ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View 28 Chancellor 10

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
The Chargers started the game with an onside kick that they recovered. They promptly marched it down the field and stuck it in the end zone. They were able to get it close a second time and kicked a field goal. Other than that, they made one other trip close enough for a field goal attempt that missed. Eastern View had a game plan that was probably directed at the QB and his lack of experience. They blitzed …. and blitzed …. and blitzed! They brought everyone they possibly could. The result was shutting down the running game and keeping the QB off balance so the passing game was ineffective. After the first quarter it was all Eastern View. The Charger D played an awesome game and was able to stop EV multiple times. Once from inside the 1. But, by the middle of the third, they were tired! Very tired. And EV took control. It was interesting to see the EV QB play DB and sticking to the Charger 6'5" receiver like glue though.

I know things were going to be rough when I looked at the side lines before the game and saw 2 O Linemen, a receiver/DB and of course the starting QB not dressed out. Way too many starters out injured. But, the game was played today and you play with what you have today.

All in all the Chargers had a very good year. I am proud of how they improved from week to week and kept their heads in some very tough games. Regardless of what anyone thinks, it doesn't take much to look at the playoff lists and see which teams are there that the Chargers had to play this year to see they had a very tough schedule. They fought for every game they won. The bad news is their season is over and a chunk of seniors have played their last game. The good news is there is a larger chunk of this team that are Juniors and Sophomores with more coming up that you get to see again! The future looks bright off Harrison Road.

I read that there may have been a Charger parent or two get mouthy after the game. I cannot and will not apologize for their actions. Thats all on them. I will say this, every team out there has that "10 %" club on both ends of the spectrum. I don't, and hope no one else holds the majority in view of the 10% on the lower end. Over the 16 seasons I have watched football in Virginia, I have heard it from many fans from many schools I've visited. Sometimes parents need more lessons in sportsmanship than the kids. I did not hang around after the game and didn't hear anything that was said, but trust me, I can make an educated guess and not be surprised. Rest assured, 90% of the Charger fans are positive and support the team and coaching staff 100%. That other 10% …. well, their kids will graduate and they'll move on.

Congratulations to Eastern View. You have a very tough draw next week!!!!!

Reactions: OCBoy
Very well said. And the person running the mouth was the guy in the Dallas cowboy jacket standing and beating on the bleachers on the far side of the bleachers. Other chancellor fans were very disappointed stuff was said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT