ADVERTISEMENT

Essex Out...

From what I’m seeing on Facebook, a number of parents, players and couple of coaches that I know of are disappointed. This news is just starting to get around, so I’m sure the outrage will grow.

Just remember, THEY is the decision-makers, which is ultimately the Essex School Board.

that stinks for all those schools, they have great football programs, hope rhs still plays and that they allow fans

Reactions: uvacavs1
The way I understand it as of today (Jan. 29) attendance is limited to 2 guests per player. I have no idea if that includes the visiting team or how it will be enforced.

Reactions: Bama1985
i can somewhat see having 2 guests per player for indoor sports, but football should be able to have more since being outside and u have room to spread out

Just to add some positive sports news to the conversation: I am proud to say:

Northumberland announced this week that Fall Sports will be played, including Football.

Volleyball, Golf, Cross Country, and Field Hockey will also be played. Sports will start practice around Feb. 15th.

I have read that the VHSL is also committed to working hard with schools to play sports and have schedules as full as possible.

Not sure how many schools will play the different sports. I am not an AD but hopefully schools that do decide to compete can contact each other to schedule games...

I was told a few weeks ago that Franklin was out also. Haven’t seen anything officially on them.

If a school division isn't playing games then its on the community to demand reconsideration. That said, if your community didn't demand that high school doors were opened last fall for at least a couple of days of hybrid or face to face learning then it probably doesn't have an ethical leg to stand on now. I'll say this too - if your kid plays a spring sport and his/her school isn't at least attempting to start football then you better get loud now. Silence is taken as acceptance.

Reactions: oldfool2
I think the entire Tri-Rivers District is out. So is Cumberland. Not sure about Central Lunenburg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT