ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Huguenot

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Just for EV to play meaningless Culpeper at home as a make up game from tonight’s game. It appears they want that gate money over a good opponent vs Huguenot.

Reactions: edwinanderson2nd
Wow, I find it hard to believe that EV and Culpeper couldn’t be played between tomorrow, Saturday or Monday. Is choosing to drop a team in favor of playing another considered a forfeit?
Absolutely! Thought the same thing.

Absolutely! Thought the same thing.
Also seems like the decision was made pretty fast as well. The post on Twitter was a little before 9pm. I imagine the decision was made well before that with time to make Huguenot officials aware. Hard to believe all other options were exhausted prior to cancellation. Not too familiar with the EV/Culpeper rivalry. All I know is the schools are only separated by about 10 minutes. So I imagine EV was set to get a pretty large gate. Seems like they wanted to avoid Labor Day travel to ensure that they got the numbers they expected. All in all, a terrible reason to cancel a game with some many end of season implications.

Reactions: OCBoy
It sucks for Huguenot and EV. That was possibly a huge point game for both teams. That's exactly why in most years EV spends their playoff lives on the road. Just not fair to the kids period. Huguenot should force them to reschedule. I really enjoyed last year's EV team and thought they had a real shot at a regional final or final four.

Last edited:
EV pulled a coward move. Fwiw, not many coaches respect their new staff and program and I see why. Shame on them for not respecting the game. I hope KG puts up 70 on them. I say KG cause that’s the first opponent they’ll play hitting on a darn before playoffs.
I didn't think this had much to do with the EV football program. I thought it was AD led. The Cpep vs EV game is a huge money maker for the athletic department. I'm glad they were able to work it out.

Huguenot up 13-0. Former Varina QB Linwood Johnson with a touchdown run and pass.

EV looked like they were gonna fold early but had a good 2nd Quarter. 13-13. Huguenot curiously switched QBs after a 13 point 1st quarter.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
That was a nice 60 yard strike from Hull to Clatterbaugh. Didn't respect #34's speed.

@GoBlue2109 it looks like Johnson is rotating with the coaches son. Johnson has been part of all three td's. Very odd.
It frustrates me because he's a Varina kid and they didn't give him a great chance there when he clearly showed he had the ability. And now the offense is better with him so far and they have him splitting time with a freshman.

I haven’t seen #4 in at all but I could have missed it, been watching college also haha

4 TDs from Johnson today. Very athletic on the outsides for Huguenot. The defense had some holes in it that EV didn't capitalize.

EV isn't bad but they don't have the overall to make up for some of the breakdowns they had. Assuming they tighten the screws on some things they will be tough come playoff time. Not a real contender but could possibly win their 1st round game if they get the right matchup.

I believe that Huguenot made a huge early season statement with the way they won today. Not sure if 2 games in 5 days played a part in the way EV looked but I assumed the game would be much closer. Love how they responded to that early 13-0 push from the Falcons but it was just too much to overcome in the 3rd quarter.

If Huguenot can get past Powhatan they have a real chance to finish 10-0 along with Dinwiddie if they can get past Maury, even with Matoaca and Dale looking good thus far I still give Dalton and crew the slight edge in both games.

Can’t imagine EV would be excited to make the return trip to Richmond or Dinwiddie County. In November.

I believe that Huguenot made a huge early season statement with the way they won today. Not sure if 2 games in 5 days played a part in the way EV looked but I assumed the game would be much closer. Love how they responded to that early 13-0 push from the Falcons but it was just too much to overcome in the 3rd quarter.

If Huguenot can get past Powhatan they have a real chance to finish 10-0 along with Dinwiddie if they can get past Maury, even with Matoaca and Dale looking good thus far I still give Dalton and crew the slight edge in both games.

Can’t imagine EV would be excited to make the return trip to Richmond or Dinwiddie County.
Yeah, EV didn't put their best foot forward. To me, they haven't looked right this year. It was close until the 3rd quarter and then I think injuries to key guys took a toll and I think EV just wasn't ready for the moment. They weren't ready to play today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT