ADVERTISEMENT

EV vs Culpeper

86CulpGrad

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
So EV opened in 2008...this will be season 17. Culpeper has NEVER beaten EV in football. I think a few times they played each other twice in the same season. I'm sure there are longer streaks, but that's pretty bad for cross-town rivals that are basically the same size regardless of classification.

I have to imagine this is a result of program culture and how the county draws up the district lines. Even though both schools have, say, 1200 students to draw from, that doesn't mean they have the same number of students who are interested in playing football.

A similar discrepancy exists between Sherando and James Wood, two Frederick County teams. James Wood has only beaten Sherando a few times over a 30 year period. Wood has gotten a couple wins lately though I would put that down more to Sherando declining than JW suddenly putting things together given the lack of success the Frederick County schools have had at the regional and state level in recent years. But despite that the two have had a ton of close games. Has EV dominated Culpeper on the scoreboard too or just in outright W/L?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So EV opened in 2008...this will be season 17. Culpeper has NEVER beaten EV in football. I think a few times they played each other twice in the same season. I'm sure there are longer streaks, but that's pretty bad for cross-town rivals that are basically the same size regardless of classification.
Hidden valley has never beaten salem in 21 years

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I have to imagine this is a result of program culture and how the county draws up the district lines. Even though both schools have, say, 1200 students to draw from, that doesn't mean they have the same number of students who are interested in playing football.

A similar discrepancy exists between Sherando and James Wood, two Frederick County teams. James Wood has only beaten Sherando a few times over a 30 year period. Wood has gotten a couple wins lately though I would put that down more to Sherando declining than JW suddenly putting things together given the lack of success the Frederick County schools have had at the regional and state level in recent years. But despite that the two have had a ton of close games. Has EV dominated Culpeper on the scoreboard too or just in outright W/L?
Eastern View has pretty much dominated on the scoreboard as well. There was one very close game within the first couple years...I think it was a 1-point game and CCHS probably should've won but couldn't take advantage of EV miscues. I really don't think the athletic ability is too far off. I think it's coaching more than anything else. CCHS needs to either get a veteran coach with a history of success or turn it over to a young guy that's hungry. Many times they have just put a coach in place with a history of losing. I guess you can only pick from the ones that apply though.

No disrespect, but not impressed with EV at all. Still very lackadaisical (zero sense of urgency) and tries to too hard to be “too pretty”. Definitely have some very nice looking athletes. Look unorganized like a rec league team.

No disrespect, but not impressed with EV at all. Still very lackadaisical (zero sense of urgency) and tries to too hard to be “too pretty”. Definitely have some very nice looking athletes. Look unorganized like a rec league team.
You eluded to the problem in an earlier post but I won’t call it out

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
A good, heathy rivalry that’s that local is always great. Culpeper was really good at basketball but like previously stated once EV established itself with Thornhill it was all downhill. EV is a little bigger which doesn’t help.

If it makes anyone feel any better I’m pretty sure Charlottesville (not like they have a good history anyways) hasn’t beaten Albemarle in football since 2001. Another one that comes to mind: Loudoun Valley beat Woodgrove the year Woodgrove opened (like 2010 or so) and hasn’t won since. Crazy.

West Point last beat King William in like 1999. I attended the most recent close game. Pointers didn’t get it done. The drought continues and it seems unlikely to change anytime soon.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Prince George has beaten Matoaca only once since 1990, and that was during a Covid year in 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT