ADVERTISEMENT

Final John Marshall 75. Gate City 57

Bittersweet with it being the last game of the season......

I know
As I left I saw the Auburn players talking on the cell phones letting the folks at home know

Were you surprised GC kept it within striking distance and held JM to 75? I didn't believe it would be as close as it was, which is weird to say after an 18-point loss. Assuming you saw all of JMs games in the tourney, was GC the toughest match up for them?

Were you surprised GC kept it within striking distance and held JM to 75? I didn't believe it would be as close as it was, which is weird to say after an 18-point loss. Assuming you saw all of JMs games in the tourney, was GC the toughest match up for them?
I had JM by 20. GC kept it close in first half.

Reactions: BigWinners
GC is very fundamental, and had a good defensive game plan (as good as anyone could expect against such talented players). GC did not back down, they played to win. As he has all season, Dean's scoring kept them close, and even kept them in the lead for several stretches of time. He went a little cold in the 3rd and JM pulled away. As advertised, JM was not your typical 2A team.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
JM has a kid 6'10" for Pete's sake...if he can walk and chew gum at the same time, how does JM lose in Class 2?

JM has a kid 6'10" for Pete's sake...if he can walk and chew gum at the same time, how does JM lose in Class 2?
Those big men still need to have some basketball skills. For example...Essex had a 7’0” 300 plus big man a few years ago and we are 1A. He won’t even a starter due to the lack of skills.

I was impressed by Gate City and their style of play. Bradley Dean is one Heck of a ballplayer. JM was just too much for GC. The length and athletes were just too much to overcome. Roosevelt Wheeler gets a lot of attention obviously, but Jason Nelson is a floor general. I really liked his game. JM will win it again next year.

Reactions: BigWinners
Well I would say at least judging by the score Brunswick was on par with the GC effort as the score was 64-60 JM at the end of 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT