ADVERTISEMENT

EC Glass vs Dinwiddie Scrimmage

Lyhsports, It will be a good measuring stick for all parties involved. All three teams have visions of an extended season, so although the offenses will be somewhat bland we should see some headknocking.

Lord Botetourt cancelled. They will not be in attendance at City Stadium Saturday. They will instead scrimmage Charlottesville.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
@VolNation85 and @lyhsports, The Dinwiddie faithful look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Not sure how our youthful Generals will do against the Hilltoppers, but they are excited about the challenge.

I think the Dinwiddie offense versus the Glass defense could be a very interesting battle. The opposite is where I have concerns. Our front seven is brand new and surely wet behind the ears. The next two weeks challenges (Glass, LC Bird and Henrico scrimmages) will hopefully lead to a speedy maturation process. See you in the a.m.

@VolNation85 and @lyhsports, The Dinwiddie faithful look forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Not sure how our youthful Generals will do against the Hilltoppers, but they are excited about the challenge.

I think the Dinwiddie offense versus the Glass defense could be a very interesting battle. The opposite is where I have concerns. Our front seven is brand new and surely wet behind the ears. The next two weeks challenges (Glass, LC Bird and Henrico scrimmages) will hopefully lead to a speedy maturation process. See you in the a.m.

Definitely look forward to meeting you all tomorrow. It will be a great scrimmage!

Favor to Charlottesville to help them out

We appreciate the hospitality. Harless, Rice and the whole staff are class acts. The football team is tough as nails. Fundamentally sound and pushed us around most of the day. Gave us that work. We will have great film session come monday and get better from it. Good Luck to you guys this year!

Glass, scored on a long run in second posession and looks sound on offense. Dinwiddie has moved the ball a bit on inside runs and dump passes, but have stalled twice at the 15. Each team had 15-20 plays per possession.

Kendrick and Foster playing well for Glass. Dalton running well and Edwards has been a total menace on defense for Dinwiddie.

As predicted Dinwiddie inexperienced defense is struggling with reads.

Dinwiddie has a lot of work to do. I gave them an overall score of "C".

Glass looked good. I gave them an overall score of a "B".

It was great seeing OneMan and meeting Panther80ram for the first time. I was telling Navy on the ride home that I enjoy the people I get to meet, the friendships that develop, and just the general camaraderie at high school football games/events, as much as I enjoy the football.

Thank you to Lynchburg for hosting the scrimmage today. Best wishes to EC Glass, and to my buddy OneMan's Black Knights for a safe and successful season.

Last edited:
Dinwiddie has a lot of work to do. I gave them an overall score of "C".

Glass looked good. I gave them an overall score of a "B".

It was great seeing OneMan and meeting Panther80ram for the first time. I was telling Navy on the ride home that I enjoy the people I get to meet, the friendships that develop, and just the general camaraderie at high school football games/events, as much as I enjoy the football.

Thank you to Lynchburg for hosting the scrimmage today. Best wishes to EC Glass, and to my buddy OneMan's Black Knights for a safe and successful season.

There is not much to debate with this post. Lynchburg has a stadium to be proud of and everyone involved was super kind. Brought back a lot of fond memories being back in City Stadium.

EC Glass has a fun offense to watch and Kendrick runs the read option to perfection. Both teams linebackers struggled to make stops, but the interior line play was sound.

Dinwiddie's receiving corp struggled without two starters, but there is no excuse for poor route running. If you do not run routes sharp you arent going to get open and Glass covered well. Dinwiddie's youth will either kill me or drive me nuts before the end of the season. Praying for improvement next week.

I too enjoyed meeting new prep posters and seeing familar ones. Good luck to EC Glass and Oneman and keep grinding. Did you get your artist friend some ice cream?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT