ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View is now 10 years old...

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
And has only had one losing season, and it wasn't the first year open. The rest were 5-5 or better. Man time flies. I remember them opening like it was yesterday, and they became an instant rival.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
And has only had one losing season, and it wasn't the first year open. The rest were 5-5 or better. Man time flies. I remember them opening like it was yesterday, and they became an instant rival.
I think year by year they get better and better. Those kids are committed to the weight room. If Hatfield and co can keep a good defense with his offense they could seriously get there one day

I think year by year they get better and better. Those kids are committed to the weight room. If Hatfield and co can keep a good defense with his offense they could seriously get there one day
OC Boy , how is the back that had a serious injury two years ago? He seemed so talented .

I haven’t really heard. There was an article in the newspaper last year I believe. He had some serious nerve damage where I think put him in retirement unfortunately

I read that he was trying to get back to playing football but it was doubtful, but otherwise he was living an normal productive life.

One thing that helps the View is in Culpeper country you have a choice no matter where you live in Culpeper country you have a choice when you become a freshman to attend either school! So when EV was built it was a new school and those kids wanted to attend the new school rather than old Culpeper! The better athletes went to the View and built good sports programs and Culpeper got hurt and still have not recovered! So giving ninth graders a choice of schools has benefited EV!

One thing that helps the View is in Culpeper country you have a choice no matter where you live in Culpeper country you have a choice when you become a freshman to attend either school! So when EV was built it was a new school and those kids wanted to attend the new school rather than old Culpeper! The better athletes went to the View and built good sports programs and Culpeper got hurt and still have not recovered! So giving ninth graders a choice of schools has benefited EV!
That system seems to stack the deck in favor of Eastern View. I've heard of this from REC league ball. Have 2 teams- Team A with the best players, Team B with what's left. This sounds like a similar system, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not to mention Coach Hatfield switching from Culpeper to EV too, the best players followed.
Well not necessarily. He coached on Culpeper’s state championship team and comes from the Lou Sorrentino coaching tree. He went to Central Woodstock then Fauquier before going to EV

I might agree with that for the first couple/few years that EV was open. I don't buy that theory since about 2012 moving forward. Culpeper has the athletes to be a winning football team, especially at the 3A level. If you swapped the infrastructure between the 2 schools, the athletic successes would follow. If you made 2 or 3 pointed changes at Culpeper, they would be very successful, IMO.

I might agree with that for the first couple/few years that EV was open. I don't buy that theory since about 2012 moving forward. Culpeper has the athletes to be a winning football team, especially at the 3A level. If you swapped the infrastructure between the 2 schools, the athletic successes would follow. If you made 2 or 3 pointed changes at Culpeper, they would be very successful, IMO.
I would agree with that , he is past the couple of years of getting players from Culpepper . This is his team , and he has built a outstanding one.

Hatfield won’t leave anytime soon if at all. I look for him to be a top 5 coach in the state before he retires

ADVERTISEMENT