ADVERTISEMENT

Essex

Chilwar25

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 20, 2010
I have seen Essex at the top of most polls all season. How good is Essex this year?

Must not be that many folks from Essex out there. Just wondering if that BIG 7 foot guy is playing college ball?

They are fast, I think they will make it back to Salem, and they need to win this one.When you have the ball you better score because they are going to.

He is is playing for Fairmont State in West Virginia. But Essex is just a sound football team. They have speed, size, and great coaching, They also can score on all three sides. They didn't play anyone in 1a in non-district games and lost only to 3a James Monroe. In districts they have blew through everyone so far, this week might be their toughest district game in Rappahannock.

I have been seeing Essex in 1,2,3 in the polls all season. Just wondering how you guys feel about returning to Salem this year?

They should as long as they stay focused there is no one in the east that can match them, the west is there biggest competition.

Hey Bravesfan, I had overlooked Riverheads. They ( Riverheads ) have been right there in the East, just plowing over everyone. Have Essex and Riverheads played a common opponent this year?

Tonight will set the field. The Rappahannock Raiders are coming in with 7-2 with dual losses to W&L this season. They have solid players and some D-1 prospects for Essex to content with. This is their Senior night and they WILL BE fired up. Their coaching staff was quoted in the paper as the team to upset Essex. As of this minute, Essex is ranked #1 in VHSL, however all Riverheads and Essex can do is play their game tonight and let the points fall where they may. Essex at 26.3333 and Riverheads at 26.2222 and will be watching previous opponents outcomes to see who ends up on top. Either way, they bot get a bye if they win out, but it will be close. Hopefully the points gurus will keep everyone updated tomorrow. The player in question is Dondre Harris with Fairmont State, Essex has a few others playing college ball this season as well. The JV team won the NND title Wednesday with a 5-0 record in the conference and 7-3 overall with losses all to teams of 3A or higher.

Essex coasts in this one. Rapp isn't very good despite their record. They lost twice to a down W&L team, only team with a winning record is Lancaster who got their wins vs. the weak tidewater teams. I saw Rapp play W&L and I didn't see any D1 players. Essex & Riverheads will meet in state championship.

They should as long as they stay focused there is no one in the east that can match them, the west is there biggest competition.

Other than GW and possibly JI burton the west in 1A is charmin soft... compared to the good 2A teams they have.

at least 7 of the top 10 teams reside in the east.

Other than GW and possibly JI burton the west in 1A is charmin soft... compared to the good 2A teams they have.

at least 7 of the top 10 teams reside in the east.

This might be the dumbest thing you have said yet, but in a few weeks your lack of knowledge will shine through. I'm not saying that Essex and Riverheads won't meet in the championship because that is very likely but you can't compare 1a teams in the west to 2a west teams that's just dumb. Also 7 of the top 10 do not reside in the east no way!

It's comparing there relative strength to similar teams in the same division

So it's ok to say 2A west is stronger than 2A east
but I can't say 1A east is stringer than 1A west

People from SWVA crack me up with their delusions

Essex coasts in this one. Rapp isn't very good despite their record. They lost twice to a down W&L team, only team with a winning record is Lancaster who got their wins vs. the weak tidewater teams. I saw Rapp play W&L and I didn't see any D1 players. Essex & Riverheads will meet in state championship.
Just wondering, but if Essex is so great & W&L is so called down, why did Essex Offense only manage to score 2 offensive TDs?

They did shut them out. W&L is down, there best players are playing for different schools. If I remember correctly, W&L tried to control the ball & clock (I think Essex only had 7 or 8 possessions). Are you a NND analyst or homer? If you have seen Rapp play anybody win or lose and think they anything more than mediocre than you are mistaken. I made a prediction, don't get all worked up. If Rapp or W&L played Essex out of district schedule they lose every game by a bunch. You defend Rapp all the time, I get it. I've seen them play and don't think there is anything special about them. Sorry.

Defend Rapp? Never defended Rapp just give my opinion. I'm actually defending W&L in my post. W&L is not down, I see you didnt mention that W&L was without there starting Qb vs Essex last wk. You dont know the situation of teams in this area like I do. Your funny to read tho

It's comparing there relative strength to similar teams in the same division

So it's ok to say 2A west is stronger than 2A east
but I can't say 1A east is stringer than 1A west

People from SWVA crack me up with their delusions

If I remember correctly I don't think anybody in the 1a fall has said anything about 2a west or east considering this is the 1a board! So your the one with delusions. So state your facts that 1a east is better overall than west let's hear it?

The D1 prospect for Rappahannock is OL/DL Anthony Darby 6'4" 290lbs. As for the Essex/W&L game, they always seem to play close games. W&L is improved this year over last year. Even since the Benifit game with Essex, they have stepped it up some. Last years meeting it was just 28-7 Essex, this year 22-0. In 2013 it was 15-9 Essex. Essex controlled the clock this year by running the ball mostly (40 times, 284yards) possession 28:04.

Funny but correct. I saw w&l play last year and this year, last year they were a lot better without question. Rapp was as good vs. Essex as advertised.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT