ADVERTISEMENT

Final. John Marshall 78. East Rock 44

very little scoring in the last two minutes
must have been end of the bench time

Well 40piece Stuart’s draft now 30pieced East Rock well who’s Jayems next victim

No offense and nothing personal, but just another reason I am NEVER a believer in the Valley in Hoops or Pigskin until it they win the whole thing. The hype machine that comes annually off of 1-81 in both sports has been in full effect for a long time, and for some reason, there are always some that drink out of the Jonestown sippy cup every year only to be left dumbfounded.

For GC, they ain't beating JM either, but guarantee it's within 20.

No offense and nothing personal, but just another reason I am NEVER a believer in the Valley in Hoops or Pigskin until it they win the whole thing. The hype machine that comes annually off of 1-81 in both sports has been in full effect for a long time, and for some reason, there are always some that drink out of the Jonestown sippy cup every year only to be left dumbfounded.

The valley hasn't done a whole lot in 15 yrs but before that they won quite a few ships with Lee, harrisonburg and waynesboro

Within 20?

Nope JM will have another 20+ win. GC, Radford and East are all on par with each other. JM is just too much this yr

I think Riverheads is in the valley

Didn't Lee win state championship a few years ago with George and Vaughan........yes they did.

The following year they were runner-up to Gate City led by Mac, Zac and young Bradley Dean.

Unless Wheeler fouls out super early I dont think GC can keep it within 30 pts. They may not need a miracle to upset JM... but it would take something very close to it. Very proud of the fact that GC made it to the finals and in any other year the boys would have a good shot. But JM is just on another level. I think GC, Wise, Radford, ER, Brunswick, SD, and a few other teams were very close to one another and would have made for a very good title matchup had JM not been in the picture. Just gotta tip your cap to those boys....they would beat alot of collegiate teams.

Congrats to all the teams that made it to the post season. Been a solid year of some very good games between some equally powerful teams (aside from JM vs their opponents lol).

Reactions: pizzzzza
But JM is just on another level. I think GC, Wise, Radford, ER, Brunswick, SD, and a few other teams were very close to one another and would have made for a very good title matchup had JM not been in the picture. Just gotta tip your cap to those boys....they would beat alot of collegiate teams.
Now just which collegiate team would JM beat? Exaggerate much?

I’ll give you JM, 20 points and let you pick the college opponent.

Last edited:
So name a few d1,d2,d3 school's they could beat, that team called montverde could definitely beat a few college teams , they have a legit college d1 starting line up

Now just which collegiate team would JM beat? Exaggerate much?

I’ll give you JM, 20 points and let you pick the college opponent.

Any D3 team of my choice and giving me 20 pts to boot? Im afraid I'm not the one that's exaggerating much. I'd take that all day long and get plenty of sleep.

Emory and Henry.... UVA at Wise...etc. I could go on and on and on

Last edited:
Reactions: aw19752
Any D3 team of my choice and giving me 20 pts to boot? Im afraid I'm not the one that's exaggerating much. I'd take that all day long and get plenty of sleep.
I wish we could make this happen. I’d bet the house and after I win I would rent yours back to you just to ease my conscious for taking advantage of such a ridiculous bet and so you had a place to sleep! SMH!?!

I understand enthusiasm but you gotta be realistic my man.

So name a few d1,d2,d3 school's they could beat, that team called montverde could definitely beat a few college teams , they have a legit college d1 starting line up
Doubt it. Big difference between teenagers and men. LeBron and Kobis are few and far between.

But JM is not Monteverde. Great HS team though!

Last edited:
I wish we could make this happen. I’d bet the house and after I win I would rent yours back to you just to ease my conscious for taking advantage of such a ridiculous bet and so you had a place to sleep! SMH!?!

I understand enthusiasm but you gotta be realistic my man.

As my papaw always told me....."a fool and his money would soon part ways." You giving me my choice and 20 pts to boot would leave you broke. I think you underestimate just how bad some D3 collegiate teams really are....the bottom 2 or 3 teams in each conference being the ones I'm referring to.

As my papaw always told me....."a fool and his money would soon part ways." You giving me my choice and 20 pts to boot would leave you broke. I think you underestimate just how bad some D3 collegiate teams really are....the bottom 2 or 3 teams in each conference being the ones I'm referring to.
Well bless your heart, as my granny would say.

I’ll take a team of twenty year old college players over a high school team of 15-17 year olds all day everyday. Just the difference in strength development alone is HUGE.

JM is young and talented. When those young men fill out, they will be beasts. They already are when compared to HS players.

However, even the low D3 college teams are MUCH more physical and mature. You know this.

I like and admire your enthusiasm but you know down deep in your heart that you are defending an argument that is not defendable.

I'll gladly admit I didnt think GC had a chance to keep it within 30 pts of JM. I felt pretty confident that GC was more on par with how East Rock handled JM. Not sure if GC just played really well or if JM played subpar to what they usuallyhave....or a combo of both. Either way.... Congrats to both teams and am glad these teams actually got to have a definitive champion instead of that Co-Champ bologna.

Either way....I still stand by what I said. I'll take the 20 pts and pick whatever D3 team I please. I wouldn't have to leave out of the NETN or SWVA area to prove my point. If JM plays the way they are capable of they make life hard on a bunch of the lesser D3 teams in the area I live in. We will just have to agree to disagree on it.

I'll gladly admit I didnt think GC had a chance to keep it within 30 pts of JM. I felt pretty confident that GC was more on par with how East Rock handled JM. Not sure if GC just played really well or if JM played subpar to what they usuallyhave....or a combo of both. Either way.... Congrats to both teams and am glad these teams actually got to have a definitive champion instead of that Co-Champ bologna.

Either way....I still stand by what I said. I'll take the 20 pts and pick whatever D3 team I please. I wouldn't have to leave out of the NETN or SWVA area to prove my point. If JM plays the way they are capable of they make life hard on a bunch of the lesser D3 teams in the area I live in. We will just have to agree to disagree on it.
I know for a fact Jayem couldn’t beat Paul VI u haven’t seen them play right or know much about them

You said jm would beat a d3college team , but Paul Vi is a Va private school and i Paul Vi would beat jm I can give facts or etc

Yea....I never said JM was the best high school team (whether it be public or private school) in the state of VA. That has no bearing on the matter of whether or not JM would beat some bottom tier conference D3 teams. That would be more likely to lend to my point that JM could beat or hang within 20 pts of some D3 teams and Paul VI would certainly beat some of them.

Cant imagine being a fan and traveling 5 or 6 hrs only for the games to be cancelled when I got there.

It's a good thing the Flu doesnt stir up this much commotion every year when Flu season sets in. It only accounts for thousands of deaths per year and around 60-70k deaths in the past 7-10 years.

You said jm would beat a d3college team , but Paul Vi is a Va private school and i Paul Vi would beat jm I can give facts or etc
I've seen JM play a bit this season and PVI play in the WCAC. I'd like the matchups in a JM and PVI game. JM would compete I wouldn't count them out...

As far as against collegiate teams, again they have the talent to compete but we wouldn't see the same JM we're accustom to.

Who does JM lose this year? I think Gate City deserves a lot of credit. They hung in there to only have a one point deficit at halftime. This isn’t a knock on this Gate City team, but i feel like this is Gate City’s worst team in the last 3. (They are still pretty darn good). You lose Ervin last year on a team that gave 30-0 Radford all they could handle until the 4th, and then you have McClung, Ervin, and Dean two years ago. Now, that team was special. I’ll stick to saying that last years Radford team (beat 3a champ Northside) would have given this years JM team a run. Everyone forgets about Quinton until they play him. The gate city team two years ago I believe to be the best 2a team I can remember. No doubt they would have made it a game/won the thing. My opinion. (Non gate city fan opinion)

Who does JM lose this year? I think Gate City deserves a lot of credit. They hung in there to only have a one point deficit at halftime. This isn’t a knock on this Gate City team, but i feel like this is Gate City’s worst team in the last 3. (They are still pretty darn good). You lose Ervin last year on a team that gave 30-0 Radford all they could handle until the 4th, and then you have McClung, Ervin, and Dean two years ago. Now, that team was special. I’ll stick to saying that last years Radford team (beat 3a champ Northside) would have given this years JM team a run. Everyone forgets about Quinton until they play him. The gate city team two years ago I believe to be the best 2a team I can remember. No doubt they would have made it a game/won the thing. My opinion. (Non gate city fan opinion)
JM only loses #0 and #2. 3 returning starters and young depth(if they all stay). It's a shame JM only has 500+ students so they're categorized as 2A. I'd love to see them compete against teams like Norview and Henrico in the postseason.

JM only loses #0 and #2. 3 returning starters and young depth(if they all stay). It's a shame JM only has 500+ students so they're categorized as 2A. I'd love to see them compete against teams like Norview and Henrico in the postseason.
In this day and age of kids transferring, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wheeler and Parker go to a private school next year. Even if that were the case, I still see JM being in the mix though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT