ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites from each region??

AnyGivenFriday1969

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2022
Early picks for favorites to come out of each Region?
Region A: TJ
Region B: Luray/Buckingham
Region C: Radford/Appo
Region D: Graham

Any different opinions or sleeper picks? Anyone I'm overlooking?
I've seen all of these teams play along with the majority of top teams in each region

Region A: King William, TJ or Poquoson
Region B: Luray, Woodstock, Strasburg, Buckingham
Region C: Radford, Appomattox, Martinsville.
Region D: Graham or Ridgeview

Union in D and Glenvar in C can't be counted out. My top 2 for each region

Region A. King William and Poquoson over TJ at 3rd.

Region B. Luray and Woodstock over Strasburg at 3rd.

Region C. Radford and Glenvar over Martinsville and Appo tied at 3rd, even though Martinsville beat Glenvar, by game 11, I'm taking Glenvar as a threat to win the region.

Region D. Graham and Ridgeview over Union at 3rd.

Region A: Poquoson and King William

Region B: Luray

Region C: Radford and then Glenvar or Martinsville probably. Appomattox might sneak into the third spot.

Region D: Ridgeview or Graham

Region C. Radford and Glenvar over Martinsville and Appo tied at 3rd, even though Martinsville beat Glenvar, by game 11, I'm taking Glenvar as a threat to win the region.

I agree Fairlawn.

I would point out that Martinsville plays a lite harder schedule than Glenvar and I think the Dawgs will be a lot better at the end of the season. I would think that Radford is still 2 TDs better than Martinsville, Appo and Glenvar. All 4 are very good teams, I just think Radford is just that much better than everyone else.

Region A: Poquoson and King William

Region B: Luray

Region C: Radford and then Glenvar or Martinsville probably. Appomattox might sneak into the third spot.

Region D: Ridgeview or Graham
I’ll add that for region C, the “might” for Appo sneaking in as the third team in Region C might be a stretch.

I’ll add that for region C, the “might” for Appo sneaking in as the third team in Region C might be a stretch.
Yea Appo is good but they aren't "THE APPO". I've seen both Appo and Radford play in person and I would take Radford. I think Radford's D and skill kids are better than Appo and they have the best qb in the Region. The region will be tough but my pick is Radford.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
To be clear I wasn’t talking seeding. I’m asking who we think will make it out of each region in the playoffs to make the semi final. never count Appo out with their experienced coaching staff. They are liable to make a run as a 4 seed.

To be clear I wasn’t talking seeding. I’m asking who we think will make it out of each region in the playoffs to make the semi final. never count Appo out with their experienced coaching staff. They are liable to make a run as a 4 seed.
I get it. Just threw in some that could be in the mix.

Reactions: AnyGivenFriday1969
If going by who wins Regions. I'm going
Region A Poquoson, Region B Central Woodstock, Region C Glenvar, Region D Graham.

Region A Poquoson, Region B Central Woodstock, Region C Glenvar, Region D Graham.
I do not see Glenvar beating Martinsville or Radford this year. Both teams out skill Glenvar. Glenvar has a solid squad and an upset wouldn't surprise me, though. I thought the Cave Spring win for Glenvar showed us something, but after seeing Cave Spring play twice in the last couple of weeks...... I think Radford/Martinsville wins by 3-4 touchdowns easy over Cave.

I thought Radford would be very good this year after watching them play appo last season in appo but I don’t think Glenvar would want to play appo , how many good Glenvar teams has it been over the years that just could not get it done even being the no I seed , just last year I think too .

No buckingham in region B? Are you expecting them to lose again in reg season?
I'm interested to see result of ridgeview vs union this week
I thought King William graduated a bunch of kids last year, I haven't seen them play yet.

Woodstock only beat clarke 21-14..
Clarke got blown out 38-0 by Strasburg.. Why so high on Woodstock?
Radford, Martinsville (already beat Glenvar) and Appo would all be tough outs for Glenvar in C

Last edited:
reverse psychology, 🤣
Yeah Glenvar lost D1 talent and are supposed to be better and will be on the road vs Radford. I don’t know where these people stash is but it’s some good stuff. I have all season who can matchup with the WR core and the answer is not anyone. Yes they had a close game with Christiansburg but they made tons of mistakes and penalties and still found a way to win. It would take a A+ effort from Glenvar to get passed Radford and I just don’t see it.

Woodstock only beat clarke 21-14..
Clarke got blown out 38-0 by Strasburg.. Why so high on Woodstock?
Radford, Martinsville (already beat Glenvar) and Appo would all be tough outs for Glenvar in C
So as a Clarke fan I can say Clarke should not have lost to Central. Up 14 going to half and not scoring again left a lot to be desired. Strasburg came in and just beat us on offense and defense. We did lose Darlington in the 1st qtr to injury but the way strasburg was executing idk if he even played the entire game it would have mattered. Both teams are good but beatable. I haven't seen Luray play but reading articles they seem very good. I knew they would be good after seeing them last year and how many underclassmen they had playing. Now Clarke just went on the road to beat a 4A Lightridge team in loudoun without Darlington. They played very well and executed their game plan. Should be a good rest of the season

No buckingham in region B? Are you expecting them to lose again in reg season?
I'm interested to see result of ridgeview vs union this week
I thought King William graduated a bunch of kids last year, I haven't seen them play yet.
KW did graduate 15 seniors last year, but they also have a lot of players who played a lot last year. Last year they were an offensive juggernaut with two D1 players in the backfield. This year they're lead by their defense which has only allowed 3 offensive TDs in 5 games. Offensively, they've struggled some at times for various reasons, but they definitely have plenty of athletes and a physical line. They should be 5-0. They lead the Essex game the entire game until the last 1:25. They have 2 tough games in a row coming up against Norcom and Lafayette, both of who will be looking for revenge from last year. I do expect KW to be playing in the regional championship game and I think they still have the potential to be playing in Salem again this year.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
A little reverse psychology with Glenvar over Radford. I admit it, but there is something about Glenvar who seems to play perfect when we play them and we play a horrible game. Glenvar is good enough on the line to cause problems in the Region C playoffs.

I got Poquoson and KW over TJ in A because the first 2 have been there and done that. They are use to winning and I think that experience bumps em ahead of TJ.

Similar for Central W in B. I know Luray, Strasburg and maybe even BC have looked better, but Central has the experience of winning last year and when you have a solid OL and DL, the game gets shortened and teams like Central that are relying more on power seem to be very equipped come playoff time, and there's something about great lineplay in colder weather. All of a sudden, the wide open and spread offenses are often neutralized or find themselves in a battle with a run oriented power team. As the temperature drops, Central and a team like Poquoson, Union, and 2022 version of power running Graham seem to get better as the season goes on because offenses like this aren't as effected by the cold weather, and more wide open offenses are a little more prone to be effected by it.

Teams that can run the football well tend to win in the playoffs when it gets cold. Luray has a great rushing attack this year, Central can run it well. Could not find stats for those guys but Strasburg can run it well as well they have ran for 1320 yards on 141 carries in 5 games for a 9.3 YPC. Their defense has only given up 19 points through 5 games which is 3.8 points per game and the defense giving up 185 yards per game. Does that mean they are going to win the region no it does not. But they got through one mental hurdle for the team by beating Clarke. Luray, Central and Woodstock are all capable of winning the region

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Tee Jay will be a very tough out, especially against teams with slower team speeds. Idk if they win the state championship (Graham and Radford will be very tall tasks for anybody in the east) but don’t be surprised to see the Vikings in Salem. Their stud WR just got offered by UNC Chapel Hill yesterday.

Teams that can run the football well tend to win in the playoffs when it gets cold. Luray has a great rushing attack this year, Central can run it well. Could not find stats for those guys but Strasburg can run it well as well they have ran for 1320 yards on 141 carries in 5 games for a 9.3 YPC. Their defense has only given up 19 points through 5 games which is 3.8 points per game and the defense giving up 185 yards per game. Does that mean they are going to win the region no it does not. But they got through one mental hurdle for the team by beating Clarke. Luray, Central and Woodstock are all capable of winning the region
Just looked it up on Max Preps and Buckingham has rushed for over 1900 in 5 games. Almost 400 yards per game. I wonder why all the region B talk fails to mention them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJVikings804
Just looked it up on Max Preps and Buckingham has rushed for about over 1900 in 5 games. Almost 400 yards per game. I wonder why all the region B talk fails to mention
Do they run a wishbone - single-wing - option? Or line up in a traditional power. That is some major yardage.

Just looked it up on Max Preps and Buckingham has rushed for over 1900 in 5 games. Almost 400 yards per game. I wonder why all the region B talk fails to mention them.
Because they play no common teams that everyone else in the region plays. Also, their schedule has been very weak so far with the only decent team(Appo) beating them. Appo is not the normal version of themselves this year.

Buckingham might dominate Region B for all I know, but they did lose last year to Strasburg in round 1 and Central beat Strasburg by 3 TDs. I don't know if Central is as good, but BC would have had to improve a whole lot (which is certainly possible) but you can see the hesitancy to pick BC to win the Region.

Y’all keep saying this about appo and it may be true but they are are a damn good 2A team and will make a run. As for the schedule, who has the “region favorite” woodstock beaten that’s so good? They just struggled 20-14 vs 1-4 Broadway last week.
You may be right, but Appo isn't making a run..imo.

Reactions: Bo Bob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT