ADVERTISEMENT

Final four prediction

So
Haha no, that's just what I think will happen based on the game's Friday. And absolutely, they're a great team! Haha forgive me for saying who I think might win, I'm sorry good sir.
So your basing those predictions off Kings fork going up 27-7? That was probably the best thing to happen to LT. Now you really need to watch out for them lesson learned!

Reactions: wikki and jfcav1
Lesson learned or weakness exposed??
No weakness exposed. Smh my question how was it 13-13 with 4 mins left in the 3q and it took 2 defensive tds and a bomb At the end of the game to make the margain look bad against Heritage?? Exposed or lesson learned?

Reactions: gwb16
When you give up 39 there are some things that can work. When it is 13-13 at the 3 Q there were some defensive schemes that worked. When all admit there are some flaws (old/new) and see them and work to correct - then lesson learned. Our lesson? When they to stack/play the run turn quickly to the pass, we have the weapons there. When you don't the opposition ties you up way too long and into the 3rd Q. But nice to know the defense can slam the door on a hot offense for future need. Ps Phoebus lead York 13-6 at halftime and turned to the pass as the stack was against the run. Change really worked well.

Last edited:
Ditto, Mike S and Panther above.

Zero possibility LT loses against Lafayette. Yes, Zero chance. Lafayette has never played a team even close to that level. But then, very few have.

Woodgrove vs Salem
Courtland vs LT
I think all of the games will be fairly close except Lafayette will lose by 15 or more.

Everyone has their opinion and that is ok but what is your basis of Lafayette losing by 15 or more based? I assume you have seen both teams, I have not seen Courtland this year.

When you give up 39 there are some things that can work. When it is 13-13 at the 3 Q there were some defensive schemes that worked. When all admit there are some flaws (old/new) and see them and work to correct - then lesson learned. Our lesson? When they to stack/play the run turn quickly to the pass, we have the weapons there. When you don't the opposition ties you up way too long and into the 3rd Q. But nice to know the defense can slam the door on a hot offense for future need. Ps Phoebus lead York 13-6 at halftime and turned to the pass as the stack was against the run. Change really worked well.
39 points breakdown:
1st TD- INT that goes through DB hands
2nd TD- DB gets almost tackled on pick route TD
3rd TD- Wethington TD on run
4th TD- Blocked Punt TD
5th TD- Botched snap by punter giving KF ball on 3
6th TD- DB went to sleep on TE great play..

So 3 td's came off missed int, DE sleeping, and pick route..All things will be corrected this week.
2 other Tds because of special teams blunders will get fixed this week big time. Sort of like the whole when last year we stunk on special teams and that was our flaw after the Monacan game..

Don't let the KF game give you and Lafayette a false sense of security. Worry about Courtland this week not LT scores. We going to be alright thanks for your concern.

We have no false sense of security but what team approached any game with a defeated attitude?

I can guarantee the Lafayette team has not thought 10 seconds about LT. Courtland is a tough 10-2 and a road game on grass. More than enough to worry about there.

I
Everyone has their opinion and that is ok but what is your basis of Lafayette losing by 15 or more based? I assume you have seen both teams, I have not seen Courtland this year.
I think Courtland is playing the best ball they've played this year and I expect them to play a great game. It's just an opinion who knows Lafayette might put a whooping on them.

That is just respect for the current champion and talented LT by Lafayette's head coach for an interview. On the day by day basis the players are 1 week at a time. One of the asst coaches lives a few homes away and that is the teams approach each week.
I have a feeling this will be the last game they can say that but good luck to Lafayette it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they win.

Lafayette, I understand your frustration as many on this board do not appear to respect the accomplishments of the Rams; however, down playing proven teams is not the answer

Lafayette has been a consistent winner for years and obviously has talent. I am not being cynical but, tell us why (details) the Rams will move on. We already know why LT is a favorite. What makes your team special? How will they defend the strong Courtland offense?

Just a thought.......

Reactions: OCBoy
That is just respect for the current champion and talented LT by Lafayette's head coach for an interview. On the day by day basis the players are 1 week at a time. One of the asst coaches lives a few homes away and that is the teams approach each week.
Ok

Lafayette, I understand your frustration as many on this board do not appear to respect the accomplishments of the Rams; however, down playing proven teams is not the answer

Lafayette has been a consistent winner for years and obviously has talent. I am not being cynical but, tell us why (details) the Rams will move on. We already know why LT is a favorite. What makes your team special? How will they defend the strong Courtland offense?

Just a thought.......

All season long Lafayette HC and kids have been crying about the fact that their accomplishments in the Bay Rivers District have been overlooked. Why aren't they getting the same respect..Why doesn't anyone pay attention to the fact they are the first team finish undefeated in the Bay Rivers 3 straight years. The problem is NO ONE in Tidewater respects the Bay Rivers...Lafayette has stockpiled all the talent and the other teams are not that great. Just look at what Phoebus is doing to those teams in the 3A playoffs. Poquoson will be the next victim this week for the Phantoms and lets be real Phoebus is good, but nothing special. Phoebus is doing what Lafayette has done the last couple of years. Run through a bunch of weaker teams mostly from the BRD then will get a challenge when they play someone that can punch back. Last year it was Magna Vista and for Phoebus this year it will be either Hopewell or James Monroe in the regional final. GL to the Rams as they seek the respect they want so bad.

Just a thought.......
I don't think Lafayette is "special" but just very solid in all areas with 3 excellent RBs, three excellent tall wide receivers, one that can return punts and KOs the distance. The QB is a div 1 (Pitt) recruit at Lb and has passed for 1200 yards. On defense the BRD is primarily a running conference and Lafayette has played against 4 1000 yard runners this year and held up very well. statistically no one has run a lot on them. The LB core is very solid . This could all change at Courtland but after 12 games I feel comfortable with our chances. I would doubt we are the favorite, so be it?

Added- I did not realize my comments were downplaying any proven teams just an observation or 2. There are times I wonder why I even post and participate on here with all the negative comments on Lafayette here and the BRD.

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Thanks for the info Lafayette. Don't need to stop posting. Crow all you desire about your team you are unbeaten and deserve the right.

I was simply giving you my observation. Most of us know the Rams are stuck with their mandatory 9 game district schedule. You have made some less than positive statements about, LT, Phoebus and other East teams, but again that's your right.

If you keep winning and win the East you will shut us all up. Good Luck to the Rams.

I don't think Lafayette is "special" but just very solid in all areas with 3 excellent RBs, three excellent tall wide receivers, one that can return punts and KOs the distance. The QB is a div 1 (Pitt) recruit at Lb and has passed for 1200 yards. On defense the BRD is primarily a running conference and Lafayette has played against 4 1000 yard runners this year and held up very well. statistically no one has run a lot on them. The LB core is very solid . This could all change at Courtland but after 12 games I feel comfortable with our chances. I would doubt we are the favorite, so be it?

Added- I did not realize my comments were downplaying any proven teams just an observation or 2. There are times I wonder why I even post and participate on here with all the negative comments on Lafayette here and the BRD.
Lafayette is a solid program with history of doing well, but the problem is the BRD straight up stinks as a district and they are the big fish in a small pond. This year is no exception as Lafayette has struggled in the past with teams that were more battle tested than Lafayette (ex. James Monroe in the past and Magna Vista last year) 1000 rusher in the BRD where teams run 90% of the time is not hard when you look at the grand scheme of things. Courtland will be a tight game this week because they like Lafayette are a run first team like most BRD teams. The issue comes in when Lafayette has to matchup with teams that will throw the ball and have players on the outside. Sure Heritage did some of that, but they were 4-6 for a reason this season. I wish Lafayette nothing but the best this week as it should be an exciting game.

You are right, for better or worse we are in the BRD forever. All we can do is win the best we can OOD games. We only have one open spot in the schedule each year- game 1. But on MV game last year - 3 year stater and all conference QB goes out with broken wrist in semi final. Tough to win with that but it was real close.

You are right, for better or worse we are in the BRD forever. All we can do is win the best we can OOD games. We only have one open spot in the schedule each year- game 1. But on MV game last year - 3 year stater and all conference QB goes out with broken wrist in semi final. Tough to win with that but it was real close.
But I can add our experience here with Churchland last week did not show the south side in a positive light. The coach about 10 minutes before the game on the field yells out f**k loud enough for all to hear, then later in the game the Churchland fans/parents became so unruly the JCC police had to go over to settle it all down. Both first in 18 years of home games. Not an example to schedule more games from there.

I will add the Heritage fans/players were pretty good all around. Also their band was exceptional and played the whole time. Can we borrow for Courtland?

Last edited:
But I can add our experience here with Churchland last week did not show the south side in a positive light. The coach about 10 minutes before the game on the field yells out f**k loud enough for all to hear, then later in the game the Churchland fans/parents became so unruly the JCC police had to go over to settle it all down. Both first in 18 years of home games. Not an example to schedule more games from there.

I will add the Heritage fans/players were pretty good all around. Also their band was exceptional and played the whole time. Can we borrow for Courtland?
Courtlands band plays entire game too

It looks like you're picking the winners that give JF the easiest road to the championship...LOL
I'm just picking a couple upsets I'm a fan of the underdog. JF can beat any of the teams left, without question. And I think Champe will actually be tougher for us than Salem would. But one week at a time! Gotta get Woodgrove first

Reactions: Daboyz19
I'm just picking a couple upsets I'm a fan of the underdog. JF can beat any of the teams left, without question. And I think Champe will actually be tougher for us than Salem would. But one week at a time! Gotta get Woodgrove first
Not sure how confident I would be about my teams chances of wining it all after only beating Millbrook by two Td's . I would definitely be " questioning " it. Millbrook solid team but in no way a championship caliber team, and they Gave JF a strong challenge. After seeing Millbrook before , and Woodgrove last week. Based upon JF performance against Millbrook, I will have to say Woodgrove will be going to the West final, just a prediction anything can happen.
I think Salem will travel well and take care of Champe, but it will be a good game.

Yeah I would agree with that logic. It's just one of those games though, out of sync to start with. The BYE week was not good for us at all, I'm sure LT would agree with that. It's just bad for a team's psyche. Woodgrove is a solid team, but Millbrook was also pretty underrated by this point in the season. I just think at the end of the day, the 5 big playmakers for JF will produce and pull it out.

What does one head coach and a few fans have to do with the south side?

Reactions: Daboyz19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT