ADVERTISEMENT

Final. John Marshall 78. East Rock 44

In this day and age of kids transferring, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wheeler and Parker go to a private school next year. Even if that were the case, I still see JM being in the mix though.

They should. Top players should want to play with top players if they have the option and it’s feasible for them.

I wish we could make this happen. I’d bet the house and after I win I would rent yours back to you just to ease my conscious for taking advantage of such a ridiculous bet and so you had a place to sleep! SMH!?!

I understand enthusiasm but you gotta be realistic my man.
You would lose on this one. Shenandoah doesn't have any 3-4 star athletes on team. They would not beat JM lol

JM only loses #0 and #2. 3 returning starters and young depth(if they all stay). It's a shame JM only has 500+ students so they're categorized as 2A. I'd love to see them compete against teams like Norview and Henrico in the postseason.
How about the preseason?
JM plays in the Fall League down in Tidewater. You can try to catch some of those games
JM also plays big schools during tourney games (804vs757, Coaches vs Cancer, and etc)

You would lose on this one. Shenandoah doesn't have any 3-4 star athletes on team. They would not beat JM lol
UVA barely has any 3-4 star players out of HS. You think JM beats them? No way JM beats any men’s college team, SU included. Men v boys. No knock on JM, I’d say the same thing about just about ANY HS team.

20 year olds v. 15-17 year olds? Cmon man!

UVA barely has any 3-4 star players out of HS. You think JM beats them? No way JM beats any men’s college team, SU included. Men v boys. No knock on JM, I’d say the same thing about just about ANY HS team.

20 year olds v. 15-17 year olds? Cmon man!
we all know he is not serious
this is just internet speculation

How about the preseason?
JM plays in the Fall League down in Tidewater. You can try to catch some of those games
JM also plays big schools during tourney games (804vs757, Coaches vs Cancer, and etc)
Catch them? I went to or saw all of those tourney games and caught two games at the Ben Moore Fall league. I’m saying, seeing a Henrico/JM region championship or state title game between JM and Courtland or Norview would be exciting.

In this day and age of kids transferring, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wheeler and Parker go to a private school next year. Even if that were the case, I still see JM being in the mix though.
I’d hate to see one of them leave like Isaiah Todd but exposure and winning is top priority and a business decision for the top kids now a days.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I can see them transferring to Trinity episcopal in rva that team. Literally have 5 players coming back next because they graduated like 8seniors this year

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Who does JM lose this year? I think Gate City deserves a lot of credit. They hung in there to only have a one point deficit at halftime. This isn’t a knock on this Gate City team, but i feel like this is Gate City’s worst team in the last 3. (They are still pretty darn good). You lose Ervin last year on a team that gave 30-0 Radford all they could handle until the 4th, and then you have McClung, Ervin, and Dean two years ago. Now, that team was special. I’ll stick to saying that last years Radford team (beat 3a champ Northside) would have given this years JM team a run. Everyone forgets about Quinton until they play him. The gate city team two years ago I believe to be the best 2a team I can remember. No doubt they would have made it a game/won the thing. My opinion. (Non gate city fan opinion)
I take it you are a 90s baby- If you could’ve seen some of the Martinsville, R E Lee, Brunswick teams you would have a different perspective about some of the best 2A teams

Reactions: 2up2downNole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT