 25-1. Isnt much difference. I promise you home field advantage is an x factor for us. If EVwins they will be on a very short list.

Varina blanked PH 37-0 this year lol where’d you get that from? If EV played any of them real teams from the 804, you’d be humbled. PH also lost to Atlee and almost lost to Deep Run who lost to TJ. These are high school kids. That comparing scores to other teams don’t mean nothing to me. Fact is, if EV played in the Central District, y’all would be doing good to finish 3rd.. Very lucky to crack the top 4 in the Capital and Dominion Districts. Truth hurts man.
Like I said, it was thought that PH would roll through the Battlefield this year....from what I saw last night that wouldn't have happened. QB was pretty good but that was about all I saw last night. Doesn't mean anything though..it's all about match-ups. The one thing people need to watch for is #4 for EV. Probably the most underrated RB in the state. He bowled over PH guys all night.

Reactions: mbonape1
Like I said, it was thought that PH would roll through the Battlefield this year....from what I saw last night that wouldn't have happened. QB was pretty good but that was about all I saw last night. Doesn't mean anything though..it's all about match-ups. The one thing people need to watch for is #4 for EV. Probably the most underrated RB in the state. He bowled over PH guys all night.
My last post because I know the 804 crew on this board are way more humble of their teams than I am and I don’t want to misrepresent their repetition with my talk...but I’ll say this.. Good luck with doing that on Dinwiddie’s defense next week. You will see.

Max Prep had the score 55 -42. They are not always accurate though. My post was simply putting EV in the class you claimed as elite. You can't say FACT is if EV played blah blah. That's not fact it's opinion which you deem as fact. I will give Dinwiddie their props, obvious great team and clearly the favorite, but all the other rah rah crap for the central district, save it. PH was just another team that got rolled like they weren't really there. I'm not sure what else EV had to do. It still amazes me that a team can basically beat every team they play by 50 and they are given no chance by some of you. 40% on this board picked PH to beat EV, we beat them by 48 with a running clock at the 8:52 mark in the third QT. I very rarely say what EV will do, I typically post what they have done and keep doing. This will be a game, I would be shocked if it wasn't.

Dinwiddie will be the best team EV has played by leaps and bounds. Good news for EV is that the Cyclones might be the best team Dinwiddie has played this year. I think certainly offensively.

Dinwiddie is sitting on a sports car that they haven't brought out of the garage yet. IF they need to, they will bring it out. Just start handing it off to KaVaughn Pope who is really tough to stop.

I love D'ago Hunter!! I think he is the most dynamic player in 4a. Need to make sure he gets the ball in space. He also needs to be aware that Pope and Tyree will always be near bye on those cut backs. Keep it north and south as much as possible unless he gets the edge. He is a very good runner so I am sure he can manage.

This will be one of the best games in the state this year. Both Fortunately and unfortunately I won't be there to witness it.
Dinwiddie played Salem and won with a 4th. Down one hand catch with about a minute left in game. Dinwiddie is very good and deserved to win the game but you are assuming quite a bit if you think EV will be the best team Dinwiddie has played. Salem is not as good as the last two years but they are still pretty dang good.

Dinwiddie played Salem and won with a 4th. Down one hand catch with about a minute left in game. Dinwiddie is very good and deserved to win the game but you are assuming quite a bit if you think EV will be the best team Dinwiddie has played. Salem is not as good as the last two years but they are still pretty dang good.
Very fair.

Now with all fairness I knew someone from Salem was going to say that. BUt I did say "Might be" Trust me... We all saw what you did last night!

Reactions: OCBoy
Now with all fairness I knew someone from Salem was going to say that. BUt I did say "Might be" Trust me... We all saw what you did last night!
Obviously these are 2 great teams. Actually I will say all 4 remaining teams are quality teams. My question is this..how well will EV in a dogfight? Saying they haven't really been tested yet, how will they do under pressure? Of the 4 remaining, I think that advantage goes to Monacan and Dinwiddie.

Most teams in the playoffs now would do that to Charlottesville. Never bought the hype on them from day one.

Reactions: mbonape1
Not saying it means they will lose...but jeez....has EV even been tested yet this season?

The best team on their schedule was Courtland?

Let's just say they are going to see a gigantic jump in opponent quality next week.

Obviously these are 2 great teams. Actually I will say all 4 remaining teams are quality teams. My question is this..how well will EV in a dogfight? Saying they haven't really been tested yet, how will they do under pressure? Of the 4 remaining, I think that advantage goes to Monacan and Dinwiddie.

Totally agree, both EV and Louisa have a lot to prove this week. This is the opportunity both teams wanted and now they got it. The only way to be the best is to beat the best. The 11-0 doesn’t matter anymore. All that matters is who goes 1-0 this week. If EV or Louisa can go on the road and beat Monacan or Dinwiddie then I think most reasonable people on this board would give them their due.

I dont get the underdog thing. All four teams are unbeaten which is no easy feat and well earned.

Quit playing the poor me/disrespect game. I havent heard one Monacan or Dinwiddie fan say their team was going to destroy their opponent. I would bet you the players and coaching staffs from these four teams believe they can win and so do I. No one stands tall above the other.

Instead of talking moral or psychology maybe, one of you EV or Louisa fans can actually tell us how you intend to attack your opponents weaknesses.

I know this is boring for this thread and conversation but can we all just agree that 2 very good teams are going to square off Friday night. The better team that night will win. The team that doesn’t turn the ball over and makes the least amount of mistakes will win.

Dinwiddie is a continual year to year powerhouse. EV has put together a bunch of 10 win seasons in a row and are looking for their spot to shine across the state.

I look forward to visiting Dinwiddie Friday night and I’m sure Navynation will welcome all of us with open arms!!! Lol.

@EVcyc Calm down bro. Why you so worked up? It doesn't matter what either team has done to this point.. What conference they play in, the what if scenario's or whatever.. Point is.. they got to play.. Get your popcorn and enjoy...

I'm not uncalm (yeah I made that word up). I am more amused than worked up. It's the same regardless of who's talking about whatever team. I find the banter of they play in this league so they get credit for that funny. I also enjoy when posters who pretend their opinion is fact participate in opinionated discussions then finish their write up with childish stuff like "truth hurts". I actually smiled when I read it, like that guy thinks he said something truthful vs something that he thinks is likely. Trust me I took a nap right after and the only thing that really got me worked up today, was when I was headed to the airport to fly to the Netherlands and found my passport was expired, now that bothered me and it was actual fact.
On a side note, I don't take anything any of you say personal, so please don't do that with what I say.. I simply use this board for amusement and it typically delivers. I'm really disappointed Hoos is gone, how fun would that have been today.

To Bleeding, I think these 2 teams are very similar. Both strong run teams who also stop the run. The game will be about the air attack. EV played last year against a Sherando LB who went to Penn State and did ok against him, I'm sure they will plan for that. We have also had to tackle very big athletes this year and last, so that won't be new to EV (no none of those kids played in the 804, I can just hear that coming). The speed is what is hard to judge on film, but we have fast kids too. I think the teams QB that plays the best wins this game, and on paper, that probably looks like the other Pope kid has the edge on our kid. But our kid is an unknown in a game like this. We always look at the unknown as it is a weakness, but who knows, this kid might just thrive in that atmosphere. Wouldn't that be something.

It is what it is...

That said, to just about anyone paying attention, Dinwiddie is the clear favorite. For no other reason than they've been battle-tested.

No offense EV fans...but when the best team you've played is Courtland....not much else to say.

It's not just about area code either. Dinwiddie has played larger schools and defeated them handily. EV's rolled thru a collection of schools the same size or smaller...none of whom were very good this season.

I fully expect to see a Monacan @ Dinwiddie matchup in 2 weeks. Nothing against Louisa or EV...but these two have been on a collision course all season in this region. Personally, I'd be very surprised if we didn't see it...but you never know. And I'd be shocked if EV beat Dinwiddie. But...we know what opinions are like.

I'm not uncalm (yeah I made that word up). I am more amused than worked up. It's the same regardless of who's talking about whatever team. I find the banter of they play in this league so they get credit for that funny. I also enjoy when posters who pretend their opinion is fact participate in opinionated discussions then finish their write up with childish stuff like "truth hurts". I actually smiled when I read it, like that guy thinks he said something truthful vs something that he thinks is likely. Trust me I took a nap right after and the only thing that really got me worked up today, was when I was headed to the airport to fly to the Netherlands and found my passport was expired, now that bothered me and it was actual fact.
On a side note, I don't take anything any of you say personal, so please don't do that with what I say.. I simply use this board for amusement and it typically delivers. I'm really disappointed Hoos is gone, how fun would that have been today.

To Bleeding, I think these 2 teams are very similar. Both strong run teams who also stop the run. The game will be about the air attack. EV played last year against a Sherando LB who went to Penn State and did ok against him, I'm sure they will plan for that. We have also had to tackle very big athletes this year and last, so that won't be new to EV (no none of those kids played in the 804, I can just hear that coming). The speed is what is hard to judge on film, but we have fast kids too. I think the teams QB that plays the best wins this game, and on paper, that probably looks like the other Pope kid has the edge on our kid. But our kid is an unknown in a game like this. We always look at the unknown as it is a weakness, but who knows, this kid might just thrive in that atmosphere. Wouldn't that be something.

Ok, you know I've got to know. What the heck did you do about your passport? Just not go?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT