ADVERTISEMENT

Final JF 30 MV 18

jfcav1

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 14, 2014
great job on both sides, very physical football all night with no shortage of high impact. Very proud of the fight that both teams showed. MV defense was TOUGH. First half JF offense struggled big time to move the ball, depth helped in the second half. Still some sloppiness to clean up but I was pleased with the first game against a quality opponent. Next week.... GW

great job on both sides, very physical football all night with no shortage of high impact. Very proud of the fight that both teams showed. MV defense was TOUGH. First half JF offense struggled big time to move the ball, depth helped in the second half. Still some sloppiness to clean up but I was pleased with the first game against a quality opponent. Next week.... GW
I think MV has one of the best defensive coaches in the state. They lost a ton of good defensive starters, and kept that power running game in check.. only big play they gave up was when he recovered his own fumble. But that duo seemed to run harder as the game went on, and thats when they started getting chuncks of yards and it took several to bring them down.. if Christmas does what he did last night and control the clock they can beat GW, but they have to keep poole on the sideline. Gw speed might cause some problems, but that #25, #35 duo might cause GW problems also. That should be a another good game..

Next week will be a huge one! Two of the top 4 teams in the 434. It’s going to be a treat. GW has two big ones coming up. As an opposing fan, I’m worried about that MV defense. I remember @lyhsports saying that if you can hold JF under 35 then watch out.. Well Magna Vista kept them at 30. That’s very good. I believe MV and Northside are going to be tough come November. MV won’t see an offense in 3a as potent as JF or GW so I believe they are in good shape..Just gotta score now! As far as JF goes, my friend at MV said they are dogs in the trenches. I believe GW’s Line is the best its been in a few years but this game will see what they’re made of. Good luck to you my friend. Both teams are healthy and both remember that 57-56 heartbreaker last year. Sorry Vols, you won’t see that many points this year LOL!!

Next week will be a huge one! Two of the top 4 teams in the 434. It’s going to be a treat. GW has two big ones coming up. As an opposing fan, I’m worried about that MV defense. I remember @lyhsports saying that if you can hold JF under 35 then watch out.. Well Magna Vista kept them at 30. That’s very good. I believe MV and Northside are going to be tough come November. MV won’t see an offense in 3a as potent as JF or GW so I believe they are in good shape..Just gotta score now! As far as JF goes, my friend at MV said they are dogs in the trenches. I believe GW’s Line is the best its been in a few years but this game will see what they’re made of. Good luck to you my friend. Both teams are healthy and both remember that 57-56 heartbreaker last year. Sorry Vols, you won’t see that many points this year LOL!!
Magna Vista held JF to 29 last year. It’s going one of the games of the year. Especially with both teams healthy.

Look for Christmas to control the clock like he did against Heritage last year. He’s going to keep the GW offense off the field. GW will have to score on big plays and score quickly if the defense doesn’t get stops. JF is physical, and will wear you out all game long. GW might get less than 25 plays next week so they must score whenever they get the ball. Both teams say their defenses have improved. We will most definitely see. Glass plays JF this year, so go JF!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I think MV has one of the best defensive coaches in the state. They lost a ton of good defensive starters, and kept that power running game in check.. only big play they gave up was when he recovered his own fumble. But that duo seemed to run harder as the game went on, and thats when they started getting chuncks of yards and it took several to bring them down.. if Christmas does what he did last night and control the clock they can beat GW, but they have to keep poole on the sideline. Gw speed might cause some problems, but that #25, #35 duo might cause GW problems also. That should be a another good game..
Appreciate the insight. Again, I am VERY impressed with the way those kids played. They have no quit in them. (MV kids I am referring to)

Appreciate the insight. Again, I am VERY impressed with the way those kids played. They have no quit in them. (MV kids I am referring to)
It was kinda funny because you could just feel the momentum shift, especially when he fumbled. I dont know if JF side could see it but it bounced right back to him. Then everyone just looked at each other like that dude not suppose to run that fast with that size.. lol Hell we have a bye week, i might take a trip to JF this week.. should be exciting

Reactions: jfcav1
It definitely appeared that way though with the power running game in Check. And, at the end of the day, JF only scored 30. However, there were over 450 rushing yards for JF. But MV did hold them down more than I’ve seen most teams do since 2014.

Yea i guess "in check" is the wrong words.. they didnt allow any big plays except 1, and i think the paper said the defense was on the field for 75 plays.. thats alot of contact for a defense..

True. They definitely limited the big plays. I was still very impressed with the MV defense and their physicality, I didn’t mean to take anything away from that. It was just a grind to get those yards.

It was kinda funny because you could just feel the momentum shift, especially when he fumbled. I dont know if JF side could see it but it bounced right back to him. Then everyone just looked at each other like that dude not suppose to run that fast with that size.. lol Hell we have a bye week, i might take a trip to JF this week.. should be exciting
Come on. I’ll save a spot for you!

Reactions: jfcav1
LOL no apology necessary. Hopefully it will be a competitive game regardless of the amount of points scored.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT