ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

Im not sure who wins this game as both are sound football teams. Neither teams defense gives up much, so you would think it would be a scoring game?????

In my opinion EV will not be able to run on Louisas front 7; however, that does not mean they cant move the ball. The Cyclone line must pick up the Lions blitzes and force Louisa to defend short quick hitting pass plays. Louisas secondary is quick and improved. As good Lowry is they must use screens, dumps to the backs and slants thrown back to where the blitz is coming from to keep the Lions out of full attack mode. The Lions aggressiveness and pursuit can be used against them. EV just has to figure out how.

Offensively, Louisa is more versatile and unpredictable this year. Hunter has been super man all season. EV can slow down Louisa's run game with their size, but the linebackers must make tackles. The key to beating Louisa remains the same though a bit more difficult. Put them in third and long situations. EV's secondary has not been tested all year and how the respond may be the key in this game. This game is a nail biter. Weather just may determine the winner.

I am going with Louisa. Lions will surprise the cyclones and roll. Will Patrick is the best coach in the JD and region. He is building a dynasty. Louisa wins 42-28. Too much Louisa offense.
On a side note watch out for the Western Albemarle Warriors. They may make a run in the playoffs.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Talk about a clash of the titans... Two behemoth 11-0 squads. I'll take Louisa in a tight game. I think Louisa... like Salem, just plays a great brand of football. I'll add some more color later.

I know that many of the EV/Orange players know each other from other activities. Does anyone know if the EV/Louisa players know each other in that way?

I am going with Louisa. Lions will surprise the cyclones and roll. Will Patrick is the best coach in the JD and region. He is building a dynasty. Louisa wins 42-28. Too much Louisa offense.
On a side note watch out for the Western Albemarle Warriors. They may make a run in the playoffs.

This will be Patrick's first big test. Hatfield is damn good too. Both teams are facing their toughest opponent of the season by a good bit. I'm very excited to come watch this one as we play EV in the regular season next year. Lot of respect for both programs.

Western will have thier hands full with my alma mater, Liberty, this week. If they do get by Liberty, I don't think they've got anything for Heritage. The Jefferson and Seminole are two different animals.

Im not sure who wins this game as both are sound football teams. Neither teams defense gives up much, so you would think it would be a scoring game?????

In my opinion EV will not be able to run on Louisas front 7; however, that does not mean they cant move the ball. The Cyclone line must pick up the Lions blitzes and force Louisa to defend short quick hitting pass plays. Louisas secondary is quick and improved. As good Lowry is they must use screens, dumps to the backs and slants thrown back to where the blitz is coming from to keep the Lions out of full attack mode. The Lions aggressiveness and pursuit can be used against them. EV just has to figure out how.

Offensively, Louisa is more versatile and unpredictable this year. Hunter has been super man all season. EV can slow down Louisa's run game with their size, but the linebackers must make tackles. The key to beating Louisa remains the same though a bit more difficult. Put them in third and long situations. EV's secondary has not been tested all year and how the respond may be the key in this game. This game is a nail biter. Weather just may determine the winner.

Is this years Louisa defense better than the Generals defense that EV's Lowery faced last season? I was there and he held his own without much of a running game and with Pope being all over the place on defense. Just from what I seen on some film of EV, Lowery looks better and Improved. Who is the best Qb the Lions faced this year?

Also is Louisa Qb that good that he will have a field day on EV secondary? I figure the Lions to try to run more than throw against EV.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Undefeated teams meet again on this side of the bracket, looks to be an exhilarating game

Is this years Louisa defense better than the Generals defense that EV's Lowery faced last season? I was there and he held his own without much of a running game and with Pope being all over the place on defense. Just from what I seen on some film of EV, Lowery looks better and Improved. Who is the best Qb the Lions faced this year?

Also is Louisa Qb that good that he will have a field day on EV secondary? I figure the Lions to try to run more than throw against EV.
Louisa guys should know better, but I think Pope is more of an inside linebacker and Smith more outside. Both excellent.

Louisa won’t have enough offense to score with EV. They have been slowed down by teams worse than EV. I have it something like 35-17 EV

Reactions: OCBoy
Isn’t majority of Louisa’s line and defense different from last year?

Common Opponents:

Eastern View beat Orange County 49-14 (+35)
Louisa beat Orange County 36-12 (+24)

Eastern View beat Courtland 42-14 (+28)
Louisa beat Courtland 35-0 (+35)

Eastern View beat Chancellor 42-7 (+35)
Louisa beat Chancellor 45-20 (+25)

Eastern View beat King George 55-6 (+39)
Louisa beat King George 42-12 (+30)

As you can see, the margins of victory are pretty close, though Eastern View holds the edge.

The VHSL reference gives Louisa a 54% chance of victory, mostly because the game is in Mineral.

Calpreps gives a score of 34-27 Eastern View on a neutral field.

This all shows the making of a great game. I'd say Louisa's SOS is better, they had Western Albemarle and Fluvanna on their slate while the best team Eastern View has played thus far is Courtland (although Midlothian was good too).

That all being said, I'll stick with my JD ties and go with
Louisa 28 Eastern View 21

Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:
I have EV in a blowout.

A blowout? Not being argumentative and if that’s what you feel I respect it... just curious why are you so confident this will be a one sided affair? Louisa not that good? EV just head and shoulders above the rest of class 4? Louisa is 11-0 and has won most games with balance and in dominating fashion. Why do you think it will be a blowout?

Reactions: SFUWO and 1Gensfan
Common Opponents:

Eastern View beat Orange County 49-14 (+25)

As you can see, the margins of victory are pretty close, though Eastern View holds the edge.

The VHSL reference gives Louisa a 54% chance of victory, mostly because the game is in Mineral.

This all shows the making of a great game. I'd say Louisa's SOS is better, they had Western Albemarle and Fluvanna on their slate while the best team Eastern View has played thus far is Courtland (although Midlothian was good too).

Good luck to both teams.
Doesn’t really matter, but EV beat Orange by 35

Common Opponents:

Eastern View beat Orange County 49-14 (+25)

Good luck to both teams.
Good stats but what it doesn’t show is Louisa playing these teams close for a while where EV blew them out and had backups in with running clock.

Good stats but what it doesn’t show is Louisa playing these teams close for a while where EV blew them out and had backups in with running clock.
I agree, we felt we were in the Louisa game until the 3rd quarter. EV had us beat half way through the 1st quarter and called the dogs off quickly. They could have put 100 on us. They are just on different levels. Again, it is all about matchups, it will be interesting to see how they matchup. It could be a good game, or an easy win for EV.

Went back and checked the scores: Louisa 14 KG 0 after 3 quarters
EV 48 KG 0 at the half

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy
A blowout? Not being argumentative and if that’s what you feel I respect it... just curious why are you so confident this will be a one sided affair? Louisa not that good? EV just head and shoulders above the rest of class 4? Louisa is 11-0 and has won most games with balance and in dominating fashion. Why do you think it will be a blowout?
By the way they handled midlothian, a team that beat the number 2 seed monocan.

That means nothing. It’s all about matchups when it comes to the playoffs. Even though I believe Eastern View can beat Louisa funnier things have happened. Look what happened at Dinwiddie last year when EV went up 19-3 or something similar and lost on a last second field goal. Eastern View has to be focused and eliminate unnecessary penalties before people on here talk about beating Louisa. EV is their own worst enemy.

Yes a mighty accomplishment.. Crown EV now! What does that have to do with the Louisa game? Bc Midlo beat Monacan and you beat Midlo... means EV will blow out Louisa? We shall soon see.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Gensfan
I will take this one...up front (on both sides of the ball) EV is much better than Louisa. Their defense overall is better than Louisa's. Louisa has the better running back, EV has the better QB. They both have good LBs, but nothing compares to Brandon... although #7 for EV is a beast. EV has an outstanding secondary. I don't think it will be a blowout, but think EV wins comfortably...2-3 score difference. If I had to guess EV will jump out to a 2-3 score lead early and then withstand whatever Louisa throws at them after that. Louisa will struggle to run or throw while I think EV will be able to consistently move the ball and score points.

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
I will take this one...up front (on both sides of the ball) EV is much better than Louisa. Their defense overall is better than Louisa's. Louisa has the better running back, EV has the better QB. They both have good LBs, but nothing compares to Brandon... although #7 for EV is a beast. EV has an outstanding secondary. I don't think it will be a blowout, but think EV wins comfortably...2-3 score difference. If I had to guess EV will jump out to a 2-3 score lead early and then withstand whatever Louisa throws at them after that. Louisa will struggle to run or throw while I think EV will be able to consistently move the ball and score points.

I can respect that. Never seen EV myself but I do believe Louisa is a good squad. Just hard to imagine that a team with Brandon Smith would get blown out. Glad you agree that won't happen. A close game is what I expect, I still lean towards Louisa bc I like ball control teams in close games.

Reactions: FoxesPride
I can respect that. Never seen EV myself but I do believe Louisa is a good squad. Just hard to imagine that a team with Brandon Smith would get blown out. Glad you agree that won't happen. A close game is what I expect, I still lean towards Louisa bc I like ball control teams in close games.
EV probably would have been ball control against us...but had 5 TD drives of 2 or less plays! They're explosive and physical...damn scary. Can't wait to see what happens. I hope it's a good game and will be rooting for a fellow Battlefielder. If it turns out to be lopsided it will be more about EV's defense not Brandon. Good luck to both teams!

Saw Chancellor play both. Would be shocked if Louisa QB is effective throwing. Chancellor runs triple with the horse fullback (Scott) singlehandedly making everyone else effective (QB, HB)but they have a very good spread QB(had returned to Chancellor after a year in ffx) who never saw field this season at QB due to commitment to running triple.

Louisa had to go wildcat in 2nd half vs Chancellor to ensure the cushion they had built up early in game stayed where it did.

Left Louisa game thinking there was a kid on their opponents roster who would have had the cannons blasting a few more times at least, had he suited up/thrown ball for Lions

Left the EV game realizing a seriously effective passing game will be needed by Louisa to loosen the field up some in a playoff meeting down the road

Not sure that’s possible unless lots of busted plays, mistakes on part of EV defense appear for first time this season

I still think Louisa will run a bit but my guess is an EV victory in hand by end of 3rd qtr.

But I will say both teams are outstanding and if coaches aren’t willing to renew the regular season rivalry, then it should be completely taken out of their hands and forced upon them. These two are too good to avoid that. Each needs to drop a weaker team from schedule and get back to business!

Yes a mighty accomplishment.. Crown EV now! What does that have to do with the Louisa game? Bc Midlo beat Monacan and you beat Midlo... means EV will blow out Louisa? We shall soon see.
Has absolutely nothing to do with louisa game and i mean no disrespect towards louisa. I really have no dog in this fight. I live in colorado but have family in Virginia so keep an eye on what happens in high school football as i went to high school there. My dad is from culpeper and my mom from louisa. So i do have interest in the game. I just feel that with the ease that ev handled midlothian who beat monocan that this game wont really be close. Just my opinion.

Reactions: mbonape1
Well, I'm a parent of an EV player so I'm sure some will call bias or whatever... But frfr.... Obviously I've seen EV play every game this year and I've only seen highlights or video about Louisa and heard stuff... Both EV and Louisa r solid teams all around with some major playmakers and both with great coaching! I most definitely believe this will be the biggest competition for EV this year and I plan on it being a good game. Y'all know as well I do no matter what, anything can happen on any given night and depends on many factors. I hope EV stay focused and run out the gate from the beginning, if not, all betta keep head in the game mentally and move on and do their thing. Turnovers, penalties, etc I pray r not a factor but can and have cost a game (i.e. dinwiddie, last year), etc but I'm optimistic and believe that EV will most definitely win... I'm saying by 2-3TD.. Let the dogs fight and whoever more hungry gonna grub out and move on.....I think EV starving and ready to rip and I hope they do!! I pray that no one on either team gets hurt next week and I hope everyone sees what they have been waiting for..

Great thread guys. Opinions and replays the way they should be on here.

Bulldog, I wouldn't read too much into Midlothian's win over Monacan. I think it was more of a fluke than anything else. I will say that this was the best Midlothian team in a long time. But, I think it was more of "Monacan lost the game" than "Midlothian won it", if that makes sense? Monacan has the talent to have won that game.

Midlothian showed themselves well in the early part of the game last night at EV, but they were significantly overmatched. EV just simply has more and deeper talent.

So, what does all this mean about EV at Louisa? Damned if I know, other than it's about the most noteworthy matchup in the state next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT