ADVERTISEMENT

Fans blowing whistles

Depends on the sport. In indoor sports I believe there is an actual rule against whistles and other artificial noisemakers (not 100% sure, but I think so).

No such rule in football but any decent game administrator would put a stop to it real quick.

Depends on the sport. In indoor sports I believe there is an actual rule against whistles and other artificial noisemakers (not 100% sure, but I think so).

No such rule in football but any decent game administrator would put a stop to it real quick.
I think this issue came up last year at a football playoff game. Players heard a whistle and stopped playing thus a td was scored. I politely asked a fan of our team not to use his anymore.

LOL, our former Marine AD stays on the sidelin 95% of the game, and the Deputy in charge of security, (also former Military), stays in the press booth. I think if someone in the stands was stupid enough to blow a whistle, they would regret it instantly.

As a side note, we rarely have any problems at our games, but we are very fortunate in another aspect. Most of the Sheriff's Department is in attendance at our games. The ones that are not working, are there as fans. And diehard fans at that. Somebody does something to disrupt their enjoyment of the game would draw their attention pretty darn fast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT