ADVERTISEMENT

Effect of 12 4A Teams

tommythecpa

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jun 19, 2001
Four schools with winning records got cut. All had higher ratings points than 13-16 in the 4A East.

4A East chose their path; 4A West decided to go another route.

We are Virginians, we don't always march to the same drummer.

Everybody whining on this board about the 4A West playoff format needs to talk to their AD & Principal and lobby them to lobby the other 4A West ADs and Principals to their preferred method the next time the playoff formats get voted on.

It is that simple.

OR you can win some more games OR you can schedule your games more wisely.

The 4A West ADs and Principals did what they thought was best for their athletes and communities.

Ha ha win more games....They did not do what was best for any community or any family. The did what was best to pocket and or save $$$.

4A East chose their path; 4A West decided to go another route.

We are Virginians, we don't always march to the same drummer.

Everybody whining on this board about the 4A West playoff format needs to talk to their AD & Principal and lobby them to lobby the other 4A West ADs and Principals to their preferred method the next time the playoff formats get voted on.

It is that simple.

OR you can win some more games OR you can schedule your games more wisely.

The 4A West ADs and Principals did what they thought was best for their athletes and communities.

Reactions: one man
You are welcome to your opinion; however you question the integrity of my AD and my principal at your peril.

Whiners are going to whine...

Yes I question all of the integrity of folks involved in the vote. What I do not question is the motive. $$$

Of course money had something to do with it. Why is that a problem? Schools aren't a cash cow. More and more gets placed on our public educational institutions and teachers keep doing more with less. It's a double edged sword. Do your job well and public says you didn't need the $, don't do well and public says why should we give you $? The police you see at games cost about $100 each, officials for a football game cost over $550 for regular season, gate keepers, time keepers, other security, travel... Then football uses that revenue to pay for everything non revenue sport with the same amount of costs involved and less than a quarter of the revenue.

Ha ha win more games....They did not do what was best for any community or any family. The did what was best to pocket and or save $$$.
Many would say doing what is best to pocket/save $$$ is what's best for the community.....not everyone loves football

4A East has the correct format. The old way when there were only 4 teams there were situation were 9-1 and 8-2 couldn't get in. Now that is taken care of and we complain about 5-5 and 6-4 not getting in? Look at how competitive at least on paper the matchups are in 4A West. Was I reading correct that 3-7 made the playoffs in 3A? Will Lake Taylor benefit more by playing a 4-6 team or resting for a week to heal up a little and getting their legs under them?

Here's one bracket in 3A East. Only 3 of the teams have a record above .500. Another 3 have losing records. The only good thing about it is 1 vs 8 are long time hated rivals and 6 could probably beat 3.

(8) Petersburg (2‐8) vs. (1) Hopewell (8‐2)
(7) Armstrong (2‐8) vs. (2) James Monroe (8‐2)
(6) Spotsylvania (3‐7) vs. (3) Brentsville District (6‐4)
(5) Culpeper Co (5‐5) vs. (4) Skyline (5‐5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT